ImageImage

Official Rockets (15-17) vs Magic (22-12) Game Thread

Moderators: ken6199, TMU

Iggyemu
RealGM
And1: 0

Post#161 » by Iggyemu » Sat Jan 5, 2008 3:22 am

Perfect example of how you win on the road against good teams. Stay close..give yourself a chance and things will break your way more often than not.
"One Ring makes a Champion......Six Rings make a Legend" - Michael Jeffrey Jordan
compucomp
Banned User

Post#162 » by compucomp » Sat Jan 5, 2008 3:24 am

Iggyemu wrote:Perfect example of how you win on the road against good teams. Stay close..give yourself a chance and things will break your way more often than not.

You have some crow to eat with the Yao-Howard thing. Yao significantly outplayed Howard tonight.
RoxFan08
Veteran
And1: 1

Post#163 » by RoxFan08 » Sat Jan 5, 2008 3:27 am

^

I agree, but Howard did have a blocked shot AND had 1 TO to Yao's 4. That said, Yao had some serious BS calls (the "offensive foul" where Howard ran into an unmoving Yao while luther head went for the fast break layup stands out).
Iggyemu
RealGM

Post#164 » by Iggyemu » Sat Jan 5, 2008 3:34 am

compucomp wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

You have some crow to eat with the Yao-Howard thing. Yao significantly outplayed Howard tonight.

Didn't watch the game. Gonna in a bit. And I don't care really. I'll eat all the crow you can dish out as long as we win.

This is way past now but Howard did outplay Yao in the first meeting whether you admit that or not. I was on the general board getting general opinions after that game and everyone in the thread...even Rocket fans...agreed with that.

Yao needs to be consistently good. He has more of a burden than Howard does...Howard has way more help. They way Yao can solidify himself as the best center in the league is not through 1 or 2 head to head matchups with Howard but to carry his team on his back for the rest of the season and get us into the playoffs. Thats all it would take. No more blunder games like he had in Boston the other night. Or the ones he had against GS. Yao simply has to carry us and there will be no doubt he is the best at his position.
"One Ring makes a Champion......Six Rings make a Legend" - Michael Jeffrey Jordan
zuppafly
Assistant Coach
And1: 990

Post#165 » by zuppafly » Sat Jan 5, 2008 3:35 am

RoxFan08 wrote:^

I agree, but Howard did have a blocked shot AND had 1 TO to Yao's 4. That said, Yao had some serious BS calls (the "offensive foul" where Howard ran into an unmoving Yao while luther head went for the fast break layup stands out).

IMO we're talking about the two best centers in the league. Every time they play eachother one will outplay the other. Tonight Yao was better than Dwight, no question about it. Dwight was on an off-night. Next time? We won't know. I just think that once both have reached such a high level it makes no sense to compare them based on one night.

On the refs: my goodness... the league should make a tape out of this game and make some forced sessions "clockwork orange"-like to the every ref so they learn that's not the way to officiate a game. Both teams should complain about how they got treated tonight... and that last call, man, there are no words to describe that.

Anyway, we'll beat you next time ;)
Shabi__5
Head Coach

Post#166 » by Shabi__5 » Sat Jan 5, 2008 3:43 am

zuppafly wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

IMO we're talking about the two best centers in the league. Every time they play eachother one will outplay the other. Tonight Yao was better than Dwight, no question about it. Dwight was on an off-night. Next time? We won't know. I just think that once both have reached such a high level it makes no sense to compare them based on one night.

On the refs: my goodness... the league should make a tape out of this game and make some forced sessions "clockwork orange"-like to the every ref so they learn that's not the way to officiate a game. Both teams should complain about how they got treated tonight... and that last call, man, there are no words to describe that.

Anyway, we'll beat you next time ;)

About the refs one iof the problems imo is that they are asked to do to much , all the hand checking rules on the perimeter and that stuff.
The league needs to get rid of that , there are so many fouls called away from the ball in the NBA , and they MUST stop buying all the flops , some of the flops the refs buy really makes you think , Are they really that stupid to buy that?
CuttingEdge
Banned User

Post#167 » by CuttingEdge » Sat Jan 5, 2008 3:45 am

[quote="Iggyemu"][/quote]

I thought Yao had a pretty solid game against the Celtics. The help defense Yao offered left KG open but come on, the guys shouldn't have let their man go. Yao was aggressive and got more than a couple dunks on the Celtics especially in KG's face and he had Pollard and Perkins foul out. You didn't watch the game did you? Rox could have won that game but ran out of gas once they led and couldn't maintain. That's all. Watch the game next time.
MaxRider
RealGM
And1: 5,805

Post#168 » by MaxRider » Sat Jan 5, 2008 3:46 am

CuttingEdge wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I thought Yao had a pretty solid game against the Celtics. The help defense Yao offered left KG open but come on, the guys shouldn't have let their man go. Yao was aggressive and got more than a couple dunks on the Celtics especially in KG's face and he had Pollard and Perkins foul out. You didn't watch the game did you? Rox could have won that game but ran out of gas once they led and couldn't maintain. That's all. Watch the game next time.

and Howard tonight
that's 3 centers in 2 games
Shabi__5
Head Coach

Post#169 » by Shabi__5 » Sat Jan 5, 2008 3:49 am

Really imporant game against the Knicks tommorow , if we lose it this game menas nothing.
The Knicks have talent and if you give them confidence they can hurt you.
Playing hard and competing is the key , if we do that we have a very good chance of winning even if we don't play very well.
Shabi__5
Head Coach

Post#170 » by Shabi__5 » Sat Jan 5, 2008 3:50 am

Dallas are losing to the Heat without Wade and Shaq
MaxRider
RealGM
And1: 5,805

Post#171 » by MaxRider » Sat Jan 5, 2008 3:53 am

Shabi__5 wrote:Dallas are losing to the Heat without Wade and Shaq

Dallas -16 for the 2nd half
i want to bet on Dallas
nyk_buc
Head Coach
And1: 58

Post#172 » by nyk_buc » Sat Jan 5, 2008 3:57 am

Shabi__5 wrote:Dallas are losing to the Heat without Wade and Shaq

players do step up and take pride when their stars are out, just like our players are right now with tmac.

they're all pros. believe it or not, 99% of NBA players have pride, even players like ricky davis
CuttingEdge
Banned User

Post#173 » by CuttingEdge » Sat Jan 5, 2008 4:00 am

MaxRider wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

and Howard tonight
that's 3 centers in 2 games

Yao is not weak by any means. Honestly, I think at this point he's physically stronger than Shaq. The man makes Howard, the supposedly best 5 in the league, cower. Yao might not have a power game but with shots not falling of late the man is dunking like never b4. I think these past 2 games, Yao has dunked the ball more than he ever did in any stretch. The man is a Work Horse and always was with the legs to prove it. How could anybody not give props?
A.J.
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#174 » by A.J. » Sat Jan 5, 2008 6:21 am

yes im 2-0 in my first season doing game threads :clap:

go rockets!
Secret Lover14
Sixth Man
And1: 2,419

Post#175 » by Secret Lover14 » Sat Jan 5, 2008 7:35 am

nice win by Houston

our role players are stepping