Houston Rockets starting lineup:
PG: Rafer Alston
SG: Bonzi Wells
SF: Shane Battier
PF: Chuck Hayes
C: Yao Ming

Boston Celtics:

No explanation needed.
dockingsched wrote: the biggest loss of the off-season for the lakers was earl clark
CJballa14
Pro Prospect
And1: 0

Post#2 » by CJballa14 » Tue Jan 1, 2008 11:54 pm

i dont see us winning this one...
Yao Ming Fan boys annoy me...
Tracy McGrady fan boys annoy me...
Steve Francis fan boys annoy me...
GO ROCKETS!
compucomp
Banned User

Post#3 » by compucomp » Tue Jan 1, 2008 11:58 pm

Yao has to dominate for us to even have a chance. We also have to hope that Battier can contain Pierce, while Ray Allen stays stuck in his shooting woes. We're not stopping KG and probably not containing him either.

If these three things happen we might win, but it would be very hard to beat a 26-3 team in their building when McGrady is playing, and he's not walking through that door tomorrow.

Edit: Small quibble with the OP, the game starts at 7:30, not 7.
DraftBoy10
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#4 » by DraftBoy10 » Wed Jan 2, 2008 12:05 am

We will win this game.

We will **** win this game!
RoxFan08
Veteran
And1: 1

Post#5 » by RoxFan08 » Wed Jan 2, 2008 12:15 am

After the disheartening loss to Golden State, I just don't think we can take Boston without McGrady. Unless we come out hot and hitting everything under the sun, and Boston goes REALLY cold, I just can't see us winning this. But I'm going to be watching it anyway. :lol:
dunleavyjr
General Manager
And1: 54

Post#6 » by dunleavyjr » Wed Jan 2, 2008 12:32 am

Rockets 78
Celtics 111
Teckon
Assistant Coach
And1: 30

Post#7 » by Teckon » Wed Jan 2, 2008 2:08 am

Boston has an impressive 26-3 records but are they that good? 21 games of the 29 games were against east teams and they lost 3 of those to the other big 2 teams in the East (Pistons, Magic) and Lebron's Cav (Lebron has a great game then).

The 8 games against the west teams they have won:
Lakers (twice)
Jazz (that's a narrow win for them)
Sonic
Kings (twice)
GSW (they were shooting badly causing Nelson to say they will not even win against Pismo Beach Panthers)
Wolves

Celtics does not have a killer PG (teams with killer PG tend to give Rockets huge problems). Billup dominated Rando in their matchup. Rafer should not be a liability against Rando.

Celtics doesn't have a strong inside force (both Piston and Magic have great inside presence). Rockets have Yao and will cause some major problems for Celtics.

Celtics does not run like Suns or GSW and plays more of half-court style. Rockets (or rather Yao) tend to perform better against such style

Like Piston and Magic, Rockets have good inside defense and will have a chance if Yao performs. I believe the game between Rockets and Celtics will be a close one (at least up to last 3-5 min).
dontel
Analyst

Post#8 » by dontel » Wed Jan 2, 2008 2:17 am

rockets 137
celtics 43
where its hard to get past the 1st rd because of injuries...happens
Maple Green
Starter
And1: 79

Post#9 » by Maple Green » Wed Jan 2, 2008 2:55 am

Thanks for the respect given to the Celtics. 26-3 is 26-3 no matter what. Even San Antonio and Dallas loss to the lowly teams. I pray that Celtics will not caught in the off night.
sarah42
Starter

Post#10 » by sarah42 » Wed Jan 2, 2008 3:02 am

Teckon wrote:Boston has an impressive 26-3 records but are they that good? 21 games of the 29 games were against east teams and they lost 3 of those to the other big 2 teams in the East (Pistons, Magic) and Lebron's Cav (Lebron has a great game then).

Lakers (twice)
Sonic
Kings (twice)
GSW (they were shooting badly causing Nelson to say they will not even win against Pismo Beach Panthers)
Wolves

Celtics does not have a killer PG (teams with killer PG tend to give Rockets huge problems). Billup dominated Rando in their matchup. Rafer should not be a liability against Rando.

Celtics doesn't have a strong inside force (both Piston and Magic have great inside presence). Rockets have Yao and will cause some major problems for Celtics.

Celtics does not run like Suns or GSW and plays more of half-court style. Rockets (or rather Yao) tend to perform better against such style

Like Piston and Magic, Rockets have good inside defense and will have a chance if Yao performs. I believe the game between Rockets and Celtics will be a close one (at least up to last 3-5 min).

First of all, yes they are a good team. They have won against every Western team they have played 8-0. they recently swept the west 4-0 in their first big road trip out west, and frankly embarrassed the Lakers who made fools of themselves by wearing those short shorts. and get this they were playing their 4th game in 5 nights, the night after they beating Utah in Utah, where they played big minutes. as a west coast fan, you must know how hard it is to beat utah at home. their fans scare me!

that's amazing, and considering most eastern teams get the case of the "flu" when they play the west in a road trip, its kinda surprising. i thought the lakers where the well rested team, but instead the Celtics played like they were.

its not their offense. its their defence, and since the majority of the teams they played against from the west don't pretend to play defence, they were mostly easy wins. i mean, come on...is anyone surprised they murdered the lakers twice, golden state and the nuggets. talk about horrible defensive teams, especially the last two.

as a hornets fan, I'm not looking forward to those games, but hopefully we'll have enough wins by the end of the year, when we'll play them and eventually lose. :P

its shameful, btw, that teams get chippy, and get up to play the celtics. what about the rest of the way against the 29 other teams?!! poking KG in the eye, and tackling Ray Allen as if you are linebacker isn't going to stop them from whopping you if you can't handle their defense. such ******* some of these players are. they should play their hardest every game, not when the celtics come by once a year!
inmate347 wrote:
BTW, I still maintain that the 1984 Denver Broncos are Lebron's father
sarah42
Starter

Post#11 » by sarah42 » Wed Jan 2, 2008 3:13 am

Teckon wrote:Boston has an impressive 26-3 records but are they that good? 21 games of the 29 games were against east teams and they lost 3 of those to the other big 2 teams in the East (Pistons, Magic) and Lebron's Cav (Lebron has a great game then).

Lakers (twice)
Sonic
Kings (twice)
Wolves

i think it will be close too. rockets are hopefully a defensive team still, right? i mean you can't forget how to play defense just because JVG is gone right? I'm not so sure the Celtics are going to stop Yao, unless to pressure him to turnover the ball, but Yao is Yao. its the wing players they'll try to disrupt. but who is the pistons inside presence? Sheed. they really never had an inside presence. they have billups who gets to the line, and an occasional Sheed postup.

about the running - they may not be fast like the Suns, but they certainly aren't deliberately slow all the time like the pistons. they are actually fun to watch. i don't think the spurs are slow either, like some say. Tony Parker is one of the fastest guards out there, and if Rondo is there - watch out. he is amazing with his speed, and has improved a lot! but i don't think they'll have trouble in the half court style. they play in the east, and most eastern teams know that style or should be familiar after the pistons shove it down your throat 5 years running. :banghead:
inmate347 wrote:
BTW, I still maintain that the 1984 Denver Broncos are Lebron's father
tmacformvp07
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#12 » by tmacformvp07 » Wed Jan 2, 2008 4:06 am

Celtics 111
Rockets 71

sound familiar??
TMACFORMVP
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 161

Post#13 » by TMACFORMVP » Wed Jan 2, 2008 6:21 am

The question is do we lose by 20-30 or 35 and up? I'd take the latter.
dunleavyjr
General Manager
And1: 54

Post#14 » by dunleavyjr » Wed Jan 2, 2008 7:30 am

If Tmac plays, then there might be a chance to beat the Celtics. Last I heard, Tmac is gonna be out for the next 2 weeks at least.

Celtics are gonna massacre the Rockets.
midnight
Rookie

Post#15 » by midnight » Wed Jan 2, 2008 8:33 am

^^haha....

ha!
Shabi__5
Head Coach

Post#16 » by Shabi__5 » Wed Jan 2, 2008 8:37 am

This game will be close for 3 quarters , it will look like it's within reach but in the last quarter they will just pull away , we have no chance.
buckybadgerfan
Sophomore

Post#17 » by buckybadgerfan » Wed Jan 2, 2008 10:01 am

Rox are 1dimensional with Yao as lone weapon unless Bonzi and Brooks bring their game.

Celtics are 3 dimensional. Advantage Boston 3Party.

Rox are still trying to find their defense of last year.
Celts have become the leading defenders this year. Advantage-->B town.

The speed and skill of KG, Pierce, Allen will likely overwhelm Yao and Rox when Boston plays defense.

Final score: 109-82 Boston over Rox. But does the final score even matter--another loss is another loss right. :banghead:
McTracy
Rookie

Post#18 » by McTracy » Wed Jan 2, 2008 12:27 pm

Damn, we all know whet Boston is doin'. They're the best in the leauge.

But I'm Rockets' fan, I always belive, I belive we can win this game. I just wanna see our players playin' with passion, energy, heart and I wanna see Rockets fightin' against Boston. Really.

Do not let them rebound and steal the ball. And do not let them shoot from open positions.

We'll miss Tracy, really.

Just fight, maybe we'll win.

Go Rockets !
IT'S TIME
Iggyemu
RealGM

Post#19 » by Iggyemu » Wed Jan 2, 2008 12:39 pm

Our old coach will take pity on us. Probably just a 10-12 point loss.
"One Ring makes a Champion......Six Rings make a Legend" - Michael Jeffrey Jordan
Baller 24
RealGM
And1: 18

Post#20 » by Baller 24 » Wed Jan 2, 2008 4:16 pm

I feel an upset....only if Yao plays right.
dockingsched wrote: the biggest loss of the off-season for the lakers was earl clark

Return to Houston Rockets