2023 trade deadline (February 9)

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

DS17
Sixth Man
And1: 1,372

Re: 2023 trade deadline 

Post#141 » by DS17 » Sat Jan 21, 2023 8:18 pm

SK21209 wrote:We'll probably just do a small trade for like Reddish but I really want to see (1) Beverley/FRP for Kuz and (2) Russ/FRP for Rozier/Hayward, maybe Plumlee. I don't think either is outlandish and they would leave us with a decent squad.

why the hell are we GIVING a FRP to get Haywards **** contract back when we are giving them an expiring contract in WB? cmon bro
nikster
RealGM
And1: 11,762

Post#142 » by nikster » Sun Jan 22, 2023 12:35 am

giberish wrote:
Black Jack wrote:
whatisacenter wrote:Don't look for the Warriors to be buyers at the deadline.

https://theathletic.com/4089003/2023/01/19/warriors-trade-scenarios-kuminga-wiseman/

Imagine if the Dubs had nailed just one of those 3 picks and added a guy like Franz or Sengun :x

I honestly don't see how they can justify keeping Wiseman. Unless they know that there is absolutely no market for him (like GS would have to provide incentive just to salary dump him level).

Yes, the return would certainly make the pick look bad. But the pick already looks bad, a trade return won't change that and the team could really use another credible rotation player.

I don't really see his value getting any higher either. He's still young and raw enough to have the allure of potential. A few more years even that will be gone. He is pricey for what he brings tho
CP War Hawks
Analyst
And1: 1,429

Post#143 » by CP War Hawks » Sun Jan 22, 2023 12:51 am

I think who gets Reddish will get a decent player going forward. He's failed with two teams already wanting to be a primary ball handler. Maybe this will have humbled him enough to focus on the 3&D role he can excel at.
KnicksNext
Veteran
And1: 1,509

Post#144 » by KnicksNext » Sun Jan 22, 2023 3:42 am

WuTang_OG wrote:
AleksandarN wrote:
WuTang_OG wrote:
Lol

That’s a dream alright.

I wouldn’t even do OG alone for those guys.

OG is no where near as good as Jamal.

offensively sure (even though the production is the same). But i do acklowedge Murray has a greater arsenal. But I’ll take OG’s impact on both ends over Jamaal. Doesn’t come close. DPOY at the hardest position every night.

Except he plays on a crappy team and Murray just so happens to be on the best team in the league. That should probably play a factor in it, no?
WuTang_OG
RealGM
And1: 43,042

Post#145 » by WuTang_OG » Sun Jan 22, 2023 3:52 am

KnicksNext wrote:
WuTang_OG wrote:
AleksandarN wrote:
OG is no where near as good as Jamal.

offensively sure (even though the production is the same). But i do acklowedge Murray has a greater arsenal. But I’ll take OG’s impact on both ends over Jamaal. Doesn’t come close. DPOY at the hardest position every night.

Except he plays on a crappy team and Murray just so happens to be on the best team in the league. That should probably play a factor in it, no?

Sure I guess but not much. Looking at both players, I rather have OG who can do it on both ends - just a greater overall impact.
BigGargamel
Veteran
And1: 5,701

Post#146 » by BigGargamel » Sun Jan 22, 2023 7:46 am

I think the chance for the warriors to get anything of value for wiseman has long come and gone. This is year three and he has shown very little. He will probably wind up like Bagley, moved for a second round pick to a team with nothing to play for.

A former 2nd overall pick spending some of his third year in the g league is flat out embarrassing. I don’t care what team you’re playing for. Thabeet level bust
hippesthippo
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,281

Post#147 » by hippesthippo » Sun Jan 22, 2023 12:46 pm

DS17 wrote:
SK21209 wrote:We'll probably just do a small trade for like Reddish but I really want to see (1) Beverley/FRP for Kuz and (2) Russ/FRP for Rozier/Hayward, maybe Plumlee. I don't think either is outlandish and they would leave us with a decent squad.

why the hell are we GIVING a FRP to get Haywards **** contract back when we are giving them an expiring contract in WB? cmon bro

Presumably, the FRP is for Rozier. I wouldn't make that trade tho. Hayward would be a perfect fit if you could rely on him to make it to the playoffs healthy, but you can't and doubling down on expensive, injury prone players would be a massive gamble for LA. Rozier isn't enough to offset that-- the Lakers problem this year really hasn't been their guard play.

LA already has 6 rotation-worthy guards [Reaves, Walker, Bev, Brick, Schroeder, Nunn]. What the Lakers need is a legitimate forward to play next to Lebron when AD is at center and a backup big man that plays defense.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,339

Post#148 » by 76ciology » Sun Jan 22, 2023 1:17 pm

Trade Market has a surplus of bigs that the teams who have them are trying to pump and dump like Spencer Hawes final year as a Sixer lol

Jazz with Vando and Olynyk
Hornets with Plumlee
Spurs with Poetl and Collins
Magic with Bamba
Pistons with Noel
Suns with Ayton
Raps with Boucher
Kings with Holmes
Hawks with Capela and Collins (Okongwu is ready)

FA market also has Whiteside, LMA and DMC. I just dont know how much they can contribute now

I dont know if im missing some more
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
Blame Rasho
On Leave
And1: 8,466

Post#149 » by Blame Rasho » Sun Jan 22, 2023 6:55 pm

I don’t see the spurs getting any 1st round picks for any of their players that they have in the open market for trades. In anything they will be the team that ppl will dump bad contracts to get out of Lux tax and maybe they will get cash considerations and several 2nd rounders.
bisme37
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 55,409

Post#150 » by bisme37 » Sun Jan 22, 2023 6:57 pm

Wiretap from last couple days:

Jazz open to trading anyone/everyone aside from Lauri and Kessler
Hornets taking/making calls on Hayward, Rozier and Oubre
Wizards open to trading Hachimura and Hachimura open to being traded
Bucks trying to get Eric Gordon
Bucks trying to find a new team for Serge Ibaka
Heat want Cam Reddish
No big moves expected for LAL

Trade deadline is February 9th btw.
Pointgod
RealGM
And1: 21,629

Post#151 » by Pointgod » Sun Jan 22, 2023 7:01 pm

Blame Rasho wrote:I don’t see the spurs getting any 1st round picks for any of their players that they have in the open market for trades. In anything they will be the team that ppl will dump bad contracts to get out of Lux tax and maybe they will get cash considerations and several 2nd rounders.

I think they can get a lottery protected first for Puddle but I think anything more then that is wishful thinking. Anyone else on the block is not fetching more than a first round pick.
Blame Rasho
On Leave
And1: 8,466

Post#152 » by Blame Rasho » Sun Jan 22, 2023 7:02 pm

bisme37 wrote:Wiretap from last couple days:

Heat want Cam Reddish

The trade deadline isn’t going to be as juicy as years prior.
Pointgod
RealGM

Post#153 » by Pointgod » Sun Jan 22, 2023 7:03 pm

Heat want Cam Reddish

Pelinka needs to be fired if he doesn’t at least leverage Beverly and Nunn’s expiring contracts.
bisme37
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 55,409

Post#154 » by bisme37 » Sun Jan 22, 2023 7:10 pm

Hoopshype article on trade rumors
https://hoopshype.com/lists/nba-trade-rumors-rankings-john-wall-anunoby-vanvleet-kuzma-conley/

Mentions:
Cam Reddish
Bojan Bogdanovic
Jakob Poeltl
Eric Gordon
Fred VanVleet
Mike Conley
Kyle Kuzma
OG Anunoby
Nerlens Noel
John Wall
MavsDirk41
Analyst
And1: 2,367

Post#155 » by MavsDirk41 » Sun Jan 22, 2023 8:09 pm

If Mavs cant work out an extension for Wood he is gonna be moved i think. I think Capela would be perfect for the Mavs. He is a rebounder and shotblocker who also can score on lobs.
giberish
RealGM
And1: 5,808

Post#156 » by giberish » Sun Jan 22, 2023 8:24 pm

Pointgod wrote:

Heat want Cam Reddish

Pelinka needs to be fired if he doesn’t at least leverage Beverly and Nunn’s expiring contracts.

To do what, exactly?

Trade them for other expiring contracts? Or take on longer salary that gets in the way of their cap space plan(/fantasy) for minor upgrades?
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 10,134

Post#157 » by Michael Jackson » Sun Jan 22, 2023 11:19 pm

giberish wrote:
Pointgod wrote:

Heat want Cam Reddish

To do what, exactly?

Trade them for other expiring contracts? Or take on longer salary that gets in the way of their cap space plan(/fantasy) for minor upgrades?

Yeah not sure what the thought process on that is.
Pattycakes
General Manager
And1: 1,436

Post#158 » by Pattycakes » Mon Jan 23, 2023 1:59 am

This trade works, charlotte take all the picks you need to make this equal if you feel stiffed - Rozier, Oubre, Plumlee for Nurk, Hart, Little and Winslow.
Pointgod
RealGM

Post#159 » by Pointgod » Mon Jan 23, 2023 3:46 am

giberish wrote:
Pointgod wrote:

Heat want Cam Reddish

To do what, exactly?

Yes trade them for to teams looking to clear capspace and want to pick up an additional second round pick or for a contributing player with a longer salary. It won’t ruin the capspace fantasy because you can just trade for a player in a sign and trade while you have another pick to offer in the summer. It makes no sense to not even do a minor upgrade when the Lakers are 2 games out of the 6th seed and DONT EVEN HAVE THEIR PICK this season. Get Bron some more firepower. Trading Beverly and Nunn allows the Lakers to take back up to 23 million in salary. That puts you in the salary range of some really good players.
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 10,134

Post#160 » by Michael Jackson » Mon Jan 23, 2023 4:37 am

Pointgod wrote:
giberish wrote:
Pointgod wrote:

To do what, exactly?

Yes trade them for to teams looking to clear capspace and want to pick up an additional second round pick or for a contributing player with a longer salary. It won’t ruin the capspace fantasy because you can just trade for a player in a sign and trade while you have another pick to offer in the summer. It makes no sense to not even do a minor upgrade when the Lakers are 2 games out of the 6th seed and DONT EVEN HAVE THEIR PICK this season. Get Bron some more firepower. Trading Beverly and Nunn allows the Lakers to take back up to 23 million in salary. That puts you in the salary range of some really good players.

Who is looking to clear cap space though... the theory is sound but it is not a year that teams are looking to run and free up space particularly. Granted matching 23 million is easier than Russ's salary which is near impossible, I just don't know who a logical partner would be?

Return to The General Board