Shane Battier, SF( PPG: 8,3 ; RPG: 4.9)

Chuck Hayes, PF(RPG: 6,3)

Yao Ming, C(PPG: 21,6 ; RPG: 10,6)

Matchup of the Game:
Yao against Haywood.

VS

Go Rockets!!!!!! :clap:

Edit: Some links
SI power rankings( Rockets at 12, Wizards at 17): http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/marty_burns/01/07/power.rankings/1.html
ESPN power rankings(Wizards at 14, Rockets at 16):
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/powerranking?season=2008&week=10
Article in the Chronicle: http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/bk/bkn/5435511.html
NBA.Com Game Preview:
http://www.nba.com/games/20080108/HOUWAS/preview.html?nav=scoreboardhome
T-Mac United wrote:You mean 99% of the posts in the game thread is b.s.. We have some of the best posters in our board and I won't call their posts b.s.

Houston Rockets RealGM Board FTW
dunleavyjr
General Manager
And1: 54

Post#2 » by dunleavyjr » Tue Jan 8, 2008 10:09 am

I smell a victory for the Rockets. Haywood will foul out in 10 minutes.
Shabi__5
Head Coach
And1: 0

Post#3 » by Shabi__5 » Tue Jan 8, 2008 12:32 pm

I hope we can pull this one out , it can give us a huge momentum boost , after them we have the Knick and Wolves 20-17 is much better than 19-18 possibly.
I want to see what AB can do since Daniels is 6'4 and the backup Mason is 6'5.
Battier will be a key defensively on Butler , I hope he contaibs him some and doesn't show again how overrated he is one on one defense.
Baller 24
RealGM
And1: 18

Post#4 » by Baller 24 » Tue Jan 8, 2008 1:58 pm

No Arenas...no problem...
Their going to have a problem stopping Yao, just like they did last season, I think Yao fouled out like 3 big men that game too.
Transistor
Bench Warmer
And1: 216

Post#5 » by Transistor » Tue Jan 8, 2008 3:32 pm

Yao needs to have a big game

Keep the ball moving, cut, be aggressive, and attack
Amel
Banned User

Post#6 » by Amel » Tue Jan 8, 2008 7:38 pm

blowout

in on page 1!
MaxRider
RealGM
And1: 5,805

Post#7 » by MaxRider » Tue Jan 8, 2008 7:41 pm

Butler had been playing really well without Arenas
Battier is going to have his hands full defending him
hayden
Veteran
And1: 548

Post#8 » by hayden » Tue Jan 8, 2008 8:49 pm

3 game win streak without Tmac? Yeah right. I don't care if all three games are against the Wolves, this ain't happening. I predict a loss.
LarsV8 wrote:[Jeremy Lin] just isn't very good.
MaxRider
RealGM
And1: 5,805

Post#9 » by MaxRider » Tue Jan 8, 2008 9:13 pm

hayden wrote:3 game win streak without Tmac? Yeah right. I don't care if all three games are against the Wolves, this ain't happening. I predict a loss.

why not?
Wizards are rolling without Arenas too
why can't we rolling without T-Mac?
Baller 24
RealGM

Post#10 » by Baller 24 » Tue Jan 8, 2008 9:18 pm

hayden wrote:3 game win streak without Tmac? Yeah right. I don't care if all three games are against the Wolves, this ain't happening. I predict a loss.

....We have played terrific defense without Tmac, and played very well, our role players have stepped up and have done a great job. We almost beat the Celtics of all teams....Teams like the Nuggets, Lakers have gotten blown out by them. I think we come in here with a lot of confidence and with the offense working like the way it has been the past couple of games, I have no doubt we get the win. Btw, the Warriors in the past have had a tough time against Yao, I rmr last year they used about 4 Centers, in which Yao fouled out 3.
ballinforkeeps
Banned User
And1: 3

Post#11 » by ballinforkeeps » Tue Jan 8, 2008 10:00 pm

remember wat happened last time when we played the wiz? yao ming injured all their bigs.

they dont have arenas, we dont have tmac, should be able to win.
dlts20
RealGM
And1: 6,194

Post#12 » by dlts20 » Tue Jan 8, 2008 10:23 pm

Wiz fan here and I think you guys are sleeping on us. We have played very good ball this year without Gil when we are otherwise healthy. After the slow start we were 13-5 until AD went down for like 8 games. In those games we struggled because we had no other PG. Now that he's back we are winning again.

