ImageImageImage

2022-23 Season Discussion and Speculation 4 - Trade season continues - No player trade restrictions

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

Initial thoughts on KD for Bridges, Cam, Crowder, plus picks?

Love it!
25%
Indifferent
5%
Hate it
39%
Wait and see...
31%

Total votes: 61

Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets
And1: 6,442

Re: 2022-23 Season Discussion and Speculation 4 - Trade season continues - No player trade restrictions 

Post#381 » by Ghost of Kleine » Wed Jan 25, 2023 8:10 pm

Read on Twitter
Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets

Re: 2022-23 Season Discussion and Speculation 4 - Trade season continues - No player trade restrictions 

Post#382 » by Ghost of Kleine » Wed Jan 25, 2023 8:26 pm

Read on Twitter
Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets

Post#383 » by Ghost of Kleine » Wed Jan 25, 2023 8:30 pm

Read on Twitter

This is really good news ...................right??? It'll ensure a big move?
sunsbum
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,691

Post#384 » by sunsbum » Wed Jan 25, 2023 8:31 pm

Djedefre wrote:Mikal looks a bit better this few games, but to say he's significantly improved his game is a big stretch. Not convinced he's capable of being a 3rd option on offense in the playoffs, let alone something more. I really do not see any room for optimism unless we make a big splash trade.

I think Mikal could be a great 3rd option if we had a 2nd guy like Jayson Tatum has in Jalen Brown or Jokic/Murray. We just need to have a bigger #2 punch.
Flex is now your father.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,660

Post#385 » by WeekapaugGroove » Wed Jan 25, 2023 8:40 pm

Ghost of Kleine wrote:
Read on Twitter

Maybe, it certainly opens up the possibility of a big move. But it's also possible Mat will want to spend some time with this current group before deciding on any big changes. Plus I'd say Ayton is the most likely chip to be used in a big deal and he can veto a trade until this summer.

Sent from my SM-G986U using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
spanishninja
General Manager
And1: 6,131

Post#386 » by spanishninja » Wed Jan 25, 2023 8:48 pm

WeekapaugGroove wrote:
Ghost of Kleine wrote:
Read on Twitter

Maybe, it certainly opens up the possibility of a big move. But it's also possible Mat will want to spend some time with this current group before deciding on any big changes. Plus I'd say Ayton is the most likely chip to be used in a big deal and he can veto a trade until this summer.

whether this is good or bad depends on if Ishbia really understands the NBA.
Saberestar
RealGM
And1: 14,799

Post#387 » by Saberestar » Wed Jan 25, 2023 8:49 pm

Devin Booker continues progressing and will be re-evaluated in one week, per Suns.
King4Day
RealGM
And1: 9,203

Post#388 » by King4Day » Wed Jan 25, 2023 8:56 pm

Ghost of Kleine wrote:
Read on Twitter

Him being hands on isn't necessarily a good thing. Forcing a trade that requires us to give up more than the player is worth is dangerous. If he does this, then no doubt Jones is gone after this season is over
"Sometimes, the dragon wins" #RallyTheValley
BobbieL
RealGM
And1: 6,785

Post#389 » by BobbieL » Wed Jan 25, 2023 9:17 pm

King4Day wrote:
Ghost of Kleine wrote:
Read on Twitter

Him being hands on isn't necessarily a good thing. Forcing a trade that requires us to give up more than the player is worth is dangerous. If he does this, then no doubt Jones is gone after this season is over

Agreed - let the professionals do the job

Now if he is willing to pay lux tax and what not - thats fine
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM

Post#390 » by WeekapaugGroove » Wed Jan 25, 2023 9:18 pm

King4Day wrote:
Ghost of Kleine wrote:
Read on Twitter

Yeah lots of owners, especially new ones, are pretty hands on. These guys pay a lot for their toy and often have had so much success in their other businesses they think they know how to build a team. I get it. One of the main jobs of a good GM is to manage an owner and steer their desires in a positive direction.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
BobbieL
RealGM

Post#391 » by BobbieL » Wed Jan 25, 2023 9:19 pm

King4Day wrote:
Ghost of Kleine wrote:
Read on Twitter

SlovenianDragon
Head Coach
And1: 11,052

Post#392 » by SlovenianDragon » Wed Jan 25, 2023 9:50 pm

BobbieL wrote:
King4Day wrote:
Ghost of Kleine wrote:
Read on Twitter

Eh if I was owner of the suns I would 100% be involved...I think most people here would too.

