ImageImageImage

Welcome to Boston, Jordan Walsh!

Moderators: bisme37, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman, canman1971, Froob, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts

Smart2Nesmith43
Sixth Man
And1: 4,923

Re: Welcome to Boston, Jordan Walsh! 

Post#621 » by Smart2Nesmith43 » Sat Mar 23, 2024 11:08 am

theman wrote:In the month of March:

Jordan Walsh 2 pts 1 rbs 1 ast

The guy I wanted the Celtics to draft:

G.G. Jackson 18.7 pts 4.6 reb 1.5 ast

:banghead:

Sure he would not be playing but the talent would be there.

Fascinating how someone can look at a player averaging 19 points and 1.5 assists, believe that's winning basketball and want them on their team.
Smart2Nesmith43
Sixth Man

Post#622 » by Smart2Nesmith43 » Sun Mar 31, 2024 10:19 pm

Step back, pull up, catch and shoot, pump fake,... Jordan Walsh showing the whole array of threes in a single game.

Not bad for a guy that couldn't shoot a year ago.
brackdan70
RealGM
And1: 10,268

Post#623 » by brackdan70 » Tue Apr 2, 2024 4:59 pm

Looks like a hell of a 2 way player.
Sign here
31to6
RealGM
And1: 29,058

Post#624 » by 31to6 » Tue Apr 2, 2024 5:34 pm

Smart2Nesmith43 wrote:Step back, pull up, catch and shoot, pump fake,... Jordan Walsh showing the whole array of threes in a single game.

I just realized that Maine Celtics players can wear retired jersey #s of Boston Celtics players. Because someone is wearing 7 and someone is wearing 2 out there, and it was throwing me off! So tell me: has any Maine Celtic dared to wear 6 or 33??
Paul Pierce appreciation society.
Smart2Nesmith43
Sixth Man

Post#625 » by Smart2Nesmith43 » Tue Apr 2, 2024 10:26 pm

31to6 wrote:
Smart2Nesmith43 wrote:Step back, pull up, catch and shoot, pump fake,... Jordan Walsh showing the whole array of threes in a single game.

I just realized that Maine Celtics players can wear retired jersey #s of Boston Celtics players. Because someone is wearing 7 and someone is wearing 2 out there, and it was throwing me off! So tell me: has any Maine Celtic dared to wear 6 or 33??

Not in the Maine Celtics era. Maybe back when it was still the Red Claws.
zoyathedestroya
RealGM
And1: 97,394

Post#626 » by zoyathedestroya » Wed Apr 3, 2024 9:56 am

Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 56,117

Post#627 » by Parliament10 » Wed Apr 3, 2024 6:28 pm

Smart2Nesmith43 wrote:
31to6 wrote:

Not in the Maine Celtics era. Maybe back when it was still the Red Claws.

I don't recall anyone wearing #6 or #33 for Maine.
Maine Red Claws started in 2009-2010.
"You have to put the work in.
Nothing is given."

~ Jayson Tatum
Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 56,117

Post#628 » by Parliament10 » Sun Apr 14, 2024 12:47 am

Read on Twitter
"You have to put the work in.
Nothing is given."

~ Jayson Tatum
zoyathedestroya
RealGM

Post#629 » by zoyathedestroya » Wed Jun 5, 2024 8:07 pm

Read on Twitter
zoyathedestroya
RealGM

Post#630 » by zoyathedestroya » Fri Jun 14, 2024 9:19 am

One more win and Jordan Walsh will have more NBA titles than the last NINE #1 picks COMBINED! :o
165bows
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,987

Post#631 » by 165bows » Sat Jun 15, 2024 4:41 pm

Read on Twitter
Birdon
Junior
And1: 432

Post#632 » by Birdon » Sat Jun 15, 2024 7:58 pm

Hopefully he’ll get more playing time next season. He’s got the length and athleticism we need right now.
I admire PP’s evolution but it’s time to let him lead a team elsewhere.
Brad will figure it out.
Jrue, White, JB, JT, KP. Brad’s Masterpiece.
Smart2Nesmith43
Sixth Man

Post#633 » by Smart2Nesmith43 » Sat Jun 15, 2024 9:09 pm

Birdon wrote:Hopefully he’ll get more playing time next season. He’s got the length and athleticism we need right now.
Brad will figure it out.

Jordan Walsh is the youngest player to appear in a playoff game this season. Dereck Lively is the only other guy in his age-19 season to see minutes in these playoffs.

Jordan Walsh is the 6th youngest player ever to appear in a finals game (please kindly ignore the fact that the guys in front of him are Darko Milicic, Jonathan Bender, Jonathan Kuminga, Nikola Jovic and Moses Moody).

Jordan Walsh is younger than 13 players projected to be selected in the first round of this upcoming draft (based on tankathon's mock draft but you'll get similar result with another mock anyway).

The point is Walsh is really, really young by NBA standard and it's unlikely he'll be ready to crack the best rotation in the league as soon as the 2025 season. As long as he keeps improving his shooting and his defensive positioning it will still be a positive year.
Birdon
Junior
And1: 432

Post#634 » by Birdon » Sat Jun 15, 2024 9:45 pm

Smart2Nesmith43 wrote:
Birdon wrote:Hopefully he’ll get more playing time next season. He’s got the length and athleticism we need right now.
Brad will figure it out.

