Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,959

Re: OT: Video games/computers/gadgets/gizmos 

Post#1321 » by ReasonablySober » Thu Jan 26, 2023 2:28 am

WRau1 wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:Anyone here play Elder Scrolls Online? I'm watching the Microsoft Developer Direct and ESO looks like it might be something to check out.

I played early on but the game never clicked with me. I roll healer whenever possible and back then (not sure how it is now, although I hear the vet dungeons need them) healers were useless. Had to switch to dps for about 90% of group activity.

This might click for me. I like how familiar it feels, as opposed to FF Online, the only other game like this I've tried. It's also really nice to look at and doesn't have the jank or ugly character models that I'm used to from Skyrim.

At the very least I'm gonna play it while it's free through the 31st, at least when I'm looking for something different from Fire Emblem.
Sauce Boss
Assistant Coach
And1: 851

Post#1322 » by Sauce Boss » Thu Jan 26, 2023 3:00 am

I know there was talk about Forza and ESO, but Hi-Fi Rush seems like an awesome, stylish character action game. I love a good shadow drop, especially when it's affordable, too (part of Xbox's Game Pass or $30 if you want to own it on Steam).
Stephen Jackson wrote:"I got a video off the French Montana beat that I shot in the condo. The condo was laid, man. I had a gate with a key...Yeah, Milwaukee is a nice place but the team sucked."
tydett
General Manager
And1: 6,750

Post#1323 » by tydett » Thu Jan 26, 2023 3:28 pm

Persona 4 Golden and Persona 3 Portable both hit game pass about a week ago. For anyone looking to scratch the JRPG itch, P4G might be even better than Persona 5 - and P3P isn't bad either.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1324 » by ReasonablySober » Fri Jan 27, 2023 4:11 am

I'm still a bit confused about what I need to pay for with ESO, but the trial's been fun, classic Elder Scrolls. The maps are amazingly smaller in a post-Elden Ring world. It's Ubi Soft-ish with dots on the map and things to do. But as a time-filler it seems like a really good game and that's before you spend a dime.
machu46
General Manager
And1: 3,637

Post#1325 » by machu46 » Fri Jan 27, 2023 5:24 pm

Looks like they finally released the Freelancer update for Hitman. I will definitely be checking that out. I think I might still have a couple story missions left too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
trwi7 wrote:**** me deep, Giannis. ****. Me. Deep.
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,327

Post#1326 » by crkone » Fri Jan 27, 2023 7:34 pm

Well the Dead Space Remake is amazing.

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1327 » by ReasonablySober » Fri Jan 27, 2023 7:39 pm

I've never been able to get into a single horror game. Love horror movies, but horror games just aren't my thing. Dead Space does look good, though.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1328 » by ReasonablySober » Sat Jan 28, 2023 7:37 am

I'm into chapter 14 of FE:Engage and I'm almost ready to call this one bad. The characters are good, but the personalities are wrapped up in telling the main character how awesome they are. Outside of that I think they like to cook stuff.

I hate how you're essentially forced into certain parties. It's been an issue with past FEs, but it seems more pronounced. Mentioned before about the piecemeal additions of characters being a problem. In this game you're left with a ceiling on how much money and XP you can make between chapters. There are characters I'd have liked to grow along with me in the game but they're outclassed immediately. There's no reason to get invested in a healer early on because she's going to be replaced by chapter five. Or an archer you build up early on who gets replace in chapter seven, who is then replaced in chapter 13.

It's just bad game design.

I'm sprinting towards the end of the game and I have no attachment to anyone in the party that I was forced upon.
MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,652

Post#1329 » by MikeIsGood » Sat Jan 28, 2023 2:43 pm

I was curious how it would shake-out in the long run. Maybe for different reasons, but Three Houses was good early returns, too. Character growth is kind of a big tenet of these games (for me) so that's a weird design choice for sure.
MikeIsGood
RealGM

Post#1330 » by MikeIsGood » Sun Jan 29, 2023 11:05 pm

Ok I think I'm legitimately, finally done with PoE for this league. What a great run. My favorite league ever.

But I don't know what to play now. Was planning on Witcher 3 or heading back to Pathfinder WOTR, but the talk of ESO the past couple pages kind of has me wanting to revisit Skyrim :lol: For the same reasons Witcher 3 - while I acknowledged it was great, and the GOAT for storytelling - wasn't my favorite game in the past...I wanna make my own character and shape them my way. I can't make Geralt into an assassin-thief-archer, or a mage (though the new signs system certainly looks like it helps here).

I think I'm gonna install Skyrim, probably bounce off in ~10 hours because it's so old now, and be off to Witcher 3. We'll see.
Sauce Boss
Assistant Coach
And1: 851

Post#1331 » by Sauce Boss » Sun Jan 29, 2023 11:29 pm

I came here so I can complain out loud that Chapter 11 of Fire Emblem Engage is b.s.

I will say, this might be one of the better tactical Fire Emblems, but I am getting this “I’ve done all this before” vibe and I blame it on the story being exceptionally bland. Unless something happens to change that over the next 15 chapters, I’d recommend Three Houses over it.
Stephen Jackson wrote:"I got a video off the French Montana beat that I shot in the condo. The condo was laid, man. I had a gate with a key...Yeah, Milwaukee is a nice place but the team sucked."
jschligs
General Manager
And1: 5,886

Post#1332 » by jschligs » Mon Jan 30, 2023 3:05 am

MikeIsGood wrote:Ok I think I'm legitimately, finally done with PoE for this league. What a great run. My favorite league ever.

But I don't know what to play now. Was planning on Witcher 3 or heading back to Pathfinder WOTR, but the talk of ESO the past couple pages kind of has me wanting to revisit Skyrim :lol: For the same reasons Witcher 3 - while I acknowledged it was great, and the GOAT for storytelling - wasn't my favorite game in the past...I wanna make my own character and shape them my way. I can't make Geralt into an assassin-thief-archer, or a mage (though the new signs system certainly looks like it helps here).

I think I'm gonna install Skyrim, probably bounce off in ~10 hours because it's so old now, and be off to Witcher 3. We'll see.

Saw the trailer for Skyblivion, got insanely pumped for it as I put over 1,000 hours into Oblivion in early teens. Only to be destroyed seeing its not due until 2025.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1333 » by ReasonablySober » Mon Jan 30, 2023 4:22 pm

Read on Twitter

Can't stop laughing. Goddamn chain mechanic.
BroncoBuck
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,653

Post#1334 » by BroncoBuck » Mon Jan 30, 2023 9:56 pm

Replaying through Goldeneye on Xbox. I cannot believe how much of this I remember.
ReginaldDwight
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,766

Post#1335 » by ReginaldDwight » Mon Jan 30, 2023 10:12 pm

jschligs wrote:
MikeIsGood wrote:Ok I think I'm legitimately, finally done with PoE for this league. What a great run. My favorite league ever.

Saw the trailer for Skyblivion, got insanely pumped for it as I put over 1,000 hours into Oblivion in early teens. Only to be destroyed seeing its not due until 2025.

It looks terrible IMO, id rather just play the OG version.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1336 » by ReasonablySober » Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:52 am

Fired up Demon's Souls tonight after a year of playing Dark Souls Remastered, DS3, Bloodborne, and Elden Ring.

Holy ****. The next-gen stuff needs to get here.
MikeIsGood
RealGM

Post#1337 » by MikeIsGood » Wed Feb 1, 2023 4:45 pm

My computer speakers started smoking and they're out of warranty so I need new ones :) Looking at up to $300, but could be convinced to go higher if worthwhile. These speakers get heavy use and I'd love for them to be audiophile-quality. Looking for 2 desktop speakers without a sub. Any suggestions?
BMatt07
Starter
And1: 2,138

Post#1338 » by BMatt07 » Wed Feb 1, 2023 6:32 pm

Still going strong on PoE, I really enjoyed this league as well.

Still on the Mageblood grind. I'm at about 200 div right now, I just don't know if I have it in me to keep grinding currency lol.

Thinking about making a new build and going for a perfect hitless Sanctum run for the ring.
BMatt07
Starter
And1: 2,138

Post#1339 » by BMatt07 » Wed Feb 1, 2023 6:33 pm

BMatt07 wrote:

Still on the Mageblood grind. I'm at about 200 div right now, I just don't know if I have it in me to keep grinding currency lol.

Thinking about making a new build and going for a perfect hitless Sanctum run for the ring.

Really just looking for something to sink some time in to before Destiny Lightfall and Hogwarts Legacy comes out.
MikeIsGood
RealGM

Post#1340 » by MikeIsGood » Wed Feb 1, 2023 6:58 pm

BMatt07 wrote:
BMatt07 wrote:

Really just looking for something to sink some time in to before Destiny Lightfall and Hogwarts Legacy comes out.

200 div raw? That's some good grinding - above my pay grade :D I got into Nimi's range and considered it, but it would have cleaned me out and I was starting to burnout at that point, so I decided to put it into my build to do some more min/maxing instead. Nimi's looks fun, though. As does Original Sin, but I wasn't good enough at Sanctum to even consider it. The L-shaped T4 arena where you get blasted by the fire-breathing head going back and forth - I could never figure that one out.

I took down all pinnacles and got to 28 challenges. I will probably go back before end of league to get to 30, but that's a great league for me.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks