ImageImage

Rockets(17-17)@ Wizards(17-15) Game Thread

Moderators: ken6199, TMU

Teckon
Assistant Coach
And1: 30

Post#81 » by Teckon » Wed Jan 9, 2008 2:21 am

18-17 Need to continue to do well agains the knicks. Luckily, the tough matches against NO, SA, Utah and GS are all home games and I like our chances better at home.
grond
Senior
And1: 0

Post#82 » by grond » Wed Jan 9, 2008 2:22 am

MaxRider wrote:praise to Battier for doing a good job defending Butler

Amen.
midnight
Rookie

Post#83 » by midnight » Wed Jan 9, 2008 2:22 am

no **** way luther only had 4 TOs, when the guy has ball on his hands, he is either turnover or shoot a 3.
Teckon
Assistant Coach

Post#84 » by Teckon » Wed Jan 9, 2008 2:24 am

midnight wrote:no **** way luther only had 4 TOs, when the guy has ball on his hands, he is either turnover or shoot a 3.

Good thing he shot 66% of his 3 today :)

He also has 2 assists and 2 steals to make up for his 4 TO. Overall a good game from Head.
Guy986
RealGM
And1: 647

Post#85 » by Guy986 » Wed Jan 9, 2008 2:24 am

midnight wrote:no **** way luther only had 4 TOs, when the guy has ball on his hands, he is either turnover or shoot a 3.

Before i checked the boxscore, i thought he had atleast 7 or 8. I guess the other TOs didn't count on him.
Jaykoolzboy
Assistant Coach
And1: 96

Post#86 » by Jaykoolzboy » Wed Jan 9, 2008 2:25 am

Before the season starts I predicted that Rockets may need more than 40 game to adjust their playing style under Adelman. It's getting better, but I think they probably need another 8-10 games to glue things up.

Btw Rockets fan dun worry our team, we will make to the playoffs no matter what, it just the matter of how far can we go in the playoffs.
DynastySS
General Manager
And1: 1,936

Post#87 » by DynastySS » Wed Jan 9, 2008 2:25 am

Great game! Yao's shots werent going down nec, but he played solid D, passed great and led pretty well.

Battier and Scola were MONSTERS on the offensive boards. Holy smokes!

Head and Alston played awesome. I am a huge Gayfer skip to my poo Alston, but he has played amazing lately.
omnificent wrote:The fact you doubt that Barnes is a better player than Green discredits anything you have to say about this team. You're either blind or don't watch Warriors games. Even the most delusional Green groupie wouldn't doubt that Barnes is the better player
Crackfool
Bench Warmer
And1: 27

Post#88 » by Crackfool » Wed Jan 9, 2008 2:25 am

For a guy who is strictly a spot-up shooter, Luther Head is a surprisingly good scorer when he starts and gets good minutes,
Jaykoolzboy
Assistant Coach
And1: 96

Post#89 » by Jaykoolzboy » Wed Jan 9, 2008 2:29 am

Crackfool wrote:For a guy who is strictly a spot-up shooter, Luther Head is a surprisingly good scorer when he starts and gets good minutes,

It's a complete waste of time when we play Mike James, Francis over Rafer and Luther.
Baller 24
RealGM
And1: 18

Post#90 » by Baller 24 » Wed Jan 9, 2008 2:33 am

Jaykoolzboy wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

It's a complete waste of time when we play Mike James, Francis over Rafer and Luther.

Yeah the past seems to have changed..
Transistor
Bench Warmer
And1: 216

Post#91 » by Transistor » Wed Jan 9, 2008 2:37 am

Luther w/ a great game but has to be more careful with his passes

Scola getting boards and hustling as usual

Overall our passing is looking better and better each game...the Bonzi pass in transition to Scola for an open layup and the pass from Yao underneath to Hayes for the open layup....this is what I like to see

Lets keep it going against the Knicks
etopn23
Head Coach
And1: 160

Post#92 » by etopn23 » Wed Jan 9, 2008 3:03 am

Good win, the next game should be winnable also. Damn the schedule looks nice all of a sudden.
RoxFan08
Veteran
And1: 1

Post#93 » by RoxFan08 » Wed Jan 9, 2008 3:09 am

etopn23 wrote:Good win, the next game should be winnable also. Damn the schedule looks nice all of a sudden.

