ImageImage

Game Thread: Charlotte v. New Jersey 1-8-08

Moderators: JDR720, Diop, fatlever, yosemiteben, BigSlam

Bowens
Inactive user
Inactive user
And1: 1

Post#61 » by Bowens » Wed Jan 9, 2008 2:20 am

Jeez Sam, almost a little too late on that time out. :-?
BigSlam
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 8,358

Post#62 » by BigSlam » Wed Jan 9, 2008 2:26 am

Isn't it quaint to see the Felts - Hammer - JRich - Crash - EO50 line up and only 25mins of McMinus?
B B M F 'ers
Bowens
Inactive user
Inactive user

Post#63 » by Bowens » Wed Jan 9, 2008 2:33 am

BigSlam wrote:Isn't it quaint to see the Felts - Hammer - JRich - Crash - EO50 line up and only 25mins of McMinus?

Yes they rocked the house tonight. tough dishing out the hammers tonight, everyone deserved one. except for McMinus
Ballings7
RealGM
And1: 1,474

Post#64 » by Ballings7 » Wed Jan 9, 2008 2:39 am

Ballings7 wrote:Cats win by 5

Bowens wrote::crazy:

Damn I'm pretty good

Obviously didn't get the margin, but had the main result right :)

Much needed, solid win right there, being over a talented, pretty good team

Nazr, Emeka, J-Rich, Gerald, Carroll all had good games

Continue to love the addition of Nazr, he's bringing what the team lacked before and more.

I expect at least a competitive game against Boston...
Bowens
Inactive user
Inactive user

Post#65 » by Bowens » Wed Jan 9, 2008 3:08 am

Ballings7 wrote:
-= original quote snipped =-

Damn I'm pretty good

Obviously didn't get the margin, but had the main result right :)

Much needed, solid win right there, being over a talented, pretty good team

Nazr, Emeka, J-Rich, Gerald, Carroll all had good games

Continue to love the addition of Nazr, he's bringing what the team lacked before and more.

I expect at least a competitive game against Boston...

Dude, I see you posting in every teams forum. You root for EVERY team. I wouldn't be surprised to find out you went into the Nets forum and predicted they'd win by 20. :lol:
DaBassSource
Pro Prospect
And1: 0

Post#66 » by DaBassSource » Wed Jan 9, 2008 3:32 am

BigSlam wrote:Isn't it quaint to see the Felts - Hammer - JRich - Crash - EO50 line up and only 25mins of McMinus?
Good game...we were sitting there waiting for him to put Jeff back in....everyone was saying you better not leave we still have the 4th quarter to play....

This is the line-up I have been saying would be better if he has to put in the small ball line-up... at least it does not leave the black hole which is McMinus on the court....

Also I am still of the opinion that our offense is not made for a penetrating kick out pg...maybe some of the great ones could force it but our sets and plays mostly involve guys standing around ...and then there is the pick/ISO to Crash that they run over and over and over again...
But I will not complain much....I will live with these types of efforts every night....

oh yeah we still need to play with Mek and Nazr more...Nazr makes things happen...
spectre_
Lead Assistant
And1: 15

Post#67 » by spectre_ » Wed Jan 9, 2008 3:45 am

Props to Mustachio off BCP for the link:

Bobcats shoot way past Kidd's third consecutive triple-double

The sense of urgency was apparent before the game, when part-owner Michael Jordan made a rare appearance in the locker room and met with coach Sam Vincent in his office about 90 minutes before tipoff.

Maybe that's why we saw a little less Touche' and a little more Hammer this game.
RaptorJ wrote:they (Bobcats' fans) seem to be some of the least intelligent posters on RealGM from some of the trash they say.

Irony
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets
And1: 12,613

Post#68 » by fatlever » Wed Jan 9, 2008 4:37 am

could this be a turning point?
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets

Post#69 » by fatlever » Wed Jan 9, 2008 4:43 am

slam... sucks you couldnt see the game.

that jrich explosion in the first half was ridiculous... and the best part, he did it with dicky on him every single shot 5-5.... EYEBALLS!

our second unit with nazr, hollins and carroll has been killing teams lately. another HUGE +/- advantage for those guys. one game is a fluke, a few games is a trend, every game is the real deal.
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets

Post#70 » by fatlever » Wed Jan 9, 2008 4:53 am

oh yeah....

i heard on the radio before the game that crash and jrich were one game away from tying iverson and anthony for the most consecutive games of 20+ points by the same two players for the same team at six.

they did it.

going for the league lead tomorrow.
Ballings7
RealGM

Post#71 » by Ballings7 » Wed Jan 9, 2008 10:54 am

Bowens wrote:Dude, I see you posting in every teams forum. You root for EVERY team. I wouldn't be surprised to find out you went into the Nets forum and predicted they'd win by 20.

Wow, what an exaggeration and assumption (all wrong).

That doesn't mean I root for every team of every forum I post at. Or am a fan of. Or because I post something positive or supportive about a team. It all varies and depends on the team and specifics of what the post is relating to.

