ImageImageImageImageImage

Official Scottie Barnes Thread - Part 5

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Mikistan
RealGM
And1: 38,387

Re: Official Scottie Barnes Thread - Part 5 

Post#821 » by Mikistan » Sat Mar 18, 2023 5:22 pm

Los_29 wrote:
YogurtProducer wrote:
Tha Cynic wrote:
Exactly what I mentioned earlier. No one else on the team can pull these moves off like he can. He's doing fadeaways turning both ways now and looking smooth, hitting all net.

Amazing how much he's able to improve in season with these moves and shots.

Needs more reps!

LOL bruh that literally looks like how Siakam scores a lot of his points :lol:

He's one of the least efficient starters in the league and yet you'd think he's the next KD from reading these last few pages.

"No one else on the team can pull these moves off like he can."

I'm a big fan of Scottie's potential but we have to be realistic with where he is at and what his strengths and weaknesses are.

Realisticly he is going down top 5 all time bro, relax
Tha Cynic
RealGM
And1: 24,381

Post#822 » by Tha Cynic » Sat Mar 18, 2023 6:00 pm

Mikistan wrote:
Los_29 wrote:
YogurtProducer wrote:LOL bruh that literally looks like how Siakam scores a lot of his points :lol:

He's one of the least efficient starters in the league and yet you'd think he's the next KD from reading these last few pages.

I'm a big fan of Scottie's potential but we have to be realistic with where he is at and what his strengths and weaknesses are.

Top 3, I would say.
Kobe Bryant:You asked for my hustle - I gave you my heart, because it came with so much more."~Kobe #MambaOut
Mikistan
RealGM

Post#823 » by Mikistan » Sat Mar 18, 2023 6:04 pm

Tha Cynic wrote:
Mikistan wrote:
Los_29 wrote:

Top 3, I would say.

And he's not second!
Tha Cynic
RealGM

Post#824 » by Tha Cynic » Sat Mar 18, 2023 6:05 pm

YogurtProducer wrote:
Tha Cynic wrote:
dTox wrote:
Read on Twitter
?t=CHmKbHUl1iqxRWxWWGUWIA&s=19

Exactly what I mentioned earlier. No one else on the team can pull these moves off like he can. He's doing fadeaways turning both ways now and looking smooth, hitting all net.

Needs more reps!

Siakam barely uses this because it's not a move that's easy for him to make. His patented move is the step back fadeaway after a chest bump. There's a big difference in separation and lift Barnes gets on this shot and it's much more effortless and smooth, especially considering these are his forest real attempts at them.

If you can't see it now, that's fine. Barnes is definitely looking less mechanical on these moves than OG and Siakam do. You'll see it when it's obvious and right in front of you like it usually takes some of you to see anything.

For now let's talk more about TS% :lol:
Kobe Bryant:You asked for my hustle - I gave you my heart, because it came with so much more."~Kobe #MambaOut
DreamTeam09
RealGM
And1: 8,561

Post#825 » by DreamTeam09 » Sat Mar 18, 2023 6:20 pm

Tha Cynic wrote:
YogurtProducer wrote:
Tha Cynic wrote:

Needs more reps!

Siakam barely uses this because it's not a move that's easy for him to make. His patented move is the step back fadeaway after a chest bump. There's a big difference in separation and lift Barnes gets on this shot and it's much more effortless and smooth, especially considering these are his forest real attempts at them.

If you can't see it now, that's fine. Barnes is definitely looking less mechanical on these moves than OG and Siakam do. You'll see it when it's obvious and right in front of you like it usually takes some of you to see anything.

It's literally the same exact move, same amount of lift, OG probably crates the most separation on his but he tends to leaves it short most of the times.

But neway, yes its amazing that Barnes is developing that because he's going to need it, it's a way for him to get easy buckets. I really like the pull up jumpers off of the screen, he needs that if he's going to handle the ball a lot. What will help him more with the fade jimmys compared to OG n Pascal is his size and a better feel compared to OG.

In Raptor Ball I Trust
Tha Cynic
RealGM

Post#826 » by Tha Cynic » Sat Mar 18, 2023 6:25 pm

DreamTeam09 wrote:
Tha Cynic wrote:
YogurtProducer wrote:LOL bruh that literally looks like how Siakam scores a lot of his points :lol:

It's literally the same exact move, same amount of lift, OG probably crates the most separation on his but he tends to leaves it short most of the times.

But neway, yes its amazing that Barnes is developing that because he's going to need it, it's a way for him to get easy buckets. I really like the pull up jumpers off of the screen, he needs that if he's going to handle the ball a lot. What will help him more with the fade jimmys compared to OG n Pascal is his size and a better feel compared to OG.

OG overshoots his fadeaway to the point where he loses his balance. That's why he barely ever makes that shot. Siakam barely ever used this move because it's not a move that comes easy for him. He's also very mechanical but obviously not as much as OG. How effortless it is will go a long way in determining how well a player masters it. Barnes is able to shoot the ball higher to the point where defenses can't block it.

Anyway, these are moves stars make. Barnes being able to now hit them is a great sign. I don't see how any of this is a negative.
YogurtProducer
RealGM
And1: 27,104

Post#827 » by YogurtProducer » Sat Mar 18, 2023 6:37 pm

Tha Cynic wrote:
DreamTeam09 wrote:
Tha Cynic wrote:

OG overshoots his fadeaway to the point where he loses his balance. That's why he barely ever makes that shot. Siakam barely ever used this move because it's not a move that comes easy for him. He's also very mechanical but obviously not as much as OG. How effortless it is will go a long way in determining how well a player masters it. Barnes is able to shoot the ball higher to the point where defenses can't block it.

Anyway, these are moves stars make. Barnes being able to now hit them is a great sign. I don't see how any of this is a negative.

Siakam 10-16 ft = 46.7% (career 43%)
Scottie 10-16 ft = 29.8% (career 35%)

Scottie just is not there yet man. Sure he has some highlights but over the course of the year he has not had a mid range shot and has been pretty abysmal at it.
What an absolute failure and disaster this franchise is, ran by one of the most incompetent front offices in the league.
- Raptors RealGM Forum re: Masai Ujiri - June 2023
Tha Cynic
RealGM

Post#828 » by Tha Cynic » Sat Mar 18, 2023 10:00 pm

YogurtProducer wrote:
Tha Cynic wrote:
DreamTeam09 wrote:

Siakam 10-16 ft = 46.7% (career 43%)
Scottie 10-16 ft = 29.8% (career 35%)

Scottie just is not there yet man. Sure he has some highlights but over the course of the year he has not had a mid range shot and has been pretty abysmal at it.

Lol I'm talking about a guy hitting a couple of shots as a good sign for the future and you're talking about same guy not being there yet.

No ****. :lol

You and Los keep saying the same things over and over again as if anyone is indicating this guy is a star today and all your comments are about winning today. I'm not sure if it's comprehension issues or intentionally ignoring people talking future projections to make it easier to troll. And you two are also the same two always bitching about people always being negative lol.

There we go again with current day shooting percentages. No one really cares about that right now man. We're not talking about a guy in his prime or even entering it and we're talking about a team that will have to rebuild or retool soon. We don't care about mistakes or missed shots or missed assignments as long as we see development towards a future. We understand young players make mistakes and typically aren't as good as players in the last stages of their prime. This conversation isn't about who has a higher rating in NBA 2k today lol
YogurtProducer
RealGM
And1: 27,104

Post#829 » by YogurtProducer » Sat Mar 18, 2023 10:18 pm

Tha Cynic wrote:Lol I'm talking about a guy hitting a couple of shots as a good sign for the future and you're talking about same guy not being there yet.

You and Los keep saying the same things over and over again as if anyone is indicating this guy is a star today. I'm not sure if it's comprehension issues or intentionally ignoring people talking future projections to make it easier to troll. And you two are also the same two always bitching about people always being negative lol.

There we go again with current day shooting percentages. No one really cares about that right now man. We're not talking about a guy in his prime or even entering it lol

Ah - see somehow I misinterpreted these as talking about the present and not future projection - I wonder how?

Tha Cynic wrote:Barnes has a switch that goes on and pulls out superstar moves no one else on this team can make. From what I've seen, he has a bigger bag of offensive tricks than anyone else on the team.

Tha Cynic wrote:Exactly what I mentioned earlier. No one else on the team can pull these moves off like he can. He's doing fadeaways turning both ways now and looking smooth, hitting all net.

Tha Cynic wrote:Anyway, these are moves stars make. Barnes being able to now hit them is a great sign. I don't see how any of this is a negative.

