LeBron having this kind of season at his age is pretty damn special

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

OkcSinceSGA
RealGM
And1: 29,487

LeBron having this kind of season at his age is pretty damn special 

Post#1 » by OkcSinceSGA » Sat Jan 21, 2023 5:52 pm

I haven’t followed the Lakers much. I know there is more to the game than a box score. To see that he’s averaging 29.6, 8.4, 7 at 37 and 38 years old is pretty insane. I am sure this has never happened?
“This kid reminds me of a 6-6 Chris Paul. He wants to win everything.”

Olin Simplis- SGA’s trainer.
narmerguy
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,052

Re: LeBron having this kind of season at his age is pretty damn special 

Post#2 » by narmerguy » Sat Jan 21, 2023 6:08 pm

We know.

What more do you want us to do about it? His team isn't going to win anything important and he's not playing well enough to win any individual awards.
Movics
Pro Prospect
And1: 649

Post#3 » by Movics » Sat Jan 21, 2023 6:12 pm

LeBronFanSinceHeBrokeTheAllTimeScoringRecord in the making?
all I ever needed was somebody with some reason who can keep me sane
Ever since I can remember, I've been keepin' it together, but I'm feelin' strange
TheNG
Rookie
And1: 1,331

Post#4 » by TheNG » Sat Jan 21, 2023 6:16 pm

I'd be much more impressed if he could get his team to the playoffs, even with less impressive personal stats.
If you have more "Posts" than "And1", don't feel bad if I didn't reply to you - I just don't like to speak with people who argue a lot :beer:
BigGargamel
Veteran
And1: 5,701

Post#5 » by BigGargamel » Sat Jan 21, 2023 6:18 pm

He’s accomplished as much as he ever will. He is hanging around to break stat records. Which is his right at this point in his career. Nothing wrong with that.

But I’m seeing wayyyyyy too many people on here saying the lakers can make a playoff run. It’s not going to happen. No one is scared of the lakers. At all. They aren’t even in the play in.
ChartFiction
Starter
And1: 2,762

Post#6 » by ChartFiction » Sat Jan 21, 2023 6:28 pm

BigGargamel wrote:He’s accomplished as much as he ever will. He is hanging around to break stat records. Which is his right at this point in his career. Nothing wrong with that.

But I’m seeing wayyyyyy too many people on here saying the lakers can make a playoff run. It’s not going to happen. No one is scared of the lakers. At all. They aren’t even in the play in.

How is he "hanging around to break stat records" when he is managing to be +2.3 on a losing record team and the highest impact on the roster. Averaging basically 30/8/7 on 58.3% TS

He's literally just playing basketball and just continuing to do that because there's no reason to not do it.
alevirfe
Starter
And1: 1,676

Post#7 » by alevirfe » Sat Jan 21, 2023 6:29 pm

BigGargamel wrote:He’s accomplished as much as he ever will. He is hanging around to break stat records. Which is his right at this point in his career. Nothing wrong with that.

disagree. no one up top (including your Nuggets) want to see LeBron/AD or Kawhi/PG in the first round of the playoffs. what kind of reward is that for locking up a high seed? I agree the Lakers aren't a good team, but having two superstars in a series can win you a few games
mintsa wrote: Yeah….the “new car smell” is starting to wear off with Scottie.

bongmarley wrote:I thought he was supposed to be an elite defender. He is horrible. On the perimeter he gets blown by everytime Its really bad
alevirfe
Starter
And1: 1,676

Post#8 » by alevirfe » Sat Jan 21, 2023 6:35 pm

ChartFiction wrote:

How is he "hanging around to break stat records" when he is managing to be +2.3 on a losing record team and the highest impact on the roster. Averaging basically 30/8/7 on 58.3% TS

He's literally just playing basketball and just continuing to do that because there's no reason to not do it.

yea, it's a shame he doesn't have a team around him (outside of AD) because he looks ready for a run again this season

to think LeBron is fizzling out the way Kobe did is just wrong. he can still get another ring with this level of production
mintsa wrote: Yeah….the “new car smell” is starting to wear off with Scottie.

bongmarley wrote:I thought he was supposed to be an elite defender. He is horrible. On the perimeter he gets blown by everytime Its really bad
Freighttrain
Analyst
And1: 7,080

Post#9 » by Freighttrain » Sat Jan 21, 2023 6:37 pm

No one is scared of any team in the west. There are no juggernauts in the West, so why even make that point
BigGargamel
Veteran
And1: 5,701

Post#10 » by BigGargamel » Sat Jan 21, 2023 6:40 pm

The lakers have the third worst record in the west with no way to get better. AD isn’t reliable. Lebron can’t carry trash anymore. He’s not going to sniff another championship, or second round. Come on y’all. There’s two seasons worth of losing to back that up.

The lakers probably won’t even make the playoffs, let alone a run. LOL
MavsDirk41
Analyst
And1: 2,367

Post#11 » by MavsDirk41 » Sat Jan 21, 2023 6:43 pm

Yea lets get this day started off with another lebron james thread lol….if you would have watched the game last night you might be saying thank goodness the lakers still have westbrook

Westbrook 10-18 2ptfg% 2-4 from 3 29/5/6
James 8/21 2ptfg% 1-5 from 3 23/9/6
MavsDirk41
Analyst
And1: 2,367

Post#12 » by MavsDirk41 » Sat Jan 21, 2023 6:45 pm

alevirfe wrote:
ChartFiction wrote:

yea, it's a shame he doesn't have a team around him (outside of AD) because he looks ready for a run again this season

to think LeBron is fizzling out the way Kobe did is just wrong. he can still get another ring with this level of production

Lol shannon is that you??
Saberestar
RealGM
And1: 14,631

Post#13 » by Saberestar » Sat Jan 21, 2023 6:45 pm

He is amazing. Period.
Cavsfansince84
RealGM
And1: 10,184

Post#14 » by Cavsfansince84 » Sat Jan 21, 2023 6:48 pm

This is such a terrible take. If anything it applies to Kareem way more since he was only hanging around because his accountant had stolen millions from him and he needed the money. This also applies way more to someone like Tom Brady hanging around at age 45 as a shell of his prime self just because he can't walk away. LeBron is only 38 and is still top 10-15 player in the league. Duncan, Kareem, Dirk, KG and others all went to age 40 when they weren't nearly as impactful as LeBron is now. Some people just always have to find a way to hate on the guy.
GSWFan1994
Head Coach
And1: 14,106

Post#15 » by GSWFan1994 » Sat Jan 21, 2023 6:49 pm

His durability is amazing and he's certainly playing great for his age, but there's some stat padding to be had, too.
AmIWrongDude
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,081

Post#16 » by AmIWrongDude » Sat Jan 21, 2023 6:50 pm

MavsDirk41 wrote:Yea lets get this day started off with another lebron james thread lol….if you would have watched the game last night you might be saying thank goodness the lakers still have westbrook

Russ was amazing last night but this was 1 game. LeBron has been absolutely dominant recently. Not many players have been better than him lately.

It’s funny cuz they’ve been losing games with him playing great but they won last night with him not playing well. Finally got some good luck too.
Cavsfansince84
RealGM
And1: 10,184

Post#17 » by Cavsfansince84 » Sat Jan 21, 2023 7:10 pm

GSWFan1994 wrote:His durability is amazing and he's certainly playing great for his age, but there's some stat padding to be had, too.

Please, you can say the same about every other top 15 player in the league. Stop being oblivious.
Lockdown504090
RealGM
And1: 12,035

Post#18 » by Lockdown504090 » Sat Jan 21, 2023 7:10 pm

MavsDirk41 wrote:Yea lets get this day started off with another lebron james thread lol….if you would have watched the game last night you might be saying thank goodness the lakers still have westbrook

did you watch how russ got those fg? most of them were off closeouts from lebrons creation.
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 36,496

Post#19 » by zimpy27 » Sat Jan 21, 2023 7:16 pm

He's amazing. A once in a lifetime player.
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
Knightfall
Rookie
And1: 1,030

Post#20 » by Knightfall » Sat Jan 21, 2023 7:28 pm

Practicing the hate for when Luka flies out of Dallas I see.

Return to The General Board