ImageImage

Rockets vs. Celtics

Moderators: ken6199, TMU

grond
Senior
And1: 0

Post#321 » by grond » Thu Jan 3, 2008 2:57 am

nyk_buc wrote:yao is just pitiful. pitiful. this is worse b/c he's actually trying and he still can't outplay KG.

Hassling someone for not outplaying KG is somewhat ridiculous.
nyk_buc
Head Coach
And1: 58

Post#322 » by nyk_buc » Thu Jan 3, 2008 2:57 am

but the good thing out of all this:

1) bonzi has been REALLY aggressive, even in the latter games tmac was injured.

2) scola remains to be a beast (just dumb at times w/ the defensive fouls)

3) head and battier seem to regain their 3s.

now when tmac returns, we should be straight.

BUT WHY DOES YAO KEEP FADING???? YOU'RE 7'6 GET POSITION AND HOOK IT
TMACFORMVP
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 161

Post#323 » by TMACFORMVP » Thu Jan 3, 2008 2:58 am

bballmaniac27 wrote:everyone sounds so pissed off. Maybe it was a good thing I missed the game.

Inability to get the rebound in the final minutes, not being able to stop Garnett, and Yao playing horrible in the 4th does really make you pissed. It was a nice effort, but a game we should have won.
Teckon
Assistant Coach
And1: 30

Post#324 » by Teckon » Thu Jan 3, 2008 2:59 am

Actually the period when Rockets were doing well is when Brooks is playing instead of Head. they had a 13-2 run.
dontel
Analyst

Post#325 » by dontel » Thu Jan 3, 2008 3:00 am

nsballer07 wrote:Yao sucked, we played well without him and play horrible with him, I don't get why he isn't playing well these past couple of games. He is having some sort of trouble? Morey make some **** trades, get someone in here please.

blame it on adelman's system! this system makes yao rely on tracy so much, because of the pick and roll. and rick has just made yao much softer than ever before! gone are the days when yao could easily score 35, 37, 38 points in a row. GONE!!! :nonono:
where its hard to get past the 1st rd because of injuries...happens
nyk_buc
Head Coach

Post#326 » by nyk_buc » Thu Jan 3, 2008 3:01 am

isn't adelman worried yao can't get position from a skinny guy like kg? a small guy like perkins??

wassup with that???

it really started from okur and i have never see him develop consistent position anymore.

we need someone to help him with this by looking at game tape or something. yao's game is based on positioning
MaxRider
RealGM
And1: 5,805

Post#327 » by MaxRider » Thu Jan 3, 2008 3:02 am

i'm pissed at the 3 that go in and out
YaoZai
Junior

Post#328 » by YaoZai » Thu Jan 3, 2008 3:06 am

I would say that Yao had a sub-par game overall and Garnett really carried his team in the 4th.
T_mac_4eva
Banned User

Post#329 » by T_mac_4eva » Thu Jan 3, 2008 3:06 am

7-21 for yao. he was horrible.he was getting outplayed by pollard. missing layups. taking soft jumpers. i've said it before, yao gets most off hes points spoon fed by mcgrady. when tracy in there, he makes yao look better then what he really is.

Tonight, in the last we have scola playing great defense, getting to the foul line. yao comes in, offense slows down, defense becomes slow and we lose.
DreamShook34
Lead Assistant
And1: 6

Post#330 » by DreamShook34 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 3:08 am

I think the one play that killed us was where RA wrote up a play for Luther Head to bring up the ball and get Yao a quick interior pass..why would he call for Luther Head to get Yao the ball? He's our worst passer/decision maker! thats when all our momentum was gone we were down by only 1 when he lost the ball.. we couldn't get back after that..bonzi was having such a great game we should have posted him and brought Yao from the weak side on a short curl..
YaoZai
Junior

Post#331 » by YaoZai » Thu Jan 3, 2008 3:08 am

I thought Yao and Scola played ok when they were both on the floor.
DraftBoy10
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#332 » by DraftBoy10 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 3:09 am

What killed us were those two offensive rebounds from Ray Allen.