I am not trolling here man, I simply pointed out the ridiculousness to suggest Scottie hitting a few mid range shots means he has a bag that no one else on the team has, which others have pointed out is ridiculous if you have ever watched Siakam. - I am simply stating that posting a dudes highlight reel or his best game is not the way to evaluate a player. IDC if he hit a couple nice mid range shots, because the fact remains he is shooting 29% on those shots. He needs to work on that significantly if he wants to make a leap.

And you two are also the same two always bitching about people always being negative lol.

There is a significant difference between respectful, casual, conversation regarding a promising player on our team, and the trolling / name-calling / negativity plastered in every single thread (and you can see it with you with the "I'm not sure if it's comprehension issues" comment you made) that you see regarding other players on this team. I am in a Scottie Barnes thread discussing Scottie Barnes.

Disclaimer - I am a fan of Scottie Barnes. Do we need to start doing this whenever someone has a criticism of a player?
What an absolute failure and disaster this franchise is, ran by one of the most incompetent front offices in the league.
- Raptors RealGM Forum re: Masai Ujiri - June 2023
Mikistan
RealGM

Post#830 » by Mikistan » Sat Mar 18, 2023 10:28 pm

YogurtProducer wrote:
Tha Cynic wrote:Lol I'm talking about a guy hitting a couple of shots as a good sign for the future and you're talking about same guy not being there yet.

You and Los keep saying the same things over and over again as if anyone is indicating this guy is a star today. I'm not sure if it's comprehension issues or intentionally ignoring people talking future projections to make it easier to troll. And you two are also the same two always bitching about people always being negative lol.

There we go again with current day shooting percentages. No one really cares about that right now man. We're not talking about a guy in his prime or even entering it lol

Ah - see somehow I misinterpreted these as talking about the present and not future projection - I wonder how?

Tha Cynic wrote:Barnes has a switch that goes on and pulls out superstar moves no one else on this team can make. From what I've seen, he has a bigger bag of offensive tricks than anyone else on the team.

Tha Cynic wrote:Exactly what I mentioned earlier. No one else on the team can pull these moves off like he can. He's doing fadeaways turning both ways now and looking smooth, hitting all net.

Tha Cynic wrote:Anyway, these are moves stars make. Barnes being able to now hit them is a great sign. I don't see how any of this is a negative.

I am not trolling here man, I simply pointed out the ridiculousness to suggest Scottie hitting a few mid range shots means he has a bag that no one else on the team has, which others have pointed out is ridiculous if you have ever watched Siakam. - I am simply stating that posting a dudes highlight reel or his best game is not the way to evaluate a player. IDC if he hit a couple nice mid range shots, because the fact remains he is shooting 29% on those shots. He needs to work on that significantly if he wants to make a leap.

And you two are also the same two always bitching about people always being negative lol.

There is a significant difference between respectful, casual, conversation regarding a promising player on our team, and the trolling / name-calling / negativity plastered in every single thread (and you can see it with you with the "I'm not sure if it's comprehension issues" comment you made) that you see regarding other players on this team. I am in a Scottie Barnes thread discussing Scottie Barnes.

Disclaimer - I am a fan of Scottie Barnes. Do we need to start doing this whenever someone has a criticism of a player?

Yogurt there is a video on YouTube called Scottie Barnes best play from each game from rookie year. Go watch that and see the variety in moves. His bag is immense, he isn't demar DeRozan spin more, Siakam drop spin push push step back spam.
Reeko
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 32,888

Post#831 » by Reeko » Sat Mar 18, 2023 11:08 pm

YogurtProducer wrote:

Both things can be true, can't they? He's got a lot of work to do, but even still we've seen him take over games in the clutch in a way that no other player on this team can. Simply put, Scottie has a level of size, strength, physicality, coordination, touch, and fearlessness that no one else on this team possesses. Is his game raw at this point? Absolutely. Has that stopped him from at times being the best player on the court, even when across from MVP caliber players? Absolutely not.
Clay Davis wrote:COMPOSED ONLY OF THE COOLEST WOMEN AND THE HOTTEST GUYS, THE TORONTO RAPTORS REALGM BOARD HAS LONG BEEN KNOWN FOR ITS HIGH-QUALITY DISCUSSION, PASSIONATE LOYALTY, TEMPERATE CELEBRATIONS OF VICTORY, AND GRACE IN DEFEAT.
mdenny
Head Coach
And1: 6,542

Post#832 » by mdenny » Sun Mar 19, 2023 1:19 am

Reeko wrote:
YogurtProducer wrote:

Both things can be true, can't they? He's got a lot of work to do, but even still we've seen him take over games in the clutch in a way that no other player on this team can. Simply put, Scottie has a level of size, strength, physicality, coordination, touch, and fearlessness that no one else on this team possesses. Is his game raw at this point? Absolutely. Has that stopped him from at times being the best player on the court, even when across from MVP caliber players? Absolutely not.

