Image ImageImage Image

Bears: 1st pick in 23 draft

Moderators: HomoSapien, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat

biggestbullsfan
RealGM
And1: 1,879

Re: Bears: 1st pick in 23 draft 

Post#661 » by biggestbullsfan » Tue Jan 24, 2023 9:39 pm

Read on Twitter

Could affect our options to trade down. Good or bad.
fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 32,206

Post#662 » by fleet » Tue Jan 24, 2023 9:44 pm

Chicago-Bull-E wrote:
moorhosj wrote:
fleet wrote:Have a feeling a 1 or 2 guys routinely mocked in the top 10 are going to gain on Anderson and Carter in consideration. It could be possible to trade out of the top 4 if that happens.

Absolutely. I heard rumors that Myles Murphy is going to run around a 4.5 at 6'5" and 275lbs. Just last year, Travon Walker rode the combine hype wave all the way to pick #1.

I also think some teams are already in love with and others may soon follow with Tyree Wilson. He could shoot up boards up to the top 3-5 IMO.

He superficially reminds me of Israel Idonije. I watch highlights and see the elite size and length. But not necessarily (top of the draft) elite power/twitch? Above average tools for sure. Instinct will be determinative. Supposed to have been used in coverage a lot though. Which speaks very well to versatility. He may be a great fit in a 4-3 front. They probably shouldn’t draft on fit however at that draft position.
Brad Biggs wrote:Fields was in the bottom third of the league in too many key statistical metrics for the Bears to commit to the idea of trading down from the first pick for a bundle of future assets and then building around him.
Bandit King
Analyst
And1: 1,144

Post#663 » by Bandit King » Wed Jan 25, 2023 2:39 am

Rodgers should retire then play for those crappy teams!
Chicago Bulls Basketball - The Continuity
MisterRoy
Veteran
And1: 993

Post#664 » by MisterRoy » Wed Jan 25, 2023 2:56 am

biggestbullsfan wrote:
Read on Twitter

Sounds like this may have already been debunked.

Sent from somewhere you've never been.
fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls

Post#665 » by fleet » Wed Jan 25, 2023 12:59 pm

MisterRoy wrote:
biggestbullsfan wrote:
Read on Twitter

Sounds like this may have already been debunked.

Sent from somewhere you've never been.

if the Colts give up 2 first rounders, it would more likely be for a young quarterback. I think they are done with veteran re-runs. If Rodgers was a few years younger, maybe. He now carries questions about how much juice he has left in the tank. The Colts can’t afford to guess after their track record
Brad Biggs wrote:Fields was in the bottom third of the league in too many key statistical metrics for the Bears to commit to the idea of trading down from the first pick for a bundle of future assets and then building around him.
molepharmer
Head Coach
And1: 1,122

Post#666 » by molepharmer » Wed Jan 25, 2023 1:52 pm

biggestbullsfan wrote:
Read on Twitter

Titans are a big "no". They don't have the cap space, have other more important needs, and the new GM isn't going to trade for an old QB on the downside of his career. Plus the diva AR and Vrabel wouldn't mesh. That tweet is nothing but clickbait.
TGibson (1/28/17); "..."a 4 or 5 on a scale of 1 to 10 for drama"...What's the worst? "...yelling matches with Thibs, everybody is just going crazy and I'm just sitting there...like, 'Don't call my name please..."
fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls

Post#667 » by fleet » Thu Jan 26, 2023 1:17 am

fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls

Post#668 » by fleet » Thu Jan 26, 2023 2:20 am

Pass

Montgomery might seek $12 million annually, which is what running backs Aaron Jones (Packers) and Joe Mixon (Bengals) receive from their teams. That figure is tied for the seventh-highest annual salary for a running back. It would be a reasonable request from Montgomery, though the Bears might be more inclined to want to pay something like the $7 million annually that Leonard Fournette (Buccaneers) and James Conner (Cardinals) make. Those two running backs pull in the ninth-highest salaries at their position.

https://www.audacy.com/670thescore/sports/chicago-bears/emma-could-david-montgomery-land-back-with-bears
Chicago-Bull-E
RealGM
And1: 7,203

Post#669 » by Chicago-Bull-E » Thu Jan 26, 2023 2:31 am

No way another team in the league giving him that, so the Bears would be bidding against themselves. RB market is stacked.

Or just draft Charbonnet/Bigsby/Chase in the 4th round.
KC: Do you still think you're a championship-caliber team?
Gar: I never said that and correct me if I'm wrong
dougthonus
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 15,624

Post#670 » by dougthonus » Thu Jan 26, 2023 3:03 am

fleet wrote:Pass

Montgomery might seek $12 million annually, which is what running backs Aaron Jones (Packers) and Joe Mixon (Bengals) receive from their teams. That figure is tied for the seventh-highest annual salary for a running back. It would be a reasonable request from Montgomery, though the Bears might be more inclined to want to pay something like the $7 million annually that Leonard Fournette (Buccaneers) and James Conner (Cardinals) make. Those two running backs pull in the ninth-highest salaries at their position.

https://www.audacy.com/670thescore/sports/chicago-bears/emma-could-david-montgomery-land-back-with-bears

You'd be better off paying just a bit more and getting Barkley which I would also hate. Monty is fine, but he's not a difference maker that you make him one of the top paid RBs in the league.
http://linktr.ee/bullsbeat - links to the bullsbeat podcast
@doug_thonus on twitter
molepharmer
Head Coach
And1: 1,122

Post#671 » by molepharmer » Thu Jan 26, 2023 1:34 pm

Franchise tag for RB is only about $10 mil, not that the Bears would use it for Monty. But it just seems a 3-14 team can find a better way to spend that money regardless of how much you may 'love his mentality and the way he plays the game'.
TGibson (1/28/17); "..."a 4 or 5 on a scale of 1 to 10 for drama"...What's the worst? "...yelling matches with Thibs, everybody is just going crazy and I'm just sitting there...like, 'Don't call my name please..."
JockItch43
Analyst
And1: 314

Post#672 » by JockItch43 » Thu Jan 26, 2023 2:03 pm

Bandit King wrote:Rodgers should retire then play for those crappy teams!

50 million reasons a year why he definitely won’t be retiring.
fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls

Re: Project Pat | The PaW | Patrick Williams Thread 

Post#673 » by fleet » Thu Jan 26, 2023 6:29 pm

Warren Sapp says the Bears are trading Justin. He’s hearing.
Chicago-Bull-E
RealGM
And1: 7,203

Post#674 » by Chicago-Bull-E » Thu Jan 26, 2023 6:37 pm

fleet wrote:Warren Sapp says the Bears are trading Justin. He’s hearing.

wtf
KC: Do you still think you're a championship-caliber team?
Gar: I never said that and correct me if I'm wrong
MalagaBulls
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,896
Location: Malaga, Spain (Where the Sun shines 300 days a year))

Post#675 » by MalagaBulls » Thu Jan 26, 2023 6:49 pm

There will be a podcast tomorrow.
IliketheBullsNBearstoo
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,059

Post#676 » by IliketheBullsNBearstoo » Thu Jan 26, 2023 8:11 pm

Where did you hear/ read this?
_txchilibowl_
Starter
And1: 2,161

Post#677 » by _txchilibowl_ » Thu Jan 26, 2023 8:20 pm

Will Levis... C'MON DOWN!
waffle
RealGM
And1: 1,661
Location: Don't question the finger and do respect the black box. That is all.....

Post#678 » by waffle » Thu Jan 26, 2023 8:54 pm

not trading Fields.
Too much for Monty
Hope the Bears are not idiots in FA market. SOO MUCH MONEY
fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls

Post#679 » by fleet » Thu Jan 26, 2023 9:04 pm

IliketheBullsNBearstoo wrote:

Where did you hear/ read this?

I didn’t hear the part about trading the pick as referenced. Jurko was talking about this and said he thinks Sapp is credible with league sources

Read on Twitter
/mediaViewer
madvillian
RealGM
And1: 8,681

Post#680 » by madvillian » Thu Jan 26, 2023 9:10 pm

_txchilibowl_ wrote:Will Levis... C'MON DOWN!

That would be a bold move. Trade Fields, trade 1 and draft Levis with the 5-8th pick or something. Certainly would jumpstart an overall roster rebuild to get an extra couple picks from trading down and then whatever you get from Fields.

I do think Chicago considers the timing of Fields' contract an issue relative to their time frame on the rebuild. It's not insurmountable but it's an issue. If some team like the Jets thinks Fields is the answer, you have to consider rebooting with one of the QBs this year.
dumbell78 wrote:Random comment....Mikal Bridges stroke is dripping right now in summer league. Carry on.

I'll go ahead and make a sig bet that Mikal is better by RPM this year than Zach.

Return to Chicago Bulls