If you could re do the Cade, Green and Mobley draft would you go differently

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,688

Re: If you could re do the Cade, Green and Mobley draft would you go differently 

Post#861 » by basketballRob » Wed Jan 25, 2023 8:42 pm

Vampirate wrote:
basketballRob wrote:Franz Wagner is the second best ball handler on the Magic behind Fultz.

Sent from my SM-G781U using RealGM mobile app

So what's the point you're trying to make? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Also, you said Franz needed to work on his defense? I'm pointing out the misconceptions about Franz.

Sent from my SM-G950U using RealGM mobile app
Vampirate
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,646

Re: If you could re do the Cade, Green and Mobley draft would you go differently 

Post#862 » by Vampirate » Wed Jan 25, 2023 8:45 pm

LBJKB24MJ23 wrote:
Vampirate wrote:
basketballRob wrote:Franz Wagner is the second best ball handler on the Magic behind Fultz.

Sent from my SM-G781U using RealGM mobile app

So what's the point you're trying to make? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

:lol: :lol:

needs to keep his man relevant. :lol: :lol:

remember the days when this mans was fighting so hard for Suggs.

I just said Franz is the best scorer, ball handling is generally included in scoring itself, I thought that's pretty well not needed to be said.
DreamTeam09
RealGM
And1: 8,561

Post#863 » by DreamTeam09 » Wed Jan 25, 2023 8:54 pm

None of them are better than Paulo imo. Orlando has done well building thru the draft although, you wouldn't have said that 24months ago

In Raptor Ball I Trust
jezzerinho
Starter
And1: 1,499

Post#864 » by jezzerinho » Wed Jan 25, 2023 8:56 pm

Vampirate wrote:
tooler wrote:basketballRob has been on a tear lately, there's no stopping him right now! And don't ask us to come get him, we're powerless.

Here's a good question

What's the one aspect of his game you want to see Franz work on the most in the off season?

For Raptor fans it's probably Barnes Ball Handling. Even more than shooting.

Finishing with his left. He can do it, and does, but if he gets to the point he can layup equally easily with either, watch out.

The path to greatness is to hone what you're good at, not obsess on the stuff you're not. For Franz, that means even more craft driving to the rim. My opinion anyway...

If he can speed up his 3pt shot a little (eliminate the dip) he'd be lethal.
The Moose
General Manager
And1: 5,116

Post#865 » by The Moose » Thu Jan 26, 2023 1:47 am

MoneyTalks41890 wrote:Mobley
Giddey
Cade
Wagner
Barnes

KOC is that you

Read on Twitter
Reeko
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 32,888

Post#866 » by Reeko » Thu Jan 26, 2023 2:26 am

The Moose wrote:
MoneyTalks41890 wrote:Mobley
Giddey
Cade
Wagner
Barnes

KOC is that you

Read on Twitter

Why the hell would he have a guy with bad percentages who has only played 12 games this season, 3rd in a re draft?

I guess this about what I should expect from the guy who insisted that Killian Hayes was the second coming of James Harden.
Clay Davis wrote:COMPOSED ONLY OF THE COOLEST WOMEN AND THE HOTTEST GUYS, THE TORONTO RAPTORS REALGM BOARD HAS LONG BEEN KNOWN FOR ITS HIGH-QUALITY DISCUSSION, PASSIONATE LOYALTY, TEMPERATE CELEBRATIONS OF VICTORY, AND GRACE IN DEFEAT.
djsunyc
RealGM
And1: 67,159

Post#867 » by djsunyc » Thu Jan 26, 2023 3:55 am

Vox Populi
Junior
And1: 197

Post#868 » by Vox Populi » Thu Jan 26, 2023 4:08 am

DreamTeam09 wrote:None of them are better than Paulo imo. Orlando has done well building thru the draft although, you wouldn't have said that 24months ago

That is true. The difference between their teams from 2 years ago and today is like night and day. If the Magic can find a consistent SG (or if Suggs develops into one), this team could become proper contenders very soon. I watched the game against the Pacers. Mathurin for Suggs plus picks would put this group over the top.
tooler
General Manager
And1: 5,332

Post#869 » by tooler » Thu Jan 26, 2023 4:25 am

Vox Populi wrote:Mathurin for Suggs plus picks would put this group over the top.

That's not going to do it for Indiana. Besides, they need 3&D spot up shooters. Even the corpse of Gary Harris has been feasting lately with the starters.
TheLand13
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,533

Post#870 » by TheLand13 » Thu Jan 26, 2023 4:29 am

basketballRob wrote:
JonFromVA wrote:
Vampirate wrote:
I guess the question is what's the biggest hole in the player's game that stops them from reaching the next level?