The good news for us is he has basketball experience so he's not just a suit with money...

Although there is Michael Jordan...lol

Anyways I'm optimistic...
spanishninja
General Manager

Post#393 » by spanishninja » Wed Jan 25, 2023 9:53 pm

SlovenianDragon wrote:
BobbieL wrote:
King4Day wrote:

Eh if I was owner of the suns I would 100% be involved...I think most people here would too.

The good news for us is he has basketball experience so he's not just a suit with money...

depends on what you mean by "basketball experience". does being a benchwarmer on an NCAA team translate to making moves as an NBA owner?
SlovenianDragon
Head Coach
And1: 11,052

Post#394 » by SlovenianDragon » Wed Jan 25, 2023 9:57 pm

spanishninja wrote:
SlovenianDragon wrote:
BobbieL wrote:

depends on what you mean by "basketball experience". does being a benchwarmer on an NCAA team translate to making moves as an NBA owner?

I think being an nba owner gives him the right to make moves as the nba owner...lol.

The fact hes played basketball is probably a benefit over an owner who could have no idea about basketball but wants to tinker with the team.
TeamTragic
General Manager
And1: 5,828

Post#395 » by TeamTragic » Wed Jan 25, 2023 10:42 pm

Ghost of Kleine wrote:
Read on Twitter

Nobody currently available is worth risking our future. Matt knows that trading picks should not be taken lightly.

Stay the course and wait until we have everyone back healthy.
spanishninja
General Manager

Post#396 » by spanishninja » Wed Jan 25, 2023 10:46 pm

SlovenianDragon wrote:
spanishninja wrote:
SlovenianDragon wrote:

I think being an nba owner gives him the right to make moves as the nba owner...lol.

The fact hes played basketball is probably a benefit over an owner who could have no idea about basketball but wants to tinker with the team.

you know what I mean. making GOOD moves, otherwise he's just Sarver with less frugality.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM

Post#397 » by WeekapaugGroove » Wed Jan 25, 2023 10:56 pm

spanishninja wrote:
SlovenianDragon wrote:
spanishninja wrote:

you know what I mean. making GOOD moves, otherwise he's just Sarver with less frugality.
Plus hopefully minus the toxic culture.

A not cheap and non scumbag Sarver wouldn't have been that bad.

ALL owners have some say in transactions, GMs are their employees and it's their money being spent. The good owners hire good people and listen to their advice but the final decision is theirs.

BobbieL
RealGM

Post#398 » by BobbieL » Wed Jan 25, 2023 11:10 pm

WeekapaugGroove wrote:
spanishninja wrote:
SlovenianDragon wrote:

Plus hopefully minus the toxic culture.

A not cheap and non scumbag Sarver wouldn't have been that bad.

ALL owners have some say in transactions, GMs are their employees and it's their money being spent. The good owners hire good people and listen to their advice but the final decision is theirs.

Good culture - important

Fiscal Sanity: Sarver was a yo-yo about one day spending money, the next day saving or vice versa. Have a 3-5 year rolling vision of the cap, luxury tax and how much you want to commit to the organization for the players

A fun time for him to take over -the trade deadline - see what he really wants to do an dhow much he is willing to spend this year and next
Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets

Post#399 » by Ghost of Kleine » Wed Jan 25, 2023 11:41 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Should we have any interest in either of these situations?? I certainly wouldn't mind us pursuing Young as a superstar addition to be our PGOTF. And work around that premise this summer! I think something around a Paul/ Johnson/ filler/ 3 1sts could maybe get things done or else some derivation of a 3 team Ayton trade perhaps?
Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets

Post#400 » by Ghost of Kleine » Wed Jan 25, 2023 11:42 pm

Read on Twitter

Return to Phoenix Suns