I definatly think you guys are sleeping on the Center matchup. No doubt Yao is the best Center in the league right now but Wood is the best low post defender in the league. Yao played great against us last year but Wood played him very well the other years. Also last year, Wood didnt start in either game and only played 6 minutes in the 2nd game before leaving with a injury. Yao killed us because he was always matched up against Etan who is basically like 6'8. Go check the numbers of Wood against Shaq, Howard, Jermaine Oneal, Z, and any other big man. They never score on him and they all say he guards them better then anyone else. JVG said the samething about Wood when it comes to Yao. On top of that Wood is beasting this year. Obviously not in a Yao type way but he can basically get a double double every night while completely shuting down the opposing Center. I also think that Blatche can give him some trouble, espically on O with his quickness so Yao definatly wont have a easy match tonight.

Our D has also been pretty good since we got Randy Ayers this year. I think we will give you guys alot of trouble and will definatly win without T-mac
dontel
Analyst

Post#13 » by dontel » Tue Jan 8, 2008 10:48 pm

we can score more against them, so i predict a win
where its hard to get past the 1st rd because of injuries...happens
DraftBoy10
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#14 » by DraftBoy10 » Tue Jan 8, 2008 11:09 pm

dlts20 wrote:Wiz fan here and I think you guys are sleeping on us. We have played very good ball this year without Gil when we are otherwise healthy. After the slow start we were 13-5 until AD went down for like 8 games. In those games we struggled because we had no other PG. Now that he's back we are winning again.

I definatly think you guys are sleeping on the Center matchup. No doubt Yao is the best Center in the league right now but Wood is the best low post defender in the league. Yao played great against us last year but Wood played him very well the other years. Also last year, Wood didnt start in either game and only played 6 minutes in the 2nd game before leaving with a injury. Yao killed us because he was always matched up against Etan who is basically like 6'8. Go check the numbers of Wood against Shaq, Howard, Jermaine Oneal, Z, and any other big man. They never score on him and they all say he guards them better then anyone else. JVG said the samething about Wood when it comes to Yao. On top of that Wood is beasting this year. Obviously not in a Yao type way but he can basically get a double double every night while completely shuting down the opposing Center. I also think that Blatche can give him some trouble, espically on O with his quickness so Yao definatly wont have a easy match tonight.

Our D has also been pretty good since we got Randy Ayers this year. I think we will give you guys alot of trouble and will definatly win without T-mac

Haha. Okay.

I think you are sleeping on us if you really believe that. Watch how we've been playing lately, it's not luck that we've been able to beat the Magic, Raptors, and were able to comeback from a 20-point deficit against the Celtics.

Bottom line is we are playing great team basketball, and that's what matters most. I hope that great team basketball on both sides of the court can overcome Wood's presence.
TMACFORMVP
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 161

Post#15 » by TMACFORMVP » Tue Jan 8, 2008 11:16 pm

Yeah everybody in this thread has really underrated what the Wizards can do.

They've been playing great basketball, are at 17-15 and that's considering the 0-5 start they got off to. Butler has played as well as any player in the entire league and Jamison is putting up 20 and 10 (what's kind of funny is, he's putting up better rebounding and scoring numbers than Yao, obviously Yao is more efficient and the MUCH better defender but something I was surprised when I saw his stats a couple weeks ago) and other guys like Daniels, Stevenson, Blatche can hurt you on any given night.

We always do this, come in thinking we are the superior team on the ROAD and ending up in for a big surprise. Battier's defense and Haywood's defense on Yao really should be what determines the match-up.

I frankly am not expecting a win, but it's definitely possible.
Baller 24
RealGM

Post#16 » by Baller 24 » Tue Jan 8, 2008 11:54 pm

dockingsched wrote: the biggest loss of the off-season for the lakers was earl clark
CuttingEdge
Banned User

Post#17 » by CuttingEdge » Tue Jan 8, 2008 11:58 pm

I actually grew up in the D.C. area and am visiting my parents here. But guess what? Wizards gonna get knock da fuq out!
McTracy
Rookie

Post#18 » by McTracy » Tue Jan 8, 2008 11:59 pm

Gotta be a togh game, we just need to play our game offensivy and defensivly, like we have been doin' past 2 games.

I'm realy lokin' forward Friday cause I cannot wait when will we see Tracy again in the game. We need to pick up a game winnin' streak right now. We are playin' really well, we need to continue that.

Go Rockets !
IT'S TIME
McTracy
Rookie

Post#19 » by McTracy » Wed Jan 9, 2008 12:02 am

nsballer07 wrote:http://www.nba.com/games/20061209/HOUWAS/boxscore.html

http://www.nba.com/games/20061122/WASHOU/boxscore.html

Past 2 meetings, Yao has been a monster.

That's what he needs to do tonight, especially without Tracy for 2 more games. It will be all about Yao next 2 games.
IT'S TIME
TMACFORMVP
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 161

Post#20 » by TMACFORMVP » Wed Jan 9, 2008 12:25 am

Yao's second foul.

Return to Houston Rockets