Yes scotty can occasionally take over games. But to say he does it in such a way that Pascal is incapable of is just incredibly biased. Pascal is still by far our best "take the game over" guy and it's not close. I suggest you're just so accustomed to see him do it that it's under-appreciated. It makes sense to get more excited when scotty does it because of the associated potential and promise.
anotherhomer
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,992

Post#833 » by anotherhomer » Sun Mar 19, 2023 3:34 am

i know ppl get excited at what he flashes....but i'm all for trading Scottie for a 3-lvl shooting SG, who can play defense and pass a bit
Reeko
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors

Post#834 » by Reeko » Sun Mar 19, 2023 3:38 am

anotherhomer wrote:i know ppl get excited at what he flashes....but i'm all for trading Scottie for a 3-lvl shooting SG, who can play defense and pass a bit

Like who?
Clay Davis wrote:COMPOSED ONLY OF THE COOLEST WOMEN AND THE HOTTEST GUYS, THE TORONTO RAPTORS REALGM BOARD HAS LONG BEEN KNOWN FOR ITS HIGH-QUALITY DISCUSSION, PASSIONATE LOYALTY, TEMPERATE CELEBRATIONS OF VICTORY, AND GRACE IN DEFEAT.
tripa
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,352

Post#835 » by tripa » Sun Mar 19, 2023 5:53 am

mdenny wrote:
Reeko wrote:
YogurtProducer wrote:Ah - see somehow I misinterpreted these as talking about the present and not future projection - I wonder how?

Yes scotty can occasionally take over games. But to say he does it in such a way that Pascal is incapable of is just incredibly biased. Pascal is still by far our best "take the game over" guy and it's not close. I suggest you're just so accustomed to see him do it that it's under-appreciated. It makes sense to get more excited when scotty does it because of the associated potential and promise.

What Siakam does is definitely under-appreciated because we're so used to it now. And we have the new shiny player Scottie with all the potential in the world.

All of this will change if Siakam can carry us to a playoff series win (or two)
hype_2004
RealGM
And1: 4,658

Post#836 » by hype_2004 » Sun Mar 19, 2023 6:27 am

anotherhomer wrote:i know ppl get excited at what he flashes....but i'm all for trading Scottie for a 3-lvl shooting SG, who can play defense and pass a bit

Who in the F is that guy? Name me one SG with that skillset that is available, and that player has to be an established veteran superstar because this team don't need no damn prospect if we going to trade Scottie.
Appostis
Veteran
And1: 2,202

Post#837 » by Appostis » Sun Mar 19, 2023 8:12 am

Reeko wrote:

Like who?

SGA would be one of the few that fit that description.
hype_2004
RealGM
And1: 4,658

Post#838 » by hype_2004 » Sun Mar 19, 2023 8:16 am

Appostis wrote:
Reeko wrote:

Like who?

He's not available, if he was I'm pretty sure Masai would pull that trigger.
Appostis
Veteran
And1: 2,202

Post#839 » by Appostis » Sun Mar 19, 2023 8:45 am

hype_2004 wrote:
Appostis wrote:
Reeko wrote:Like who?

He's not available, if he was I'm pretty sure Masai would pull that trigger.

Not even saying he's available.

Just that he's one of the few shooting guards who would fit that description.
Reeko
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors

Post#840 » by Reeko » Sun Mar 19, 2023 11:26 am

Appostis wrote:
Reeko wrote:

Like who?

I know, and that's the only person people are usually talking about, a 25 year old, top 10-15 player. Would you trade him for Donovan Mitchell? Jaylen Brown? Devin Booker? I know you wouldn't trade him for Zach Lavine... right?

I just have a hard time with people who are so quick to say that they would give up on a 21 year old 6'8 forward who has the potential of quarterbacking your offense and defense.

Return to Toronto Raptors