Until the Hornets come to town next week, lol. I checked Hollinger's SOS (strength of schedule) rating today, and sure enough, we've had the toughest schedule in the NBA as of today.
MaxRider
RealGM
And1: 5,805

Post#94 » by MaxRider » Wed Jan 9, 2008 3:09 am

Jaykoolzboy wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

at least it showed to those Alston haters how important he is to this team
nyk_buc
Head Coach
And1: 58

Post#95 » by nyk_buc » Wed Jan 9, 2008 3:22 am

as i have said all along, playing luther and brooks is the REAL turning point this season.

ever since tmac went out, yao really one had 2 great games offensively. yet we still played superb basketball even in the losses. it's b/c brooks, head, and luther (basically all the guards) have picked up on the offense and are playing beautifully.

man, i'm truly impressed with alston. i just think JVG really destroyed everybody's game.

well except for battier b/c he sucks more now.
MaxRider
RealGM
And1: 5,805

Post#96 » by MaxRider » Wed Jan 9, 2008 3:25 am

nyk_buc wrote:as i have said all along, playing luther and brooks is the REAL turning point this season.

ever since tmac went out, yao really one had 2 great games offensively. yet we still played superb basketball even in the losses. it's b/c brooks, head, and luther (basically all the guards) have picked up on the offense and are playing beautifully.

man, i'm truly impressed with alston. i just think JVG really destroyed everybody's game.

well except for battier b/c he sucks more now.

aren't those two names belong to the same person?

i hope it's JVG that's holding Alston back
if it's really T-Mac then we are doom
nyk_buc
Head Coach
And1: 58

Post#97 » by nyk_buc » Wed Jan 9, 2008 3:33 am

MaxRider wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

tmac doesn't hold anyone back. it's just that tmac got the system down earlier on (that's why he was on a tear and everyone sucked). but then adelman saw that only tmac got it, so he wants to ease the rest in by running a few old JVG plays so they get some familiarity. that put the onus back on tmac. what made it worse is that JVG offense was even worse + everybody couldn't shoot.

tmac was extremely frustrated when all the D was on him and nobody else could help him out outside of yao so he did take some very bad shots for a stretch of 2-3 games.

then he got injured.

FINALLY THEN BROOKS AND HEAD WERE INSERTED. head is a shooter. when he's in the game, shooting got better. naturally, the offense can run better b/c head and brooks push the tempo. francis and james didn't, along with tmac at times (but that was when everyone sucked and he got frustrated).

now when tmac returns, he sees a lot of improvement and will fit into the system perfectly.

people forget tmac was scoring OFF THE BALL a lot early on. AND he ran the fastbreak A TON (see the first 4 games).

so he'll be fine. i expect him to resume his scoring ways earlier in the season except on lesser shots b/c he might be used on the wing as a playmaker ala webber.
Teckon
Assistant Coach

Post#98 » by Teckon » Wed Jan 9, 2008 3:37 am

nyk_buc wrote:

tmac doesn't hold anyone back. it's just that tmac got the system down earlier on (that's why he was on a tear and everyone sucked). but then adelman saw that only tmac got it, so he wants to ease the rest in by running a few old JVG plays so they get some familiarity. that put the onus back on tmac. what made it worse is that JVG offense was even worse + everybody couldn't shoot.

tmac was extremely frustrated when all the D was on him and nobody else could help him out outside of yao so he did take some very bad shots for a stretch of 2-3 games.

then he got injured.

FINALLY THEN BROOKS AND HEAD WERE INSERTED. head is a shooter. when he's in the game, shooting got better. naturally, the offense can run better b/c head and brooks push the tempo. francis and james didn't, along with tmac at times (but that was when everyone sucked and he got frustrated).

now when tmac returns, he sees a lot of improvement and will fit into the system perfectly.

people forget tmac was scoring OFF THE BALL a lot early on. AND he ran the fastbreak A TON (see the first 4 games).

so he'll be fine. i expect him to resume his scoring ways earlier in the season except on lesser shots b/c he might be used on the wing as a playmaker ala webber.

I hope you are right. Need Tmac to play with the offense flow and give Rockets a huge lift off to an extensive winning streak.
:pray:
TMACFORMVP
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 161

Post#99 » by TMACFORMVP » Wed Jan 9, 2008 3:47 am

at least it showed to those Alston haters how important he is to this team

Yeah he really has been fantastic past couple weeks, can only hope he can keep it up. Alston I believe is now shooting 40% from the field!
Amel
Banned User

Post#100 » by Amel » Wed Jan 9, 2008 5:04 am

good game

Scola and Battier had a bad day...Alston and Head were money

Return to Houston Rockets