Ant out indefinitely- Ankle

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

moss_is_1
RealGM
And1: 2,011

Ant out indefinitely- Ankle 

Post#1 » by moss_is_1 » Sat Mar 18, 2023 10:21 pm

Read on Twitter

Such a huge blow. Wolves just have the worst possible luck. We need so many guys to step up, and KAT to hit the ground running whenever he comes back. Such a disappointing season.
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,230

Re: Ant out indefinitely- Ankle 

Post#2 » by Calinks » Sat Mar 18, 2023 11:40 pm

Yea we are in massive toruble. We already got scoring issues with Ant. I think our best bet at success now is to grind out some tough wins with fantastic defensive efforts. we have no real go-to scorers anymore this will have to be a team effort every night. Those losses against winnable teams and the crazy high number (like 18) blown games after leading in the first half are going to haunt us tremendously. If we won 5 of those blown games we would be enjoying a really nice cushion. We blew it all season now its time to pay the price.
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
Guest84
Senior
And1: 319

Post#3 » by Guest84 » Sun Mar 19, 2023 1:22 am

I could see a minimum of a 9 game losing streak without Ant possibly more…
Note30
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,526

Post#4 » by Note30 » Sun Mar 19, 2023 3:25 am

Damn. This **** sucks. Ant was legit the only player I've liked this entire year besides maybe Slo-Mo.

He is the only one who can really do anything worth a damn on offense.

Damn shame. Hope he recovers soon.
frankenwolf wrote:I hope you eat every one of these words next year when the Timberwolves are world champions

[*]-Mar 2023 in reference to the Gobert trade.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
PharmD
Head Coach
And1: 5,536

Post#5 » by PharmD » Sun Mar 19, 2023 4:19 am

Note30 wrote:Damn. This **** sucks. Ant was legit the only player I've liked this entire year besides maybe Slo-Mo.

I like Conley. Conley is someone i don't dislike. And NAW.

I'm with ya tho. This franchise seems to go out of its way to get rid of my favorite players.
younggunsmn
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,359

Post#6 » by younggunsmn » Sun Mar 19, 2023 4:23 am

We are absolutely fn done. I could see us losing the rest of our games.
We were in trouble WITH Ant healthy losing 5 in a row at home.
Only thing left now is to wait for Utah to hit the lottery with our pick.

We are the worst franchise in professional sports and we deserve it making a historically awful trade and getting rid of all our quality depth. The west is the definition of mediocre this year and we are absolute doggy doo we should be a minimum of 10 over .500 even without KAT we got 70 games from Ant. Get ANT healthy he is the franchise.

Get rid of Connelly and anyone who was a yes on the Gobert trade I dont care if he is owed 30 million, I don't want anyone who was this horribly wrong about such a big decision involved in any decisions moving forward including evaluating if Finch is the right coach for this team after dropping so many winnable games this year in such spectacular fashion.
Note30
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,526

Post#7 » by Note30 » Sun Mar 19, 2023 5:11 am

PharmD wrote:
Note30 wrote:Damn. This **** sucks. Ant was legit the only player I've liked this entire year besides maybe Slo-Mo.

I'm with ya tho. This franchise seems to go out of its way to get rid of my favorite players.

Sure they are fine, I mean I don't dislike Jaden either. Hell I don't think I dislike any particular player, but Ant is the only one I can root for.

See you still got good ol Ricky as your avatar.
frankenwolf wrote:I hope you eat every one of these words next year when the Timberwolves are world champions

[*]-Mar 2023 in reference to the Gobert trade.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
TwolvesFanRome
Bench Warmer
And1: 558

Post#8 » by TwolvesFanRome » Sun Mar 19, 2023 8:32 am

The last stone over a nightmare season..
"...I want to compliment him, we all expected that he would take up the game, we have prepared the plan race on him, we have doubled. And, as usual, he did what he wanted..."

Zelimir Obradovic, talking about Dejan Bodiroga
PharmD
Head Coach
And1: 5,536

Post#9 » by PharmD » Sun Mar 19, 2023 8:38 am

Note30 wrote:
PharmD wrote:

Sure they are fine, I mean I don't dislike Jaden either. Hell I don't think I dislike any particular player, but Ant is the only one I can root for.

See you still got good ol Ricky as your avatar.

Yeah, Ricky. Zach. Corey Brewer. KG. Vando.

I like guys that try hard and show a bit of their heart.
minimus
RealGM
And1: 3,703

Post#10 » by minimus » Sun Mar 19, 2023 9:55 am

Dear Lord, even Towns whines less after wrong referee calls than some fans.
m2002brian
Veteran
And1: 1,104

Post#11 » by m2002brian » Sun Mar 19, 2023 12:35 pm

This “organization” is ****.

Any other player does this and it’s “scheduled to have an MRI the next day”. We get vague details with even more vague return times. Keeping with Ant’s sentiments, we as fans deserve better.
BLUEGREENRED
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,416

Post#12 » by shrink » Sun Mar 19, 2023 2:37 pm

I am not surprised the Timberwolves have kept it vague.

It’s not just that they are on the road for a back-to-back, and Ant went to Toronto instead of heading back to Minnesota. I think he has a lot of pull with the coaching staff and the organization, and we know he takes pride in being out on the floor. Twice before we’ve seen him back on the court when it would be an obvious call for most coaches to keep him safely on the bench.

Players have some control over hat health information gets out to the public, and I think Ant doesn’t want info out there saying he will definitely miss games. He will likely try to come back early from whatever issue he has, and I don’t think the organization will be able to stop him.
Colbinii
RealGM
And1: 19,760

Post#13 » by Colbinii » Sun Mar 19, 2023 3:33 pm

m2002brian wrote:This “organization” is ****.

Any other player does this and it’s “scheduled to have an MRI the next day”. We get vague details with even more vague return times. Keeping with Ant’s sentiments, we as fans deserve better.

So keeping things hush hush is bad? :lol:
tsherkin wrote:Locked due to absence of adult conversation.

penbeast0 wrote:Guys, if you don't have anything to say, don't post.

Circa 2018
E-Balla wrote:LeBron is Jeff George.

Circa 2022
G35 wrote:Lebron is not that far off from WB in trade value.
Mattya
RealGM
And1: 6,314

Post#14 » by Mattya » Sun Mar 19, 2023 3:43 pm

As a fan, vague and hush hush is bad. It’s been this way for years. Yes as a fan you would like to know how long players are going to be out due to injuries. Every single one on the medical staff should have been fired long ago, but we keep these same people around for multiple failures.
BlacJacMac
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,159

Post#15 » by BlacJacMac » Sun Mar 19, 2023 4:31 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=12&t=_cCP37CYFTqq4l8z6lyQqA
moss_is_1
RealGM
And1: 2,011

Post#16 » by moss_is_1 » Sun Mar 19, 2023 4:46 pm

BlacJacMac wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=12&t=_cCP37CYFTqq4l8z6lyQqA

Great news, hopefully he can be effective if he tries gutting it out.
shrink
RealGM

Post#17 » by shrink » Sun Mar 19, 2023 5:57 pm

Hooray! One tweet the next day, and jobs are saved from impatient fans! :wink:
Mattya
RealGM
And1: 6,314

Post#18 » by Mattya » Sun Mar 19, 2023 6:30 pm

shrink wrote:Hooray! One tweet the next day, and jobs are saved from impatient fans! :wink:

No they should still be fired. Considering some of the people have been around since before Kevin Love was drafted is absurd considering the amount of injury blunders and communications they have had.
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,230

Post#19 » by Calinks » Sun Mar 19, 2023 6:58 pm

shrink wrote:I am not surprised the Timberwolves have kept it vague.

It’s not just that they are on the road for a back-to-back, and Ant went to Toronto instead of heading back to Minnesota. I think he has a lot of pull with the coaching staff and the organization, and we know he takes pride in being out on the floor. Twice before we’ve seen him back on the court when it would be an obvious call for most coaches to keep him safely on the bench.

Players have some control over hat health information gets out to the public, and I think Ant doesn’t want info out there saying he will definitely miss games. He will likely try to come back early from whatever issue he has, and I don’t think the organization will be able to stop him.

I really want to know how much say players have with this. My brother was ripping Towns to shreds for being coy about his injury, saying it was terrible behavior, etc. I told my brother I think the misinformation is more the teams purview than Towns. Sure KAT could just come out and say whatever but I assumed the team told him to be hush about it. I wonder who is right? If it is Towns (which is not what I believe) then that is kind of messed up keep everyone in the dark, including people in the organization.

Either way, I don't like how we handle injuries because it makes the team or players look bad, like they are toying with the fans. Just be up front and let us know what is going on with injuries. At this point I don't put as much stock as I should into the updates/reports the team puts out.
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
shrink
RealGM

Post#20 » by shrink » Sun Mar 19, 2023 7:33 pm

Calinks wrote:
shrink wrote:I am not surprised the Timberwolves have kept it vague.

I really want to know how much say players have with this. My brother was ripping Towns to shreds for being coy about his injury, saying it was terrible behavior, etc. I told my brother I think the misinformation is more the teams purview than Towns. Sure KAT could just come out and say whatever but I assumed the team told him to be hush about it. I wonder who is right? If it is Towns (which is not what I believe) then that is kind of messed up keep everyone in the dark, including people in the organization.

Either way, I don't like how we handle injuries because it makes the team or players look bad, like they are toying with the fans. Just be up front and let us know what is going on with injuries. At this point I don't put as much stock as I should into the updates/reports the team puts out.

I hope someone weighs in that knows more on the responsibility for NBA teams to report player injuries, especially since they court gambling, versus the individual’s right to privacy over his health information. I will say that, in general, employers have some responsibility to respect an employers privacy. If I ran a cafe, and a server called me to say she couldn’t work because of an illness or injury, I couldn’t tell her regulars why she wasn’t there, and I certainly couldn’t tell a reporter. Sometimes as fans, we don’t see players as people or employees, but they often have the same protections as we do in our less glamorous jobs.

That said, if someone knows more what this boundary is for NBA teams, I hope they post.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves