ImageImage

Bucks News, Trade Ideas, Transactions - Crowder Out 8 Weeks

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

tedbrogen
Analyst
And1: 2,828

Re: Bucks News, Trade Ideas, Transactions 

Post#701 » by tedbrogen » Sat Oct 28, 2023 6:25 am

If we’re making best five rotation decision based solely in on/off for the finals, looks like Bucks should go Dame, Midds, Bobby, Giannis, and a fifth player who wasn’t on the team, so let’s say one of Green, Marjon, or AJJ.
ShootingtheJ
General Manager
And1: 4,847

Post#702 » by ShootingtheJ » Sat Oct 28, 2023 11:38 am

Baddy Chuck wrote:
ShootingtheJ wrote:
Baddy Chuck wrote:The Finals where Pat was -4.9 to PJ's -5.1 is supposed to show how much more useful he was?

You are absolutely the most disingenuous person I've ever seen regarding players you don't like vs players you like and what stats and metrics you will use or goalposts you'll move to tell yourself you're right :lol:. From vorp, to on/offs, to "playoff performer!" to whatever else and the way you pick and choose and cut up the stats to fit your narrative it never ceases to amaze me.

Your numbers are off. It amazes me how unglued someone gets when their favorite player gets criticism. Are you his mom?

You go as far as to just lie. It's crazy.

https://www.nba.com/stats/team/1610612749/onoffcourt-advanced?Season=2020-21&SeasonType=Playoffs&OpponentTeamID=1610612756

Pat Connaughton on court during the Suns series: +0.3, off court +5.2
Tucker on court +1.6, off court +6.7

Lol, you obviously don't know the difference between calculated +/-, and actual +/-, and yet you're calling me a liar.

The Bucks were -34 with PJ on the floor in the finals, and +1 with Pat on the floor.
ShootingtheJ
General Manager

Post#703 » by ShootingtheJ » Sat Oct 28, 2023 11:45 am

tedbrogen wrote:If we’re making best five rotation decision based solely in on/off for the finals, looks like Bucks should go Dame, Midds, Bobby, Giannis, and a fifth player who wasn’t on the team, so let’s say one of Green, Marjon, or AJJ.

Yeah, without the deep drop, we're seeing that all of Brooks impact is now on offense. It's a relief the Brooks 3 point shooting seems to have carried over from last year, as that has a huge impact on our unstoppable horns set.

Now, we'll eventually see teams pre-switch to get a guard defending out top, but then Middleton will get isolation against bigs he could score on is his sleep.
CharityStripe34
General Manager
And1: 5,744

Post#704 » by CharityStripe34 » Sat Oct 28, 2023 2:35 pm

ShootingtheJ wrote:
tedbrogen wrote:If we’re making best five rotation decision based solely in on/off for the finals, looks like Bucks should go Dame, Midds, Bobby, Giannis, and a fifth player who wasn’t on the team, so let’s say one of Green, Marjon, or AJJ.

Yeah, without the deep drop, we're seeing that all of Brooks impact is now on offense. It's a relief the Brooks 3 point shooting seems to have carried over from last year, as that has a huge impact on our unstoppable horns set.

Now, we'll eventually see teams pre-switch to get a guard defending out top, but then Middleton will get isolation against bigs he could score on is his sleep.

I also think Brook's value on offense will increase more since Griffin favors crashing the glass. That, and I think as time passes he'll roam in the dunker area more often as the lob outlet when Gianni gets the pocket-pass rolling to the hoop. That option was there against Philly since Embiid came to guard Freak, but Brook rolled to the corner three as opposed to flashing to the dunker.

Projecting to a Celtics series, my guess is Porzingis is guarding Brook and Horford guarding Gianni? That would leave KP as the weakside help on a Gianni roll to the rim, leaving Brook open for an easy layup. The outlet three man would be Khris usually, and that's almost a layup for him.
"Wes, Hill, Ibaka, Allen, Nwora, Brook, Pat, Ingles, Khris are all slow-mo, injury prone ... a sandcastle waiting for playoff wave to get wrecked. A castle with no long-range archers... is destined to fall. That is all I have to say."-- FOTIS
Badgerlander
RealGM
And1: 6,992

Post#705 » by Badgerlander » Sat Oct 28, 2023 2:49 pm

What were Crowders on/off in the finals?
Shoot, Move, and Communicate...

Spoiler:

I'm just here for my own amusement,"don't take offense at my innuendo..."

Countless waze, we pass the daze...

A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
GoldenAntlers
General Manager
And1: 4,529

Post#706 » by GoldenAntlers » Sat Oct 28, 2023 2:51 pm

Griff gave Giannis the game ball for reaching most FGs made in franchise history. Giannis immediately gave it back to Griff for winning his first game as a head coach. The team splashed Coach with water and then grouped up to say "Family, on 3!"

Anybody who is wringing their hands about the coaching situation and short term chemistry concerns needs to chill.
"Silence is a source of great strength." - Lao Tzu
BUCKnation
RealGM
And1: 3,067

Post#707 » by BUCKnation » Sat Oct 28, 2023 5:04 pm

CharityStripe34 wrote:
ShootingtheJ wrote:

I also think Brook's value on offense will increase more since Griffin favors crashing the glass. That, and I think as time passes he'll roam in the dunker area more often as the lob outlet when Gianni gets the pocket-pass rolling to the hoop. That option was there against Philly since Embiid came to guard Freak, but Brook rolled to the corner three as opposed to flashing to the dunker.

Projecting to a Celtics series, my guess is Porzingis is guarding Brook and Horford guarding Gianni? That would leave KP as the weakside help on a Gianni roll to the rim, leaving Brook open for an easy layup. The outlet three man would be Khris usually, and that's almost a layup for him.

Dame/Brook PnR's could be excellent too. We haven't seen that enough during Brook's tenure.
old skool
General Manager
And1: 3,511

Post#708 » by old skool » Sat Oct 28, 2023 5:36 pm

GoldenAntlers wrote:Griff gave Giannis the game ball for reaching most FGs made in franchise history. Giannis immediately gave it back to Griff for winning his first game as a head coach. The team splashed Coach with water and then grouped up to say "Family, on 3!"

Anybody who is wringing their hands about the coaching situation and short term chemistry concerns needs to chill.
Not denying the positive vibe from that lockerroom exchange, but ....

..... does Giannis have room at home for a 417th game ball?
Prez
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 42,037

Post#709 » by Prez » Sat Oct 28, 2023 5:41 pm

GoldenAntlers wrote:Griff gave Giannis the game ball for reaching most FGs made in franchise history. Giannis immediately gave it back to Griff for winning his first game as a head coach. The team splashed Coach with water and then grouped up to say "Family, on 3!"

The Stotts thing was definitely weird but literally everything else I’ve seen from training camp to preseason to now regular season has been extremely positive. Damn near the whole team seems to love the competitive environment the staff has built and wants to play hard for Griff. We’ll see if that sustains but promising early signs.

Also includes the tactical side of things - Griff being down to try a bunch of different things in game 1 of the RS is really nice to see after the Bud years.
Prez
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#710 » by Prez » Sat Oct 28, 2023 5:44 pm

ShootingtheJ wrote:
Baddy Chuck wrote:
ShootingtheJ wrote:
Your numbers are off. It amazes me how unglued someone gets when their favorite player gets criticism. Are you his mom?

You go as far as to just lie. It's crazy.

https://www.nba.com/stats/team/1610612749/onoffcourt-advanced?Season=2020-21&SeasonType=Playoffs&OpponentTeamID=1610612756

Lol, you obviously don't know the difference between calculated +/-, and actual +/-, and yet you're calling me a liar.

The Bucks were -34 with PJ on the floor in the finals, and +1 with Pat on the floor.

Where are you seeing the -34 stat? I’m seeing -4 for PJ in the finals. Which over a 6-game series and 180+ minutes for each guy, a total of -4 vs +1 is meaningless.
ShootingtheJ
General Manager

Post#711 » by ShootingtheJ » Sat Oct 28, 2023 5:58 pm

Prez wrote:
ShootingtheJ wrote:
Baddy Chuck wrote:You go as far as to just lie. It's crazy.

Where are you seeing the -34 stat? I’m seeing -4 for PJ in the finals. Which over a 6-game series and 180+ minutes for each guy, a total of -4 vs +1 is meaningless.

Right from the actual game logs.
GoldenAntlers
General Manager
And1: 4,529

Post#712 » by GoldenAntlers » Sat Oct 28, 2023 6:00 pm

old skool wrote:

Not denying the positive vibe from that lockerroom exchange, but ....

..... does Giannis have room at home for a 417th game ball?
"Sheesh...another one?..."
"Silence is a source of great strength." - Lao Tzu
ShootingtheJ
General Manager

Post#713 » by ShootingtheJ » Sat Oct 28, 2023 6:02 pm

BUCKnation wrote:
CharityStripe34 wrote:
ShootingtheJ wrote:

Dame/Brook PnR's could be excellent too. We haven't seen that enough during Brook's tenure.

Sometimes yes, but it will lead to teams blitzing Dame, because It would force Lopez to be a passer off the short role, and he's a terrible passer.

It's annoying watching bigs who are great passers, and then being left to wonder why Lopez does do this for us? He has the size for line of sight, and the coordination, but still has zero court vision.
Prez
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#714 » by Prez » Sat Oct 28, 2023 6:14 pm

ShootingtheJ wrote:
Prez wrote:
ShootingtheJ wrote:

I’m still seeing cumulative -4 going through the game logs.

https://www.nba.com/stats/player/200782/boxscores-traditional?Season=2020-21&SeasonType=Playoffs&PORound=4

For the series as a whole:

https://www.nba.com/stats/players/traditional?PORound=4&PerMode=Totals&Season=2020-21&SeasonType=Playoffs&TeamID=1610612749&dir=A&sort=PLUS_MINUS
ShootingtheJ
General Manager

Post#715 » by ShootingtheJ » Sat Oct 28, 2023 6:26 pm

Prez wrote:
ShootingtheJ wrote:
Prez wrote:Where are you seeing the -34 stat? I’m seeing -4 for PJ in the finals. Which over a 6-game series and 180+ minutes for each guy, a total of -4 vs +1 is meaningless.

I’m still seeing cumulative -4 going through the game logs.

https://www.nba.com/stats/player/200782/boxscores-traditional?Season=2020-21&SeasonType=Playoffs&PORound=4

For the series as a whole:

https://www.nba.com/stats/players/traditional?PORound=4&PerMode=Totals&Season=2020-21&SeasonType=Playoffs&TeamID=1610612749&dir=A&sort=PLUS_MINUS

Go through actual box scores
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 46,226

Post#716 » by MickeyDavis » Sat Oct 28, 2023 6:41 pm

Nothing like a good P.J. Tucker debate to start the season.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
soxperry
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,005

Post#717 » by soxperry » Sat Oct 28, 2023 6:41 pm

That Portland 2nd is looking very, very nice
Prez
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#718 » by Prez » Sat Oct 28, 2023 6:43 pm

ShootingtheJ wrote:

Go through actual box scores

I did, and it’s the same thing, -4 total for the series. Can you link to where you are seeing -34?
Shaffty
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,121

Post#719 » by Shaffty » Sat Oct 28, 2023 6:56 pm

soxperry wrote:That Portland 2nd is looking very, very nice

Could have pick like 26 and 31 in this years draft. might be able to move up off that if there is someone you really like
ShootingtheJ
General Manager

Post#720 » by ShootingtheJ » Sat Oct 28, 2023 7:20 pm

Shaffty wrote:
soxperry wrote:That Portland 2nd is looking very, very nice

Could have pick like 26 and 31 in this years draft. might be able to move up off that if there is someone you really like

It's still amazing Portland didn't insist they get that pick back in the Dame deal.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks