Mccants Friend or Foe?

Fantasy Ball talk.

Moderators: floppymoose, Curtis Lemansky

Mikchek
Sixth Man
And1: 5

Mccants Friend or Foe? 

Post#1 » by Mikchek » Sat Jan 5, 2008 3:46 am

I always had faith in Mccants no matter inconsistency on the court because he was getting minutes...then he fell into the coaches dog house and the minutes were gone as well...big game tonight....but is he back for good?...I just dropped him but if he is gonna play I will pick him up again....
edcoche
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#2 » by edcoche » Sat Jan 5, 2008 4:36 am

I'm not a McCants fan. I'd find somebody else.
Mikchek
Sixth Man

Post#3 » by Mikchek » Sat Jan 5, 2008 5:43 am

edcoche wrote:I'm not a McCants fan. I'd find somebody else.

yeah but do you take personal preferences into account when it comes to fantasy?....I have a lot of people on my team I am not a fan of...I just need somebody who is gonna consistently knock down the tre for me night in and night out....

why aren't you a mccants fan? What do you think of Jones out in Portland?...he has been big from downtown since his days in Pho
weeezy
Senior

Post#4 » by weeezy » Sat Jan 5, 2008 6:36 am

I personally find that the fanntasy value of the entire timberwolves very annoying (with the exception of al jeff)..

You never know who is gonna step up as the second best performer. One day it could be McCants, Jaric, Telfair, Gomes, Brewer, or Green. All very inconsistent if you ask me.
edcoche
Sophomore

Post#5 » by edcoche » Sat Jan 5, 2008 6:38 am

Mikchek wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

yeah but do you take personal preferences into account when it comes to fantasy?....I have a lot of people on my team I am not a fan of...I just need somebody who is gonna consistently knock down the tre for me night in and night out....

why aren't you a mccants fan? What do you think of Jones out in Portland?...he has been big from downtown since his days in Pho

Only if its a complete tossup b/w the other alternative. Then and only then will I go with a player I personally like. After all, it's about having the best possible team but in a toss up it's more fun rooting for a player you like. I got a bunch of players I dislike on my teams but when they put up #'s you cant argue with that. If it's b/w McCants or Jones then I guess I'd go with McCants. Is Gibson, Korver, Keith Bogans or Francisco Garcia available? Garcia would be a short term solution as Bibby and Martin will be back with the kings soon. Although Francisco has proved himself to coach Theus, who interestingly enough, was an assistant coach while Garcia was playing college ball @ Louisville. They got that bond and I think the kings coach gets him in the game for that reason sometimes. Korver was brought to Utah for his 3 point ability--look into him. I guess I dont like McCants for the same reasons as you, inconsistent minutes and shooting. The T-PUPS are the closest NBA franchise to where I live (at the moment--going back to DENVER for good soon) Anyways, they are the worst team in the league and the coach is trying out different combos in a desperate attempt to find something that will work. I don't think their coach Randy Wittman wants to go down in history as the coach to one of the worst teams in the history of the game--they are sort if on pace for it. So I think that explains part of his minutes issues.

Any advice for me on my dilemma? My thread is the one with the poll b/w Okur and Bargnani??
Mikchek
Sixth Man

Post#6 » by Mikchek » Sat Jan 5, 2008 1:17 pm

Korver was just dropped...but I noticed that he only gets 11 minutes a game...even when Mccants is doing bad he gets more than 11 minutes...I'm from Minny so maybe I'm a bit bias...maybe I'm still hurt from losing KG....but it just seems when Mccants is on he is on....but he is just a tease...I swear I have added him and dropped him at least 3 times....that is almost as many times as I have added and dropped Sean Williams.....ahhhhhhh I just want to get into the playoffs
Mikchek
Sixth Man

Post#7 » by Mikchek » Sat Jan 5, 2008 1:20 pm

edcoche wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Any advice for me on my dilemma? My thread is the one with the poll b/w Okur and Bargnani??

I couldn't find your quote so I will answer here...are you trading okur for Bargnani? dropping one for the other?....
edcoche
Sophomore

Post#8 » by edcoche » Sat Jan 5, 2008 9:33 pm

Mikchek wrote:Korver was just dropped...but I noticed that he only gets 11 minutes a game...even when Mccants is doing bad he gets more than 11 minutes...I'm from Minny so maybe I'm a bit bias...maybe I'm still hurt from losing KG....but it just seems when Mccants is on he is on....but he is just a tease...I swear I have added him and dropped him at least 3 times....that is almost as many times as I have added and dropped Sean Williams.....ahhhhhhh I just want to get into the playoffs

Through 2 games with his new team Korver is seeing 11 minutes per. I think once he gets used to Sloan's system Korver could see 20 - 25 minutes regularly and if he shoots the 3 well and plays good D (which is what Sloan greatly desires) he could get starters minutes. I wouldn't overlook him.

My thread was titled "Seeking advice on a FA pickup, 2 guys virtually identical?!?" http://www.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=746848

After some thought I m leaning towards Okur, especially if he has a good game tonight.

I know what you mean on the adding and dropping players. Raja Bell has been added and dropped by me a few times already but I have made up my mind on Bell--he is in decline and will have a great game every week or so, not enough for my roster space anymore the way he has been shooting and there are no cats for defensive ability beyond steals. Your right about McCants, when he's ON, he really is ON. You can lock him in for one really solid game per week which is still worth something in a deep league and since your a Minny boy its always nice rooting for home team ballers. I say rock McCants for a bit and monitor Korver's adaption to Sloan's system in Utah--minutes will come his way. Brewer could crack under the pressure knowing his minutes are in jeopardy.
brown_kids
Junior

Post#9 » by brown_kids » Sat Jan 5, 2008 10:00 pm

too inconsistent for my liking. However, when he is hot, he is HOT (no homo)
Mikchek
Sixth Man

Post#10 » by Mikchek » Sun Jan 6, 2008 1:35 am

maybe I should drop Bell and pick up Korver
limpdilznik
Bench Warmer
And1: 3

Post#11 » by limpdilznik » Mon Jan 7, 2008 12:55 am

mccants is friend in daily leagues
foe in weekly leagues
Scottie Pippen: We were just very confidence