Jordan Walsh is the youngest player to appear in a playoff game this season. Dereck Lively is the only other guy in his age-19 season to see minutes in these playoffs.

Jordan Walsh is the 6th youngest player ever to appear in a finals game (please kindly ignore the fact that the guys in front of him are Darko Milicic, Jonathan Bender, Jonathan Kuminga, Nikola Jovic and Moses Moody).

Jordan Walsh is younger than 13 players projected to be selected in the first round of this upcoming draft (based on tankathon's mock draft but you'll get similar result with another mock anyway).

The point is Walsh is really, really young by NBA standard and it's unlikely he'll be ready to crack the best rotation in the league as soon as the 2025 season. As long as he keeps improving his shooting and his defensive positioning it will still be a positive year.
He’s the same age of Darryl Dawkins, Magic when he won the FMVP against us, Herro, Bynum, Kobe. One year younger than Tony Parker.
Darko had all the tools except a good head between his shoulders, added to the fact Larry Brown was a complete moron.
Brad has a record of developing young talent and his pupil Mazz certainly takes notes from Red’s heir.
Walsh couldn’t be in a better team.
Lbj’s wet dream is to have his anointed son playing for us; he knows Brad is the best in the business.
My point is, if the kid keeps on improving, let him play.
Jrue, White, JB, JT, KP. Brad’s Masterpiece.
redslastlaugh
Pro Prospect
And1: 766

Post#635 » by redslastlaugh » Fri Jun 21, 2024 9:08 pm

If Sam Hauser comes to an extension agreement, I wonder if Brad will consider trading Jordan Walsh before the draft.

Walsh’s first years development went really well, it’s fair to assume he has fans around the league. There aren’t going to be developmental minutes on the wing next year and Walsh is signed at a very low salary of a second round pick’s minimum for the next three yrs. I would think his value is fairly high right now.
bucknersrevenge
RealGM
And1: 14,033

Post#636 » by bucknersrevenge » Mon Jun 24, 2024 2:05 am

Circumstances may have just changed with the news of Brissett's impending free agency. Looks like he's gonna choose to become a free agent. This leaves Hauser, Walsh, and Drew Peterson.
and that's "MR. Irrelevant" to you!!

Founder of The Red's Disciples Podcast
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKArn8FGRYRxGqNDg8J4IAQ/featured
chakdaddy
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,371

Post#637 » by chakdaddy » Mon Jun 24, 2024 3:47 am

p
redslastlaugh wrote:If Sam Hauser comes to an extension agreement, I wonder if Brad will consider trading Jordan Walsh before the draft.

Walsh’s first years development went really well, it’s fair to assume he has fans around the league. There aren’t going to be developmental minutes on the wing next year and Walsh is signed at a very low salary of a second round pick’s minimum for the next three yrs. I would think his value is fairly high right now.

Yeah, but his value is highest to us. No one will need cheap young depth more than us in the next few years.
31to6
RealGM
And1: 29,058

Post#638 » by 31to6 » Mon Jun 24, 2024 4:04 am

bucknersrevenge wrote:Circumstances may have just changed with the news of Brissett's impending free agency. Looks like he's gonna choose to become a free agent. This leaves Hauser, Walsh, and Drew Peterson.

I hope he can approximate next year what Oshae gave us this year: be energetic and disruptive on defense. Be chaotic on offense. Occasionally make a spectacular athletic play.
Paul Pierce appreciation society.
redslastlaugh
Pro Prospect
And1: 766

Post#639 » by redslastlaugh » Mon Jun 24, 2024 4:16 am

chakdaddy wrote:p
redslastlaugh wrote:If Sam Hauser comes to an extension agreement, I wonder if Brad will consider trading Jordan Walsh before the draft.

Yeah, but his value is highest to us. No one will need cheap young depth more than us in the next few years.

Yeah, you may be right, but consider he was 19yrs old and 200 lbs last year. If the team thinks he is two years and 20lbs away from Brissett type playoff minutes, flipping his promise for a late first or multiple seconds and using the roster spot on a vet min like Lamar stevens or someone who can play 15 minutes in a playoff game next season, if need be, might be worth contemplation.

Not saying I would do it, just that Walsh was literally a teenager a couple of months ago and may not be ready at all to play rotation minutes during a title defense season, even if the outlook on his overall career is looking very good.
hickfromfrenchlick
General Manager
And1: 9,302

Post#640 » by hickfromfrenchlick » Mon Jun 24, 2024 1:04 pm

theman wrote:In the month of March:

Jordan Walsh 2 pts 1 rbs 1 ast

The guy I wanted the Celtics to draft:

G.G. Jackson 18.7 pts 4.6 reb 1.5 ast

:banghead:

Sure he would not be playing but the talent would be there.

Rings:

Walsh 1
Jackson 0

Jordan Walsh has the heart of a champion!

Return to Boston Celtics