[AUDIO] ESPN's Ric Bucher REALLY hates on T-MAC/Rockets

Moderators: ken6199, TMU

Rocketsterps
Bench Warmer
And1: 1

[AUDIO] ESPN's Ric Bucher REALLY hates on T-MAC/Rockets 

Post#1 » by Rocketsterps » Tue Jan 8, 2008 6:10 am

Richard Justice interview with Ric Bucher

Interview W/ ESPN's Ric Bucher in which he really hates on TMac/Rockets for their slow start after he predicted us to win the west at the start of the season.

It's the third one under the Richard Justice section.

http://www.1560thegame.com/page1_sub.php?id=153

By the end of Feb. we will be the comeback story of the league. Mark my words! It will be funny to see all the haters jock us again.

ROCKETS OVER BOSTON IN 7!
2008-09 Championship Depth Chart
1) Ben Gordon/ Aaron Brooks/ Rafer Alston
2)Tracy McGrady/ B. Barry/ V. Wafer
3) Shane Battier/ R. Artest/ C. Hayes
4) Luis Scola/C. Landry/Joey Dorsey
5) Yao/ D. Mutumbo/Sean Williams
BaYBaller
Veteran
And1: 116

Post#2 » by BaYBaller » Tue Jan 8, 2008 6:47 am

I could've sworn I heard the exact same comments in a Richard Justice interviewee a week or 2 back. A writer from Chicago I think. It was almost like deja vu really.
etopn23
Head Coach
And1: 160

Post#3 » by etopn23 » Tue Jan 8, 2008 8:42 am

Yay, more ragging on Mcgrady while he's injured. ;D
Baller 24
RealGM
And1: 18

Post#4 » by Baller 24 » Tue Jan 8, 2008 1:59 pm

**** the haters.....Tmac will prove em wrong again.
dockingsched wrote: the biggest loss of the off-season for the lakers was earl clark
houstonboy01
Sixth Man
And1: 11

Post#5 » by houstonboy01 » Tue Jan 8, 2008 4:06 pm

etopn23 wrote:Yay, more ragging on Mcgrady while he's injured. ;D
and when he plays the Rockets are 12-12 and he averaging under 23 ppg on 44% shooting.... He isnt doing anything amazing and deserves to be criticized.
moofs
General Manager
And1: 537
Location: "if the warriors win the title this season ill tattoo their logo in my di ck" -- 000001

Post#6 » by moofs » Tue Jan 8, 2008 4:28 pm

houstonboy01 wrote:and when he plays the Rockets are 12-12 and he averaging under 23 ppg on 44% shooting.... He isnt doing anything amazing and deserves to be criticized.

Whoa, hey now. Don't go throwing around reality like that.
Morey 2020.

Q:How are they experts when they're always wrong?
A:Ask a stock market analyst or your financial advisor
Baller 24
RealGM
And1: 18

Post#7 » by Baller 24 » Tue Jan 8, 2008 5:28 pm

houstonboy01 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

and when he plays the Rockets are 12-12 and he averaging under 23 ppg on 44% shooting.... He isnt doing anything amazing and deserves to be criticized.

Umm and that was AFTER his elbow injury....The Rockets were 6-1 the way he started out, he was averaging 26pts, 5ast, and 5reb, on 47% shooting before that Luke Walton cheap shot.
etopn23
Head Coach

Post#8 » by etopn23 » Tue Jan 8, 2008 7:12 pm

houstonboy01 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

If you took out the games he left due to injury he was a 46% shooter - which is MUCH better than anyone else on that team on the perimeter DESPITE the fact he was playing injured for awhile. Hell if you took out the games he was forced to play injured (those last 3-4) it would be even higher. But hey - why not skew the stats.

Lets look at FG% - Yao's shooting 48.7% on the season, he's averaging 3.57 t/os a game but despite all that - since the Rocket's have gone an amazing 4-2 since Mac went down it must be his fault.

We beat Orlando who was lost to every team over .500 they've played since Dec. 7th, the unbelievable Memphis Grizzlies, the great Toronto Raptors, and the almighty Knicks.

It's sick seeing how after 6 games against crap teams (we lost to the only decent teams we played (GSW,BOS) people are trying to say this team is better with Mcgrady out. Yao didn't receive the same criticism last season when he was out 30 games and Mcgrady did virtually the same thing, only better.

How are you going to pin the Rockets record on JUST MCGRADY. It makes NO SENSE. He was doing virtually everything BETTER than anyone else on this team until the knee injury. He was playing good D, he was clearly setting Yao up better than anyone else on this team could, he was a dependable option on offense. How freaking shortsighted can you be? Seriously? Go back to clutchfans.
Amel
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#9 » by Amel » Tue Jan 8, 2008 7:31 pm

Ric Buchner was always on point, I didn't hear the audio as I'm at work but he is probably right
Rockets05
Sophomore
And1: 2

Post#10 » by Rockets05 » Tue Jan 8, 2008 8:35 pm

Man I was one of the biggest T-Mac homers since his days in orlando and defended him...But Ric's analysis pertaining T-Mac's skill level is on point. He is and will always be a tease to this leauge. He will never be in the same level as Kobe. I feel bad for all the criticism my favorite player of the league is getting but he deserves it. Injury prone, can't lead a team even with Yao and little above sub par talent, and will always live and die by the jumper.
Rockets05
Sophomore

Post#11 » by Rockets05 » Tue Jan 8, 2008 8:38 pm

Mcgrady playing good D this season? Are you serious man? I've watched EVERY single Rocket game this season on my DVR and his D is not as good as yesteryear. I've seen him get blown past by so many times it's not even funny. Homerism really bugs me because they can't accept reality. You have the real analysts on ESPN, TNT, NBA Commentators saying the same exact thing but Rocket forums always find an excuse to defend it. I know the truth hurts but just accept it.
etopn23
Head Coach

Post#12 » by etopn23 » Tue Jan 8, 2008 11:38 pm

Rockets05 wrote:Mcgrady playing good D this season? Are you serious man? I've watched EVERY single Rocket game this season on my DVR and his D is not as good as yesteryear. I've seen him get blown past by so many times it's not even funny. Homerism really bugs me because they can't accept reality. You have the real analysts on ESPN, TNT, NBA Commentators saying the same exact thing but Rocket forums always find an excuse to defend it. I know the truth hurts but just accept it.
Go find a commentator THIS SEASON who has complained about Mcgrady's D. Please, don't pass off your own conjecture as fact.
McGrady2Head
Rookie

Post#13 » by McGrady2Head » Wed Jan 9, 2008 12:11 am

nsballer07 wrote:**** the haters.....Tmac will prove em wrong again.

dude, hes a lazy jump shooter, nothing more. he doesnt have the passion or drive to prove anyone wrong
Rockets05
Sophomore

Post#14 » by Rockets05 » Wed Jan 9, 2008 12:24 am

etopn23 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Go find a commentator THIS SEASON who has complained about Mcgrady's D. Please, don't pass off your own conjecture as fact.

Actually that part of my post was meant for my first post above regarding the criticism he's been receiving. But do you really believe his D this season has been good? Whoever said he will prove the haters wrong, I really hope so man. I hope he proves them wrong as well but right now he deserves all this.
Rockets05
Sophomore

Post#15 » by Rockets05 » Wed Jan 9, 2008 12:37 am

grond
Senior

Post#16 » by grond » Wed Jan 9, 2008 4:00 am

The comments re:Adelman v JVG w.r.t. the press were interesting.

What he's saying essentially is that we're never going to get a straight up answer from Adelman concerning internal problems/possible issues with the team. Nothing exceptionally unusual, except that he's being called out for it in particular. hmmm.

As for the T-Mac hate, like BaYballer said, we've heard it all before (justified or not)

Return to Houston Rockets