FISERV Forum Thread

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Thunder Muscle
RealGM
And1: 1,094

Re: FISERV Forum Thread 

Post#1101 » by Thunder Muscle » Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:45 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:8:30 start Tuesday

Yikes. That is not going to help matters. Saw some lowers under $50 this AM on TickPick. There was a small part of me that thought about going, but between late start, longer games, late night construction on 43, etc I wouldn’t get home until 1-2AM. Hard pass, especially since likely leaving in sadness.
Thunder Muscle
RealGM

Post#1102 » by Thunder Muscle » Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:16 pm

How many of you ended up renewing season tickets? If lose tonight, I’m interested what might be thrown in to get people back. I have to think they’re going to lose quite a few with price increase plus what is looking like a super disappointing season with not much wiggle room to add a new exciting toy like Dame was last year.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 46,291

Post#1103 » by MickeyDavis » Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:23 pm

Thunder Muscle wrote:How many of you ended up renewing season tickets? If lose tonight, I’m interested what might be thrown in to get people back. I have to think they’re going to lose quite a few with price increase plus what is looking like a super disappointing season with not much wiggle room to add a new exciting toy like Dame was last year.

Sales reps are actually going to have to do some work this summer.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
12 Point Buck
Assistant Coach
And1: 190

Post#1104 » by 12 Point Buck » Wed May 1, 2024 5:01 am

Thunder Muscle wrote:
MickeyDavis wrote:8:30 start Tuesday

Yikes. That is not going to help matters. Saw some lowers under $50 this AM on TickPick. There was a small part of me that thought about going, but between late start, longer games, late night construction on 43, etc I wouldn’t get home until 1-2AM. Hard pass, especially since likely leaving in sadness.

always game 7
Thunder Muscle
RealGM

Post#1105 » by Thunder Muscle » Thu May 2, 2024 3:51 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:
Thunder Muscle wrote:How many of you ended up renewing season tickets? If lose tonight, I’m interested what might be thrown in to get people back. I have to think they’re going to lose quite a few with price increase plus what is looking like a super disappointing season with not much wiggle room to add a new exciting toy like Dame was last year.

Sales reps are actually going to have to do some work this summer.

No doubt. Funny how I got an email after Game 1 and another yesterday. :)

The regular season has gotten so meh that I would need a really really enticing deal sweetener to even consider it. And I also think we’re going to see more load management next year with Giannis and others. The goal will be to be healthy into April, not seeding.
WiscoKing13
RealGM
And1: 1,288

Post#1106 » by WiscoKing13 » Fri May 10, 2024 7:03 pm

Went to my first admirals game on Tuesday in 10 years and after 50 plus games going to Fiserv it was refreshing.

Crowd was tuned in, different chants the fans were leading and a much younger demo. Also a good mix of families and a whole let less alcohol being pushed down your throats.

As far as fan experience goes I would take that atmosphere 10 times out of 10 compared to bucks games. Don't need an add for Gruber after every 3.

Sent from my SM-G991U using RealGM mobile app
DanoMac wrote:
bullox wrote:That phone number was an asset to you. You had a direct line to the gm. You've squandered it.

I squandered an asset? Then Hammond taught me well.
ReginaldDwight
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,791

Post#1107 » by ReginaldDwight » Fri May 10, 2024 8:41 pm

WiscoKing13 wrote:Went to my first admirals game on Tuesday in 10 years and after 50 plus games going to Fiserv it was refreshing.

Crowd was tuned in, different chants the fans were leading and a much younger demo. Also a good mix of families and a whole let less alcohol being pushed down your throats.

As far as fan experience goes I would take that atmosphere 10 times out of 10 compared to bucks games. Don't need an add for Gruber after every 3.

