All Elite Wrestling Discussion II

Moderators: Marcus, Stanford

daoneandonly
RealGM
And1: 3,031

Re: All Elite Wrestling Discussion II 

Post#141 » by daoneandonly » Tue May 23, 2023 12:58 pm

gambitx777 wrote:Rush clearly went into business for himself. Putting not one the booking in to question but jungle boys health. If rush isn't fired it's a crime. I don't even like jungle boy. But by God. He didn't deserved to get barried but basically a high level job guy like rush. Before anyone starts calling rush a start, maybe in cmll but in aew he's never on TV and never picks up wins.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using RealGM mobile app

How do you know he went into business for himself? I remmeber you mentioend the same about Hangman Page and Punk, where the former is universally liked amonst his peers and the other is not, so not sure where all thsi going into business is coming from
gambitx777
General Manager
And1: 1,730

Post#142 » by gambitx777 » Tue May 23, 2023 1:58 pm

daoneandonly wrote:
gambitx777 wrote:Rush clearly went into business for himself. Putting not one the booking in to question but jungle boys health. If rush isn't fired it's a crime. I don't even like jungle boy. But by God. He didn't deserved to get barried but basically a high level job guy like rush. Before anyone starts calling rush a start, maybe in cmll but in aew he's never on TV and never picks up wins.

How do you know he went into business for himself? I remmeber you mentioend the same about Hangman Page and Punk, where the former is universally liked amonst his peers and the other is not, so not sure where all thsi going into business is coming from
The page thing is documented and did in fact happen when he admittedly went off script on punk.

This is just a feeling. Why on earth do you book that match that way? Why would rush no sell almost everything of your baby face challenger for the belt? Why would rush beat the actual **** out of him? Why would rush bust this kid open the hard way unplanned? It makes no sense, unless rush just went into business for himself and jungle boy was just too inexperienced to handle it. Unless it's just bad booking. But , god that match was just hard to watch. A lot of the was almost certainly not the plan.

gambitx777
General Manager

Post#143 » by gambitx777 » Wed May 24, 2023 11:19 am

This about Sums it up.
https://youtu.be/4lNaPJrF9QI

Lord Eder
General Manager
And1: 16,625

Post#144 » by Lord Eder » Thu May 25, 2023 4:39 pm

Yeah I didn’t get the JB-Rush match myself. It’s a match I could’ve seen 6 months ago, not a match I’d expect a title challenger to go through 2 weeks before the PPV.

I thought 1 of 2 things:

1 - I thought it would’ve been used to light a fire under Perry’s ass, seeing as he got handled and had to use trunks to pin a mid carder like Rush. I thought Max would rip Perry for it and it would give us a more ruthless, aggressive Jack Perry. But after Dynamite last night, there’s really no evidence of that. So he got beat to **** for no reason unless…

2 - They wanted Rush to look strong for a push for one of the singles titles? For some reason? Because, why? Why Rush? Lol even in his display of beating the **** out of JB he didn’t even really show anything other than aggression. It was all strikes and no selling, nothing that screams to me up and coming star next in line for a push.

So I dunno, without Jack Perry cracking and going mental after that I dunno what the **** that was all about.

I’ll say this, I’m glad the 4 pillars 4 way is this weekend, I know the match itself will deliver but this feud/buildup has been really hit or miss, hot and cold for me. I said it when it started that I hoped it was a short build, but it wasn’t and it’s suffered because of that IMO. Good experience for the guys but also exposing as well. Max is just too far ahead of these guys. I’m ready for the title picture to move on from this.
"Jerome Moiso with 2 rebounds and a steal.... Put him in the hall of fame!"
- Chuck Swirsky
gambitx777
General Manager

Post#145 » by gambitx777 » Fri May 26, 2023 4:24 am

When you realize that max wrestles less than Roman. By a large margin. It kind of take it out of ya. Like it's really rough to have an absent champ. But WWE has Seth and the ic tittle with Gunther and have had other things like sammi and the tag tittle and really big time ladies holding belts during big stories. AEW doesn't have that. Their booking is so hot and cold it's just meh.

Pharaoh
RealGM
And1: 4,565

Post#146 » by Pharaoh » Fri May 26, 2023 5:35 am

But your world champion shouldn't defend the title every week. Watching him wrestle should be a big deal - he's the world champion after all.

Cutting promos, attacking dudes? Ok maybe but not defending the title against any and all people.

Agree on this 4 pillars thing - should have been Darby v MJF if this is how they wanted to go with the other 2 dudes being "seconds" for their "buddy".

But we didn't need a 4 way title match - 2 dudes in the match aren't on that level and it's a push if Darby is worthy but I'm sure someone could make the argument

Sent from my SM-G781B using RealGM Forums mobile app
gambitx777
General Manager

Post#147 » by gambitx777 » Fri May 26, 2023 12:03 pm

Pharaoh wrote:But your world champion shouldn't defend the title every week. Watching him wrestle should be a big deal - he's the world champion after all.

Cutting promos, attacking dudes? Ok maybe but not defending the title against any and all people.

Agree on this 4 pillars thing - should have been Darby v MJF if this is how they wanted to go with the other 2 dudes being "seconds" for their "buddy".

But we didn't need a 4 way title match - 2 dudes in the match aren't on that level and it's a push if Darby is worthy but I'm sure someone could make the argument

Defense of the tittle every week I can agree with but I wanna see the champ wrestle more than Roman or MJF.

Lord Eder
General Manager
And1: 16,625

Post#148 » by Lord Eder » Thu Jun 1, 2023 12:40 am

Oh man, that reaction for Punk lmao

I am so ready for heel CM Punk
"Jerome Moiso with 2 rebounds and a steal.... Put him in the hall of fame!"
- Chuck Swirsky
gambitx777
General Manager

Post#149 » by gambitx777 » Thu Jun 1, 2023 3:21 am

Lord Eder wrote:Oh man, that reaction for Punk lmao

And that's a shame he's your best baby face and even a heal punk is gonna fall flat. He can't be I hate the company in better than you guys that's MJF. He has to be baby face. The EVPs really **** him with all the drama.

Dr Positivity
RealGM
And1: 15,522

Post#150 » by Dr Positivity » Sun Jun 18, 2023 7:04 am

Buddy vs Andrade was the anti version of Bucks/Lucha Bros type match, whether you like that or not. Two guys selling injuries the whole match and making it seem like a fight instead of acrobatics, no endless kick outs, and it had a midcarder taking a clean loss to another. Andrade adopting the Figure Eight was kind of cool.
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,808

Post#151 » by Stanford » Mon Jun 19, 2023 8:47 pm

gambitx777 wrote:

And that's a shame he's your best baby face and even a heal punk is gonna fall flat. He can't be I hate the company in better than you guys that's MJF. He has to be baby face. The EVPs really **** him with all the drama.

You think? I think Punk comes across as an unlikable guy. It's usually easy for root against those people.
Pharaoh
RealGM
And1: 4,565

Post#152 » by Pharaoh » Tue Jun 20, 2023 3:37 am

Stanford wrote:
gambitx777 wrote:

You think? I think Punk comes across as an unlikable guy. It's usually easy for root against those people.
He's easily dislikable

As he should be. That's the thing with a baby face - there should be something that you can dial up if you want to turn them.

Being a heel is easy - anyone can be the bad guy.

Getting people to buy you as the "good" guy is the hard part

daoneandonly
RealGM

Post#153 » by daoneandonly » Tue Jun 20, 2023 4:02 pm

Pharaoh wrote:
Stanford wrote:
gambitx777 wrote:And that's a shame he's your best baby face and even a heal punk is gonna fall flat. He can't be I hate the company in better than you guys that's MJF. He has to be baby face. The EVPs really **** him with all the drama.

He's easily dislikable

As he should be. That's the thing with a baby face - there should be something that you can dial up if you want to turn them.

Agreed, to me, he's the most unlikable guy in all of wrestling. Not the best heel character, I mean just an unlikable guy
gambitx777
General Manager

Post#154 » by gambitx777 » Wed Jun 21, 2023 12:25 am

daoneandonly wrote:
Pharaoh wrote:
Stanford wrote:
He's easily dislikable

Agreed, to me, he's the most unlikable guy in all of wrestling. Not the best heel character, I mean just an unlikable guy
That's just propaganda. Punk is likeable and has been for years. I enjoy him and just about everything he does. He should have just left AEW and went back home

daoneandonly
RealGM

Post#155 » by daoneandonly » Wed Jun 21, 2023 12:42 am

gambitx777 wrote:
daoneandonly wrote:
Pharaoh wrote:He's easily dislikable

That's just propaganda. Punk is likeable and has been for years. I enjoy him and just about everything he does. He should have just left AEW and went back home

His issues with guys in WWE goes without saying. Now in AEW, let's see, Page, Omega, Matt Jackson, Nick Jackson, Jon Moxley, and Chris Jericho

It's not propaganda, it's a pattern
gambitx777
General Manager

Post#156 » by gambitx777 » Wed Jun 21, 2023 4:45 pm

daoneandonly wrote:
gambitx777 wrote:
daoneandonly wrote:

His issues with guys in WWE goes without saying. Now in AEW, let's see, Page, Omega, Matt Jackson, Nick Jackson, Jon Moxley, and Chris Jericho

By all legit accounts punk has absolutely been the victim in aew. And the EVPs are the issue there.

daoneandonly
RealGM

Post#157 » by daoneandonly » Wed Jun 21, 2023 4:48 pm

gambitx777 wrote:
daoneandonly wrote:
gambitx777 wrote:That's just propaganda. Punk is likeable and has been for years. I enjoy him and just about everything he does. He should have just left AEW and went back home

By all legit accounts punk has absolutely been the victim in aew. And the EVPs are the issue there.

But who's account? By WWE homers and punk loyalists? If its just the evp, then why does he have issues with Mox and one of the most well respected vets in all of wrestling Chris Jericho?
heatwillbeback
RealGM
And1: 13,105

Post#158 » by heatwillbeback » Mon Jun 26, 2023 2:59 am

Ospreay and Omega just put on a fn match.

Daniels/Okada has a chance to beat it with the pedigree those 2 have, but good luck.

Wish Ospreay spent more time in the US though for sure. Guy is incredible.
Dominator83
RealGM
And1: 29,536

Post#159 » by Dominator83 » Mon Jun 26, 2023 3:30 am

Pharaoh wrote:
Stanford wrote:
gambitx777 wrote:And that's a shame he's your best baby face and even a heal punk is gonna fall flat. He can't be I hate the company in better than you guys that's MJF. He has to be baby face. The EVPs really **** him with all the drama.

He's easily dislikable

Imagine if I tried to do a face turn around here, lol. I have no choice but to keep getting booed off the forums
Fantasy Hoops/Football/Baseball fans..

For info on a forum that actually talks Fantasy sports and not spammed with soliciting leagues, PM me. The more the merrier !
Dominator83
RealGM
And1: 29,536

Post#160 » by Dominator83 » Mon Jun 26, 2023 3:34 am

gambitx777 wrote:
daoneandonly wrote:
Pharaoh wrote:He's easily dislikable

Well technically his original home is also now owned by Tony Kahn.... ROH

But I doubt he ever ends back in WWE. Atleast not as long as Vince is alive. He's a bitter old prick. Punk was visiting backstage and Vince asked him to leave. Of course that could partially be due to punk being a very highly paid employee of TK and may not want to open up a can of worms. But back in the day WWF and WCW guys always were backstage at each other's shows
Fantasy Hoops/Football/Baseball fans..

For info on a forum that actually talks Fantasy sports and not spammed with soliciting leagues, PM me. The more the merrier !

Return to Pro Wrestling