As for the bolded, I decided to add to it. Mobley wasn't the only player you could say that about imo. Each one of those players do provide value to a team overall in areas the others lack.

If you disagree, than we'll need to deep dive into each player individually and into each players circumstance (ie quality of teammates). Then the next exercise would be to plug that player into another player's circumstance and see how well they do.

I won't disagree, I don't watch those other guys enough to see how their flaws affect their team. Given the Cavs are the only winning team of the bunch, the correlation is a lot clearer and the biggest hurdle to helping a team win for a young player is defense. Evan is so far ahead of the curve on that end - he doesn't have to provide much on the other end.
Franz needs to work on his defense isn't even factual. You can make an argument that Mobley is a better defender, but he looks ahead of everyone else on the list. His rebounding has been fine for a SG but not a SF. Both Mobley and Barnes are more of PFs, so of course they can rebound better. Franz can defend guards on the perimeter better than Barnes or Mobley.

Sent from my SM-G950U using RealGM mobile app

Franz can defend guards at the perimeter better than Mobley?

You’re trying really hard in this thread. It’s actually kind of painful to watch.
styLesdavis
Rookie
And1: 554

Post#871 » by styLesdavis » Thu Jan 26, 2023 5:25 am

If someone thinks that Franz Wagner needs to work on his defense, chances are you`ve never watched a magic game.
buzzkilloton
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,340

Post#872 » by buzzkilloton » Thu Jan 26, 2023 5:33 am

Giddeys past 60 day stats-

26 games-17ppg 8.5reb 5.8apg 2.7tov 37% 3pt 49.7% fg 89.7% FT

Very very exciting young core for the Thunder. Hope my Pistons can catch you guys with a top 2 pick this season.
The Laker Kid
General Manager
And1: 6,491

Post#873 » by The Laker Kid » Thu Jan 26, 2023 6:57 am

Why is this thread still going? :lol:
MaxwellSmart wrote:I hate to say this, but Go Lakers....
djw
Junior
And1: 598

Post#874 » by djw » Thu Jan 26, 2023 7:04 am

styLesdavis wrote:If someone thinks that Franz Wagner needs to work on his defense, chances are you`ve never watched a magic game.

In all fairness, he still does. But the misconception here about him being a below average defender is mind-boggling.

I have Franz currently on top of the draft class but hey, super excited about all the potential there. And eventually we don't measure greatness on "being the best of his draft" (Kenyon Martin holds this title for example) but by awards and accolades. And this class has some massive potential to collect those over the next few years.

And last but not least, @basketballRob: the way you defend Franz to the core in this thread, you officially deserve to change your RealGM handle to franz22wagner. ;)
Gusto1903
Sixth Man
And1: 2,340

Post#875 » by Gusto1903 » Thu Jan 26, 2023 7:23 am

Sengün obviously at 1
On the Alperen Sengün hypetrain since 2020
Kiss of Death
Senior
And1: 801

Post#876 » by Kiss of Death » Thu Jan 26, 2023 11:17 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20&t=iWX9ztkfcaV8om4BeLtZjQ
AaronB
Bench Warmer
And1: 622

Post#877 » by AaronB » Fri Jan 27, 2023 12:14 am

Gusto1903 wrote:Sengün obviously at 1

20 pages ago, there was a Rocket fan stating that Green was the second-best player in last years draft.

I told him then that Green was the second best player that the Rockets drafted in last year's draft.

That did not go over well, but it was not a cut.

I think Sengun has a really bright future.
Yallbecrazy
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,703

Post#878 » by Yallbecrazy » Fri Jan 27, 2023 2:10 am

AaronB wrote:
Gusto1903 wrote:Sengün obviously at 1

20 pages ago, there was a Rocket fan stating that Green was the second-best player in last years draft.

I told him then that Green was the second best player that the Rockets drafted in last year's draft.

That did not go over well, but it was not a cut.

I think Sengun has a really bright future.

Green is cleary not in the top 5, with a take like him being #2 I'm confused who he would have as #1? Kuminga?
Vox Populi
Junior
And1: 197

Post#879 » by Vox Populi » Fri Jan 27, 2023 2:24 am

Some of you are too harsh on Jalen Green. I watched the HOU-MIN game the other day. Green looked every bit the player that Edwards is. He just needs to put on some muscle and be coached up.

If the Raptors had Green at SG in their SL instead of GTJ or Barnes, they could be Top 6 in the East instead of 12th with his ability to put the ball in the basket.

JT3000
Bench Warmer
And1: 194

Post#880 » by JT3000 » Sat Jan 28, 2023 9:42 am

Kiss of Death wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20&t=iWX9ztkfcaV8om4BeLtZjQ

Sengun? Where is this game developer located, Houston? :lol:

Return to The General Board