In that vein anyone who wants to go see live hoops should just get uwm season tickets you can sit second tier for like 100 bucks a season.
WiscoKing13
RealGM
And1: 1,288

Post#1108 » by WiscoKing13 » Sat May 11, 2024 5:32 pm

Was stewing a bit on atmosphere but what ana absolute zero the fan zone is at Fiserv. I'm sure all those ppl are well meaning but they really have some nothing to create an type of benefit. Seems to have really died out since that section came over from the Bradley center.

DanoMac wrote:
bullox wrote:That phone number was an asset to you. You had a direct line to the gm. You've squandered it.

I squandered an asset? Then Hammond taught me well.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 46,291

Post#1109 » by MickeyDavis » Sat May 11, 2024 7:29 pm

WiscoKing13 wrote:Was stewing a bit on atmosphere but what ana absolute zero the fan zone is at Fiserv. I'm sure all those ppl are well meaning but they really have some nothing to create an type of benefit. Seems to have really died out since that section came over from the Bradley center.

I don't really notice them anymore. Of course at the BC there were mostly sparse "crowds" so they stood out a lot more.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
GrandAdmiralDan
RealGM
And1: 1,305

Post#1110 » by GrandAdmiralDan » Thu May 16, 2024 11:57 am

Wow. I expected what I had already paid for the Bucks first round game 7 (that didn't happen of course) to be a credit used for my next payment (I pay for my season tickets in 12 monthly installments). Nope! They took the amount I overpaid for round one, and divided it by 8, applying 1/8 of the credit each of the remaining 8 months of the year. That's bull
97-98
Nick Van Exel (LAL) on defending the Stockton-Malone pick-and-roll: "Yeah,
I got a way to defend it. Bring a bat to the game and kill one of them."
GrandAdmiralDan
RealGM
And1: 1,305

Post#1111 » by GrandAdmiralDan » Thu May 16, 2024 12:00 pm

If anyone is considering buying season tickets, I strongly recommend that you do NOT. All of the disadvantages of buying season tickets, for almost everyone, vastly outweigh the advantages of being a full season ticket holder.
97-98

Nick Van Exel (LAL) on defending the Stockton-Malone pick-and-roll: "Yeah,

I got a way to defend it. Bring a bat to the game and kill one of them."
Thunder Muscle
RealGM

Post#1112 » by Thunder Muscle » Wed Jun 5, 2024 1:21 pm

GrandAdmiralDan wrote:If anyone is considering buying season tickets, I strongly recommend that you do NOT. All of the disadvantages of buying season tickets, for almost everyone, vastly outweigh the advantages of being a full season ticket holder.

I would second this as a long time holder, well now former holder.
Thunder Muscle
RealGM

Post#1113 » by Thunder Muscle » Wed Jun 5, 2024 1:23 pm

GrandAdmiralDan wrote:Wow. I expected what I had already paid for the Bucks first round game 7 (that didn't happen of course) to be a credit used for my next payment (I pay for my season tickets in 12 monthly installments). Nope! They took the amount I overpaid for round one, and divided it by 8, applying 1/8 of the credit each of the remaining 8 months of the year. That's bull

Any extra dime they can make off your money…

I would be curious how many season seat holders they lost since last year and also since the year after the championship season.
soxperry
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,014

Post#1114 » by soxperry » Wed Jun 5, 2024 1:52 pm

GrandAdmiralDan wrote:If anyone is considering buying season tickets, I strongly recommend that you do NOT. All of the disadvantages of buying season tickets, for almost everyone, vastly outweigh the advantages of being a full season ticket holder.