Since when does Ray stay near the basket on offense? What the hell? If so, do NOT let him get the rebound!
grond
Senior

Post#333 » by grond » Thu Jan 3, 2008 3:11 am

nyk_buc wrote:BUT WHY DOES YAO KEEP FADING???? YOU'RE 7'6 GET POSITION AND HOOK IT

Earlier, the Celts were threatening the middle from him with sagging perim. In the 2nd and 3rd qtrs Yao was more aggressive, took it to the middle, and drew a lot of fouls. The Yao/Scola/Bonzi effort in the 2nd and 3rd was where we got back into the game.

You're right w.r.t. Scola. He should have been sub'd for Battier. With Yao/Scola/Bonzi our offense is just about right imo. It should have been obvious from the way the game had gone. Down the stretch it's fatal to have Battier on (offensively) because he just hangs out on the line, whereas Scola is always bustling and causing the defense to react.

Good game. KG was clutch down the stretch, but Yao doesn't deserve the hate. The 4 possessions they posted him up down the stretch we got 2 open Battier 3's (1 missed) off double teams, a turnover from head, and a blown layup at the rim with KG pressuring - that's not awful, shot wise. OTOH KG got open for his J's through pick'n'roll (with Battier utterly SUCKING at the switch/coverage I might add).

A question of usage, as you pointed out - post v pick'n'roll. But one we can hardly blame Yao for.

bleah.
T_mac_4eva
Banned User

Post#334 » by T_mac_4eva » Thu Jan 3, 2008 3:11 am

YaoZai wrote:I thought Yao and Scola played ok when they were both on the floor.

You didnt even watch the game did you?.
PurpleTestament
Rookie

Post#335 » by PurpleTestament » Thu Jan 3, 2008 3:12 am

Extend Bonzi!!!!

That is all.
"The horror... the horror."
Amel
Banned User

Post#336 » by Amel » Thu Jan 3, 2008 3:12 am

dontel wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

blame it on adelman's system! this system makes yao rely on tracy so much, because of the pick and roll. and rick has just made yao much softer than ever before! gone are the days when yao could easily score 35, 37, 38 points in a row. GONE!!! :nonono:

you can blame it on Yao or Adelman, its pretty much the same...

Yaoza still does the mistakes he has done the past 5-6 seasons,

he could start learning **** like not turning over the ball in crunch time, or play him anyway and pray to God he and only he can turn the game around.....

Adelman was brought in to take the pressure of Yao, to involve other players...and thats whats going on...it will take some time but I think it will work...if not, the team needs to get dismantled and go a different route with its roster or ask for a coach that will fit to Yaozas game and risk loosing another 5-6 years...

you cant put much on Yao, its impossible, I love the guy but he's no Garnett or Duncan
MaxRider
RealGM
And1: 5,805

Post#337 » by MaxRider » Thu Jan 3, 2008 3:14 am

DraftBoy10 wrote:What killed us were those two offensive rebounds from Ray Allen.

Since when does Ray stay near the basket on offense? What the hell? If so, do NOT let him get the rebound!

tell me about it
the first one is alright since no Rocket is closer to the ball
the second one i thought Head is going to get that one :banghead:
CyKo
Pro Prospect

Post#338 » by CyKo » Thu Jan 3, 2008 3:14 am

DraftBoy10 wrote:What killed us were those two offensive rebounds from Ray Allen.

One of those rebounds Luther didn't even bother blocking out Allen, it seemed like he let him have the ball. Hell, he even stepped back even though he had the better position to get the ball.
Shabi__5
Head Coach

Post#339 » by Shabi__5 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 3:15 am

We always say we have 2 superstars and a bunch of role players , but we really have an all star in Yao not a supertsar and an all start in T-Mac who can play like a superstar when he wants to just rarely does it and a bunch of one dimensional role players.
nyk_buc
Head Coach

Post#340 » by nyk_buc » Thu Jan 3, 2008 3:16 am

Shabi__5 wrote:We always say we have 2 superstars and a bunch of role players , but we really have an all star in Yao not a supertsar and an all start in T-Mac who can play like a superstar when he wants to just rarely does it and a bunch of one dimensional role players.

exactly.

tmac is a superstar when he wants to be; yao can be a borderline superstar at his best.

and the role players are inconsistent.

Return to Houston Rockets