I'm a fan of four teams, the Kings, Spurs, Bobcats, Bulls. I post at those boards the most for obvious reasons. That's enough, obviously, and more than enough for a good amount of people. I think I'll at least always be into those teams significantly and following them with regularity.

I also enjoy some other teams, but I'm not a fan of them or root for them all the time, varies how much I watch them. I like those teams in that way becuase of their style or certain players on the team that are favorites of mine, in general. You can enjoy another team or teams, and not be a fan of them or root for them all the time. It depends how much you're into the NBA.

I've been a fan of the Bobcats since January 2006. I liked them before that, as well. Didn't become a "fan" until the former period. Okafor drew me in originally, and then Gerald Wallace, and then Matt Carroll, and then Felton, and etc. Slowly got more into the team and the situation of the franchise.

I follow the league, and love basketball. So, that reflects on the teams I support, enjoy, and my interest in the NBA. Then the initation of sharing my opinion, giving props, and points about other teams, from my love for the NBA. On this forum. I like having more than one team I love. It's just worked out that way for me, and it's been fine for me. The origins of me being a fan of the Bulls, Spurs, Kings goes back several years to what it currently is.

Now, what you can do is either accept this, or respectfully disagree with someone being a fan of more than one, two teams. As well as having varying interest and enjoyment of some other teams (which is just because I really love the NBA). Either way, that's fair.

By the way, your response is irrelevant to the post you quoted. Which shows you had nothing to say on it. So, you decided to try and get at me in an indifferent-way, about my heavy interest and enjoyment for basketball. Making baseless assumptions and exaggerating horribly. Just poor judgement. I don't know what else to make of the intent of your response other than this.
Ballings7
RealGM

Post#72 » by Ballings7 » Wed Jan 9, 2008 11:21 am

fatlever wrote:oh yeah....

i heard on the radio before the game that crash and jrich were one game away from tying iverson and anthony for the most consecutive games of 20+ points by the same two players for the same team at six.

they did it.

going for the league lead tomorrow.

That's great. Just shows how good of a player Gerald's become.
BigSlam
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets

Post#73 » by BigSlam » Wed Jan 9, 2008 2:01 pm

Not to rain on the parade, but I noticed that Crash had another 5 turn overs. Because I only got to see 1/2 of the 3rd and all of the 4th I didn't see a lot of them so I was wondering how the turn overs came about? Was it bad passes, poor handles, bad luck etc?

Also, while I'l ALWAYS take a win, we have to keep in mind that as a team we shot 59% from the floor. That aint always going to happen. I mean Nazr was hitting 18 footers like they were finger rolls!!

Also, did we box out really, really well? Crash with 11 boards, JRich with 6 and Hammer with 7? I'm thinking that our bigs were laying a body which allowed us easy boards?
B B M F 'ers
DaBassSource
Pro Prospect
And1: 0

Post#74 » by DaBassSource » Wed Jan 9, 2008 2:45 pm

BigSlam wrote:Not to rain on the parade, but I noticed that Crash had another 5 turn overs. Because I only got to see 1/2 of the 3rd and all of the 4th I didn't see a lot of them so I was wondering how the turn overs came about? Was it bad passes, poor handles, bad luck etc?

Also, while I'l ALWAYS take a win, we have to keep in mind that as a team we shot 59% from the floor. That aint always going to happen. I mean Nazr was hitting 18 footers like they were finger rolls!!

Also, did we box out really, really well? Crash with 11 boards, JRich with 6 and Hammer with 7? I'm thinking that our bigs were laying a body which allowed us easy boards?
I think it would help if Crash gives the ball up sooner after defensive rebounding that would get the idea of him leading the break out of his mind...also the Pick/ISO play that they run for him, to me, puts him to far from the basket allowing to much room for error during his drives...I think most of his TO were ball handling and going to the basket...and at least 1 offensive foul.
spectre_
Lead Assistant
And1: 15

Post#75 » by spectre_ » Wed Jan 9, 2008 4:21 pm

(1st) 2:58 Wallace Turnover:Lost Ball (1 TO) Steal:Nachbar (1 ST)

(1st) 2:07 Wallace Turnover:Lost Ball (2 TO) Steal:Carter (1 ST)

(2nd) 7:26 Wallace Turnover:Bad Pass (3 TO) Steal:Boone (1 ST)

(2nd) 7:18 Wallace Turnover:Foul (4 TO)

(3rd) 5:42 Wallace Turnover:Bad Pass (5 TO)

I think the first 2 was on drives and the two bad passes were when he was trying to hit Mek and JRich respectively in the paint. One was an offensive foul...Kidd flopped in front of him when he was bringing the ball up the court after a steal.

I don't mind him turning it over so much when he's trying to hit guys in the paint, but I'd think he could learn not to give it up on drives. Crash also can't seem to stop and pop when a defender is in front of the goal too and usually picks up an offensive foul that way.

He seemed more energized in the 4th, but he didn't have any TOs. Some of that could be that he wasn't trying to create so much for others.
RaptorJ wrote:they (Bobcats' fans) seem to be some of the least intelligent posters on RealGM from some of the trash they say.

Irony
BigSlam
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets

Post#76 » by BigSlam » Wed Jan 9, 2008 4:40 pm

spectre_ wrote:I don't mind him turning it over so much when he's trying to hit guys in the paint, but I'd think he could learn not to give it up on drives.

I thought you made a really good point the other day Spectre.

Look at Flash when he drives to the hole. He has a vice like grip on the ball and really protects it. It's very, very rare that anyone can strip him of the ball or knock it loose when he is driving.

Crash needs to watch some tape of that. Plus the tighter he hangs on, the more likely he gets fouled and the more likely he goes to the line.

And at 74% from the line this year, that aint all that bad!
B B M F 'ers
Bowens
Inactive user
Inactive user

Post#77 » by Bowens » Wed Jan 9, 2008 10:16 pm

Ballings7 wrote:
Bowens wrote:Dude, I see you posting in every teams forum. You root for EVERY team. I wouldn't be surprised to find out you went into the Nets forum and predicted they'd win by 20.

Wow, what an exaggeration and assumption (all wrong).

That doesn't mean I root for every team of every forum I post at. Or am a fan of. Or because I post something positive or supportive about a team. It all varies and depends on the team and specifics of what the post is relating to.

I'm a fan of four teams, the Kings, Spurs, Bobcats, Bulls. I post at those boards the most for obvious reasons. That's enough, obviously, and more than enough for a good amount of people. I think I'll at least always be into those teams significantly and following them with regularity.

I also enjoy some other teams, but I'm not a fan of them or root for them all the time, varies how much I watch them. I like those teams in that way becuase of their style or certain players on the team that are favorites of mine, in general. You can enjoy another team or teams, and not be a fan of them or root for them all the time. It depends how much you're into the NBA.

I've been a fan of the Bobcats since January 2006. I liked them before that, as well. Didn't become a "fan" until the former period. Okafor drew me in originally, and then Gerald Wallace, and then Matt Carroll, and then Felton, and etc. Slowly got more into the team and the situation of the franchise.

I follow the league, and love basketball. So, that reflects on the teams I support, enjoy, and my interest in the NBA. Then the initation of sharing my opinion, giving props, and points about other teams, from my love for the NBA. On this forum. I like having more than one team I love. It's just worked out that way for me, and it's been fine for me. The origins of me being a fan of the Bulls, Spurs, Kings goes back several years to what it currently is.

Now, what you can do is either accept this, or respectfully disagree with someone being a fan of more than one, two teams. As well as having varying interest and enjoyment of some other teams (which is just because I really love the NBA). Either way, that's fair.

By the way, your response is irrelevant to the post you quoted. Which shows you had nothing to say on it. So, you decided to try and get at me in an indifferent-way, about my heavy interest and enjoyment for basketball. Making baseless assumptions and exaggerating horribly. Just poor judgement. I don't know what else to make of the intent of your response other than this.

My post is relevant because I've seen you all over realgm cheering on many teams. You came in here and made your usual happy post without backing anything up. Then you came back to gloat after the game. (I'm sure you would have been nowhere to be found if we were beaten badly)

How did you come to the conclusion the Cats would beat the Nets? Have you seen us play lately? We've been a huge disaster. Have you seen how much better the Nets have looked?

Where were you during the game? Didn't see any of your posts as the game was going on. Did you even watch the game? Oh you don't have League Pass. Oh ok, well that explains it. :roll:

And I'm sorry but you cannot be a fan of four teams. :noway:

Four?!?!?!?!? :crazy:
a-rod
Assistant Coach
And1: 21

Post#78 » by a-rod » Wed Jan 9, 2008 10:56 pm

[quote="Bowens"][/quote]
regardless, your lucky to have Ballings7 posting here hes one of the most intelligent fans on realgm, hes real NBA fan not a causal fan.
pillwenney wrote:
SacKingZZZ wrote:No thanks to Deng. I read a rumor surfing hoopshype awhile back saying Gay for Reke is a possibility.

Must be true, if it's a rumor you read on Hoopshype.
:rofl:
Bowens
Inactive user
Inactive user

Post#79 » by Bowens » Wed Jan 9, 2008 11:26 pm

a-rod wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

regardless, your lucky to have Ballings7 posting here hes one of the most intelligent fans on realgm, hes real NBA fan not a causal fan.

Why are we lucky?

You say he's a "real fan," but he never has a bad word to say about our crappy team. Seems casual to me.
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets

Post#80 » by fatlever » Wed Jan 9, 2008 11:33 pm

not every fan has to be a die hard bobcats nut like us right... ballings has been posting on the board for a long time. there is nothing wrong with being a fan of several teams or an overall nba fan rather than just supporting one team and only one team. ballings is a solid poster regardless. hell, if i didnt live in a city that had an nba team, i'm not sure that i would have ONE team i rooted for... but i am a hopeless homer so i will always root for my local teams. before the hornets came to charlotte i was all over the map with who i liked. the nuggets, warriors, sonics, bulls, lakers etc....

Return to Charlotte Hornets