Scoot Henderson

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

Upperclass
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,765

Re: Scoot Henderson 

Post#441 » by Upperclass » Sun Mar 19, 2023 6:07 am

Big J wrote:What do you guys think of pre-motorcycle Jay Williams as a comp?

Said this a few pages back. He's like a carbon copy
mattao313
General Manager
And1: 4,409

Post#442 » by mattao313 » Sun Mar 19, 2023 7:01 am

I'll say it, again I'm one of the few that think college is overall more competitive than the g league. Guys in the g league are playing for themselves and defense is much weaker. In college they are playing hard its no real stakes in g league ball.

Sent from my SM-A528B using RealGM mobile app
Championships
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,185

Post#443 » by clyde21 » Sun Mar 19, 2023 7:37 am

mattao313 wrote:I'll say it, again I'm one of the few that think college is overall more competitive than the g league. Guys in the g league are playing for themselves and defense is much weaker. In college they are playing hard its no real stakes in g league ball.

no real stakes in the GL? you realize everyone in the GL is literally playing for their livelihood right?
mattao313
General Manager

Post#444 » by mattao313 » Sun Mar 19, 2023 7:43 am

clyde21 wrote:
mattao313 wrote:I'll say it, again I'm one of the few that think college is overall more competitive than the g league. Guys in the g league are playing for themselves and defense is much weaker. In college they are playing hard its no real stakes in g league ball.

no real stakes in the GL? you realize everyone in the GL is literally playing for their livelihood right?
Exactly they are trying to get a call up. They don't give a **** if they win or lose. You can say the g league has more talent but it's not as competitive.

The Allstar game has the most talent in the world but it's not competitive at all. That's an extreme comparison, but you should get 6 I'm coming from.

Championships
GSWFan1994
Head Coach
And1: 14,371

Post#445 » by GSWFan1994 » Sun Mar 19, 2023 9:41 am

Big J wrote:I listened to 5 different podcasts this week where they described Scoot as a small guard, yet were getting gaslit for doing it here.

Is "they" a single person doing 5 different podcasts, or 5 people, each one on their own podcasts?

Just asking out of respect to your preferred pronoun usage...
Big J
General Manager
And1: 7,419

Post#446 » by Big J » Sun Mar 19, 2023 1:05 pm

Goddammit, now we are going to have to hear about Tarleton St for the next 5 pages.
clyde21
RealGM

Post#447 » by clyde21 » Sun Mar 19, 2023 4:39 pm

mattao313 wrote:
clyde21 wrote:

Exactly they are trying to get a call up. They don't give a **** if they win or lose. You can say the g league has more talent but it's not as competitive.

The Allstar game has the most talent in the world but it's not competitive at all. That's an extreme comparison, but you should get 6 I'm coming from.

aint no way do kids who'll never sniff professional bball who are probably thinking about what frat party they are going to next have more at stake than actual professionals playing for their next contracts and livelihoods, but this is really just another **** take in a thread full of **** takes by a select few.
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 64,483

Post#448 » by Duke4life831 » Sun Mar 19, 2023 5:12 pm

I mean I agree that college is a far more structured game and has far superior coaches (assuming we are talking power conference teams).

But even with that, I don’t think that makes up for gap in average talent, size, athleticism that the G league has over college. And there are plenty of stakes in the g league.
Big J
General Manager

Post#449 » by Big J » Sun Mar 19, 2023 5:51 pm

No one plays defense in the g league.
mattao313
General Manager

Post#450 » by mattao313 » Sun Mar 19, 2023 6:13 pm

clyde21 wrote:
mattao313 wrote:
clyde21 wrote:

aint no way do kids who'll never sniff professional bball who are probably thinking about what frat party they are going to next have more at stake than actual professionals playing for their next contracts and livelihoods, but this is really just another **** take in a thread full of **** takes by a select few.
A league where a random nba player can be called down for a game and interrupt your whole line up is competitive? The guys in the g league are more worried about scoring 20 pts then actually playing team ball and winning games. That's a fact.

And just because we disagree doesn't make my take ****. Stop being disrespectful my guy. Thanks.

Championships
mattao313
General Manager

Post#451 » by mattao313 » Sun Mar 19, 2023 6:20 pm

Duke4life831 wrote:

I mean I agree that college is a far more structured game and has far superior coaches (assuming we are talking power conference teams).

But even with that, I don’t think that makes up for gap in average talent, size, athleticism that the G league has over college. And there are plenty of stakes in the g league.
What stakes does the g league have team wise? I mean sure guys are there playing for themselves trying to get a call up, but do you honestly think these guys care about winning over getting stats?

College is more watered-down talent wise sure but they play real competitive ball. If you think the gap between the two isn't that big I can live with that, but the idea that the g league is head and shoulders above and to use it to prop up a prospect I can't get with that at all.

Championships
ItsDanger
RealGM
And1: 21,891

Post#452 » by ItsDanger » Sun Mar 19, 2023 6:36 pm

Even Ignite coach admits winning isn't their priority.
Organization can be defined as an organized body of people with a particular purpose. Not random.
clyde21
RealGM

Post#453 » by clyde21 » Sun Mar 19, 2023 6:42 pm

mattao313 wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
mattao313 wrote:Exactly they are trying to get a call up. They don't give a **** if they win or lose. You can say the g league has more talent but it's not as competitive.

A league where a random nba player can be called down for a game and interrupt your whole line up is competitive? The guys in the g league are more worried about scoring 20 pts then actually playing team ball and winning games. That's a fact.

And just because we disagree doesn't make my take ****. Stop being disrespectful my guy. Thanks.

how's that different than college players being in and out of lineups? the only difference is that GL player is getting replaced by another professional on the team who's also fighting for his next contract and livelihood.

and sorry, it's a **** take. any notion that a college player 'has more at stake' than a professional who's literally fighting for his next contract in the NBA (or abroad) is just ridiculous.
Big J
General Manager

Post#454 » by Big J » Sun Mar 19, 2023 6:53 pm

All you have to do is look at the kids emotions. College guys care more and show way more emotion in the games. G League games the guys look like robots.
GSWFan1994
Head Coach
And1: 14,371

Post#455 » by GSWFan1994 » Sun Mar 19, 2023 7:00 pm

Big J wrote:All you have to do is look at the kids emotions. College guys care more and show way more emotion in the games. G League games the guys look like robots.

There you go again, taking what is subjective as a fact once more...
Big J
General Manager

Post#456 » by Big J » Sun Mar 19, 2023 7:04 pm

GSWFan1994 wrote:
Big J wrote:All you have to do is look at the kids emotions. College guys care more and show way more emotion in the games. G League games the guys look like robots.

Sorry, I guess I missed the G League game where the players bawled their eyes out after their team lost.
The-Power
General Manager
And1: 9,080

Post#457 » by The-Power » Mon Mar 20, 2023 2:25 am

Big J wrote:
GSWFan1994 wrote:

Sorry, I guess I missed the G League game where the players bawled their eyes out after their team lost.

You'll see the most crying after elementary school teams lose. I guess the players there are just much more competitive and players lose that spirit over time.
Big J
General Manager

Post#458 » by Big J » Mon Mar 20, 2023 2:46 am

The-Power wrote:
Big J wrote:
GSWFan1994 wrote:

You'll see the most crying after elementary school teams lose. I guess the players there are just much more competitive and players lose that spirit over time.

Elementary, seriously?
JMAC3
General Manager
And1: 4,147

Post#459 » by JMAC3 » Mon Mar 20, 2023 7:15 pm

80% of the guys in the Gleague know they are not playing in the NBA. They are trying to scouted by teams in the best leagues in Europe just as much as they are getting scouted by NBA teams. Individual stats are the main concern, not winning games.

It is far from the 2nd most desirable league to play in, outside of NBA guys that spend the occasional weekend on the Gleague squad the talent is well below the best teams in Europe.
Big Board
1. Vontae Mack no matter what!!
clyde21
RealGM

Post#460 » by clyde21 » Mon Mar 20, 2023 7:32 pm

Thread continues to be a goldmine of **** takes - gonna be a fun one to read in a couple of yrs

Return to NBA Draft