I dont entirely see it that way and have retained my tickets, but its close to being that way for me. Im definitely not going to auto renew for 25/26, thats for sure. We are officially in year to year mode now.
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 11,207

Post#1115 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Wed Jun 5, 2024 2:27 pm

For the right person who knows for sure they are going to 20+ games AND willing to closely watch the market and well their tickets, STH can be a good deal. Otherwise just buy game of considering there are way too many load management games and having it deal with crappy winter and early spring weather. Use part of the savings by betting on the bucks to win the ECF as a hedge to apply towards finals tickets if you main concern is we somehow make it that far next year. I was a sth for five years and got progressively worth it as prices have gone up despite demand going down.
Thunder Muscle
RealGM

Post#1116 » by Thunder Muscle » Wed Jun 5, 2024 10:09 pm

I just don’t think there are enough “marquee” games anymore. Outside of Curry, LeBron games (who are nearing the end), and Boston there aren’t many games left where I couldn’t find comparable seats to my own under what I would’ve been paying next year. 50% of the games I probably could get in lower level baseline. Chicago games used to be hot but Bulls are so mediocre now. Luka/Dallas and ANT/Wolves to this point were not high value games. I stuck around for playoffs but with our window seemingly closing its just not worth it.

And the perks/events just dont make up for it, especially for someone who has gone to less games than the past and lives too far to go on a whim.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,480

Post#1117 » by paulpressey25 » Wed Jun 5, 2024 11:52 pm

2005 to 2015 was a golden era to be a season ticket holder in Milwaukee. Sure, the team sucked, but you got to see NBA hoops up close for a song. Easy free parking and fairly priced concessions added to it. And you could swap tickets so easily.

And we’d have threads about what went on that night, since so many members of this board could afford the seats back then.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
rilamann
RealGM
And1: 13,434

Post#1118 » by rilamann » Thu Jun 6, 2024 12:23 am

paulpressey25 wrote:2005 to 2015 was a golden era to be a season ticket holder in Milwaukee. Sure, the team sucked, but you got to see NBA hoops up close for a song. Easy free parking and fairly priced concessions added to it. And you could swap tickets so easily.

And we’d have threads about what went on that night, since so many members of this board could afford the seats back then.

The 90's were really good, too. As far as getting to see NBA action in person dirt cheap.

My all-time best bang for my buck was sitting 1st row behind the Bucks bench when they played Houston in 1993 or 1994. Got to see prime Hakeem up close for $7. That was also the same game where the assistant coaches had to hold Todd Day back from going into the crowd after a fan who was heckling him the whole game. I wasn't at this one, but that was also around the same time frame that Ken Norman I think went into the crowd after a fan. I know you remember well, but the Bucks were really bad in those days and they deff took some heat from the fans.

:lol:

Obviously, I bought the cheapest ticket to get in the door, then sneaked down. The ushers & security people seemed a lot more lenient about people moving down back in those days if it wasn't a big crowd. They seemed to get a lot more strict during the Karl big 3 era, even the games with small crowds they would make you move to your actual seat if you got caught.

Another time in the 90's before the Karl days I sat 1st row behind the Cavs bench, and the security guy sitting by the Cav's bench told me the people who owned the seats were in a luxury box and not coming down and that it was fine if I sat there.

Those days are long over.....lol.
Giannis Antetokounmpo wrote:You're out here reffing like Marc Davis and ****
ColeWorld23
Sixth Man
And1: 713

Post#1119 » by ColeWorld23 » Thu Jun 6, 2024 4:06 am

Man ten years ago was the time to get free tickets from the Bucks Twitter and from Larry Sanders on Twitter. Good times.
soxperry
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,014

Post#1120 » by soxperry » Thu Jun 6, 2024 11:02 am

I actually enjoy tracking the ticket market, at least until around March. By then im pretty over it. I haven't been doing this quite as long as some of you so being a season ticket holder still has some glow for me.

For next season, i upgraded to 118, row 18, and am currently putting the finishing touches on a lengthy stretch of overtime to cover the worst case scenario. No kids for me, so why not? I always remind myself that we will most likely not be this relevant to true title contention again for a very long time. Im going to try and enjoy it as much as possible.

Granted...

After seeing how cheap the lower level seats get when Giannis sits, im also excited about going to see some nba ball for very cheap after this era is over. Its going to be a lot of fun.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks