Thunder Muscle
RealGM
And1: 1,059

Re: American Family Field / MLB Stadium Discussion 

Post#21 » by Thunder Muscle » Thu May 25, 2023 2:55 am

MVP2110 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=19

Interesting. Can't imagine AFF is bottom 5 in the league yet, so hard to think could force them out for awful stadium situation. With that said, upgrades are clearly needed. I'm curious to see what major renovations they would do from a fan experience side of things. Obviously Alot of it will go to roof maintenance, HVAC ****, and probably clubhouse/player facilities. I don't want to dive into politics, but hopefully can figure out a way to do the upgrades.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,373

Post#22 » by trwi7 » Thu May 25, 2023 3:24 am

Manfred and O'Donnell can both choke on each other's dicks.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,231

Post#23 » by MickeyDavis » Thu May 25, 2023 3:24 am

From a fan experience I don't know what else they can do. It's perfectly fine. Watching a game now is the same as it was when it opened except the scoreboard and audio system have been upgraded. I'm sure maintenance needs to be done but they don't need to spend money on bells and whistles.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
gbmb34
Pro Prospect
And1: 76

Post#24 » by gbmb34 » Thu May 25, 2023 11:56 am

Love Kansas City. Stadium is solid and city is very similar to Milwaukee in that there is a lot of stuff to do for a mid-size city.
packerbreakdown.wordpress.com
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#25 » by MickeyDavis » Thu May 25, 2023 1:55 pm

Some details from the JS

Here are some broad areas which make up that $448 million tab − which is the legal obligation of the Southeast Professional Baseball Park District, the state-created agency that owns the ballpark and leases it to the Brewers.

Architecture/interiors is the costliest category: $105.7 million

The most costly category of expenses is broadly classified in the reports as architecture and interiors.

That category features a wide variety of items such as replacing the stadium's glass panels beyond the outfield, seat replacements, suite upgrades, retail space improvements and concourse replacements.

That recommended work has a focus on creating new spaces for groups to congregate with additional kitchens to support those spaces.

That includes areas geared toward young adult fans to "provide a unique space for socializing while the game becomes background entertainment, rather than their primary reason for being at the Ballpark," according to a report prepared for the Brewers by Venue Solutions Group, a consulting firm based in Brentwood, Tennessee.

"The most pressing issues for the Ballpark concern its relevance in the face of changing fan demographics and how fans consume the game action, the need for new and updated social spaces, and maintaining the Ballpark as a top-tier Major League ballpark as required by the Lease," it said.

The category's cost estimate is $105.7 million, the VSG report said.

The state's consultant, Denver-based CAA Icon, estimated this cost category in a range as high as $168.7 million − a nearly 63% increase from the VSG cost estimate.

Total cost estimates vary from $428 million to $604 million

The VSG report noted the Brewers lease requires the stadium district to pay for improvements present in at least 75% of all other Major League Baseball stadiums.

The lease also says the district must replace or repair infrastructure items consistent with the replacement items of the top 25% of all MLB parks.

Those standards make it challenging to plan long-term improvements, the report said.

The CAA Icon report said VSG's approach to estimating long-term costs was "not uncommon" but also "particularly subjective in the area of Architectural and Interiors."

Another factor is the timing of the renovations. If they occur earlier in that 20-year term, they will be less expensive than if they are deferred − with the two reports making different assumptions on that issue.

CAA Icon's review said the entire renovation tab could total $540 million to $604 million. The Evers administration and the Brewers agreed to the $428 million estimate from VSG, with another $20 million to cover inflation's effects on those costs.

"We're willing to live with the lower number," said Rick Schlesinger, Brewers president of business operations.

That $448 million would be covered by the proposed $290 million payment; interest earned on that payment, which would be deposited in an escrow account operated by the stadium district, and $70 million from the stadium district's current reserve fund.

Retractable roof is a major cost driver at $37.1 million

The retractable roof was viewed as a game changer for the Brewers when the stadium, then known as Miller Park, opened in 2001.

The team's owners, then led by future Major League Baseball Commissioner Bud Selig, said having a retractable roof would ensure the Brewers would no longer have rain-outs. That would bring more ticket sales, he said, including for those fans driving longer distances to Milwaukee for overnight stays.

The ball club, which Selig sold in 2005 to a group led by Mark Attanasio, on average has been drawing roughly 1 million more fans per year compared with the team's previous home, County Stadium.

The costs for future repairs and maintenance to the roof is estimated at $37.1 million. That's according to both VSG and CAA Icon.

Technology is another big cost category--totaling $99.8 million

Another big cost category is labeled as technology − totaling $99.8 million, according to VSG.

That area features such items as the ballpark's sound system, video production and display, security cameras, broadcast equipment and an upgrade of the scoreboard LED graphics.

Structure category at $62.5 million includes parking lots, walkways

The structure category includes resurfacing American Family Field's parking lots and replacing the walkways and pedestrian plaza. Structural concrete and steel repairs ranging from low to high priority also are needed.

That category's work will eventually total $62.5 million.

Other categories include elevators, concessions totaling $123.3 million

Other broad expense categories include "vertical transportation," i.e., elevators and escalators, at $16 million; concessions infrastructure, $17 million, and mechanical, electrical, plumbing and fire protection systems, $55.8 million.

Finally, items categorized as miscellaneous add up to $34.5 million.
Thunder Muscle
RealGM

Post#26 » by Thunder Muscle » Thu May 25, 2023 2:39 pm

gbmb34 wrote:Love Kansas City. Stadium is solid and city is very similar to Milwaukee in that there is a lot of stuff to do for a mid-size city.

Sweet. Looking forward to going as Kaufmann Stadium always looks like a nice place to watch a game. Definitely will check out some BBQ places and looks like have good brewery options. Downtown, Union Station, Money Museum etc look like decent options to check out. May try to check out Field of Dreams on the drive there or back since go through northeast Iowa.
Thunder Muscle
RealGM

Post#27 » by Thunder Muscle » Thu May 25, 2023 2:44 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:From a fan experience I don't know what else they can do. It's perfectly fine. Watching a game now is the same as it was when it opened except the scoreboard and audio system have been upgraded. I'm sure maintenance needs to be done but they don't need to spend money on bells and whistles.

I agree. I wish somehow they could maybe open up the outfield views vs all the cluttered ads and make the glass panels see through. Although its not like the view is a skyline or anything special. But maybe would make it feel more open air. The roof makes it tough though and would not give that up.

Otherwise I agree that its a good park to watch games and amenities are solid. As mentioned, love the brewery within the park option and the RF craft beers cocktail area is cool. Be interested to hear more details on the interior and concourse updates mentioned in the article.
Brewster
Sophomore
And1: 21

Post#28 » by Brewster » Fri May 26, 2023 6:43 am

Kind of feels like MLB wants to to move the Brewers to a bigger city and bigger market.
gbmb34
Pro Prospect
And1: 76

Post#29 » by gbmb34 » Tue May 30, 2023 11:22 am

Thunder Muscle wrote:
gbmb34 wrote:Love Kansas City. Stadium is solid and city is very similar to Milwaukee in that there is a lot of stuff to do for a mid-size city.

Sweet. Looking forward to going as Kaufmann Stadium always looks like a nice place to watch a game. Definitely will check out some BBQ places and looks like have good brewery options. Downtown, Union Station, Money Museum etc look like decent options to check out. May try to check out Field of Dreams on the drive there or back since go through northeast Iowa.

Yep plus they just re-did the airport. Another must-see is the Negro Leagues museum and the college basketball Hall of Fame was pretty cool as well.
packerbreakdown.wordpress.com
Thunder Muscle
RealGM

Re: American Family Field Discussion 

Post#30 » by Thunder Muscle » Mon Jun 19, 2023 3:00 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:I think the Leinie's Barrel Yard will probably be pretty nice. They are opening it this week. I popped over there yesterday thinking maybe they had a soft opening and I could take a look but it wasn't opened yet. It looked like they were doing some training. I couldn't get close enough to really look inside (I was by the pro shop). They put out a press release today that there will have 3 beers not sold anywhere else and they will rotate in other exclusive beers. The first 3:

Cherry Gose

This brew pours with a pinkish hue. Subtle tart cherry flavor blends with the light tartness of the beer. The pink Himalayan salts provide a fullness to the mouthfeel that finishes very cleanly. This brew includes three different malts – pale, acidulated and red wheat – to accompany Hallertau Mittelfreu hops. There are two special ingredients for this exclusive brew, Tart Door County Cherries and Pink Himalayan salt.
ABV – 3.8%, BU – 11.0, Cals – 135 cals/12oz

Red Lager (remastered)

Pours with a brilliant rusty red color and thick tight foam. This beer has a sweet malty backbone that balances with the subtle piney cascade dry hopping notes. Ingredients that are included in this special brew are Pale, Caramel and Carapils malts, Cluster and Mt. Hood kettle hops, and Cascade dry hops from Wisconsin.
ABV - 4.8%, BU – 20, Cals – 170 cals/12oz

IPA

This brew is what you would expect from an IPA. Maltiness is coupled with alcoholic sweetness then balanced with a generous amount of hops. These particular hops, Cascade, Citra, Mosaic and Hallertau Mandarina Bavaria, are also used to dry hop at a rate of 1lb per barrel. This brings fresh hop notes of resinous pine, tropical fruits and citrus. This beer uses pale and caramel malts included in its mixtures.
ABV - 6.5%, BU – 40, Cals – 207cals/12oz

Supposedly they are lowering prices on 15 items including beer, popcorn and peanuts. I bring in my own peanuts.

As for tickets I almost always go on weeknights, especially Mondays and Tuesdays. You can get sweet seats between the dugouts on the lower (field) level pretty cheap. Weekends are more expensive with larger crowds but I know many who don't live around here have to go on weekends. You can save some by buying parking in advance through the app.

For 20+ years old I think the park is in good shape, they do a good job keeping it up. And thank God for the roof. I'll be there for one Mets and one Cards game next week, if I see anything worth mentioning I'll post it.

I don't know if they can't keep up with the demand but these are not even on the menu/tap list anymore. All were sold out in late April and went yesterday, not even an option. A little bit of a bummer as was happy to see Leinies Red revived.

Really nice crowd and atmosphere yesterday. Weather and win did not hurt either.
Thunder Muscle
RealGM

Post#31 » by Thunder Muscle » Wed Jul 26, 2023 1:54 pm

Attendance seems to be ticking up a bit as now slightly higher than last season.

2023 - 30489/game, approx 70-75% capacity.
2022- 30155/game

2019 - 36090
2018 - 35195
2017 - 31589
2016 - 28575
2015 - 31389
milweskee
Starter
And1: 331

Post#32 » by milweskee » Fri Jul 28, 2023 1:41 pm

trwi7 wrote:Manfred and O'Donnell can both choke on each other's dicks.

Thunder Muscle
RealGM

Post#33 » by Thunder Muscle » Wed Sep 6, 2023 2:08 pm

Went to Kaufmann Stadium a few weeks back and liked it. Concourses could tell was an older stadium, but awesome outdoor/open air experience and sightlines. It felt like a very intimate park to me. Great kids area and Royals Hall of Fame. Sounds like it will be replaced in the next decade but enjoyed this one.
Thunder Muscle
RealGM

Post#34 » by Thunder Muscle » Wed Sep 6, 2023 5:35 pm

2023 Brewers attendance up to 31,275/game per ESPN which is about 3.7% higher than 2022. It will be interesting to see how well attended the games in September are since school is back in session, mediocre teams on the slate, etc; however are in the thick of a pennant race with legit hopes to make a run. I plan to get down to one next week vs Marlins. Its been a fun season overall and have enjoyed getting to a few more games.
Thunder Muscle
RealGM

Post#35 » by Thunder Muscle » Fri Sep 8, 2023 5:19 pm

Heading down to a night game next week, is I-43 north of downtown still all tore up? Debating if just suck up the extra 10-15 minutes and head down I-41 and avoid that mess.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#36 » by MickeyDavis » Sat Sep 9, 2023 2:52 am

Thunder Muscle wrote:Heading down to a night game next week, is I-43 north of downtown still all tore up? Debating if just suck up the extra 10-15 minutes and head down I-41 and avoid that mess.

Yes it is.
Thunder Muscle
RealGM

Post#37 » by Thunder Muscle » Thu Sep 14, 2023 5:12 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:
Thunder Muscle wrote:Heading down to a night game next week, is I-43 north of downtown still all tore up? Debating if just suck up the extra 10-15 minutes and head down I-41 and avoid that mess.

Yes it is.

Took 43 on the way home and wasn’t too bad in that 915-945pm timeframe. Traffic was lighter and thinking maybe the night work hadn’t quite started. I took 41 on the way down to avoid construction areas during rush hour.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#38 » by MickeyDavis » Thu Sep 14, 2023 9:03 pm

Single game playoff tickets for round 1 go on sale 9/22. If you're on the Brewers email list you're suppose to be able to get access a day earlier. The games would be Tues, Wed and maybe Thur 10/3, 4, 5. For fellow NFL fans, the Thursday night game on 10/5 is Bears/Commanders so you won't miss anything if you go to game 3. :lol:
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,967

Post#39 » by ReasonablySober » Thu Sep 14, 2023 11:09 pm

I suppose it's getting time to pay attention to the WC race. LET'S GO REDS!
Thunder Muscle
RealGM

Post#40 » by Thunder Muscle » Fri Sep 15, 2023 1:25 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:Single game playoff tickets for round 1 go on sale 9/22. If you're on the Brewers email list you're suppose to be able to get access a day earlier. The games would be Tues, Wed and maybe Thur 10/3, 4, 5. For fellow NFL fans, the Thursday night game on 10/5 is Bears/Commanders so you won't miss anything if you go to game 3. :lol:

Thanks for the heads up! I would like to get to a game if possible.

ReasonablySober wrote:I suppose it's getting time to pay attention to the WC race. LET'S GO REDS!

Brewers magic number to clinch a playoff spot should be 9. Division is 12. Cubs/Diamondbacks play this weekend so will be opportunity to lower that number x2 if can take care of Nats.

Return to Milwaukee Brewers