ImageImage

Good Basketball appreciation thread.

Moderators: ken6199, TMU

kam_soluusar
Sixth Man
And1: 112

Good Basketball appreciation thread. 

Post#1 » by kam_soluusar » Tue Jan 8, 2008 4:20 am

:clap: Look, I bleed Rockets Red and White, but I am a fan of the game as well, and I appreciate watching players from other teams that create an exciting brand of Basketball, (Except when against the Rockets!!!!)

So who is everybody enjoying watching besides the Rockets, (Who aren't that great to watch this year, more frustrating than anything else! :banghead: )

I'd have to say Boston's big three, and Kobe working with Bynum, in fact, Bynum's evoloution this year is DEFINATELY a league highlight. I'd even go as far to say, that Bynum deserves an A/S spot, (Behind Yao of course. :nod: )

Comments anyone? :crazy:
"I don't think Michael had to retire for us to get the spotlight, because when you win, it commands attention."
Hakeem Olajuwon
ballinforkeeps
Banned User
And1: 3

Post#2 » by ballinforkeeps » Tue Jan 8, 2008 4:25 am

i want boston to win if we dont.

the wizards are doin daam good w/o arenas. i thought theyd completly fall apart but caron and twan are makin sure that doesnt happen. ya theyre in the east but still.

good to see the hornets finally healthy.
BaYBaller
Veteran
And1: 116

Post#3 » by BaYBaller » Tue Jan 8, 2008 4:32 am

Portland and Boston you gotta love, lots of energy and unselfish play going on that those places.

Hornets are great to watch too, people have really forgotten about them.
HTown_TMac
General Manager
And1: 222

Post#4 » by HTown_TMac » Tue Jan 8, 2008 4:36 am

Why name it "Apprecitation Thread"?
That right makes me not like.. I like watching entertaining games but I also likes alot of good teams win
www.atrilli.net <- music blog
MaxRider
RealGM
And1: 5,805

Post#5 » by MaxRider » Tue Jan 8, 2008 4:42 am

HTown_TMac wrote:Why name it "Apprecitation Thread"?
That right makes me not like.. I like watching entertaining games but I also likes alot of good teams win

we won the last game
so it's time for XXXXX Appreciation Thread
if we win the next 2 games i'm going to start Video Games Appreciation Thread
kam_soluusar
Sixth Man
And1: 112

Post#6 » by kam_soluusar » Tue Jan 8, 2008 5:10 am

True dat, Portland, and Washington are interesting to watch as well. Okay, calling it an "appreciation thread" is a bit overdone, but I'm glad y'all got the idea!!!!

Rudy gay in Memphis is fantastic, (And a bit What if we never traded for Battier........) It is kinda hard to comment on this from my perspective, being in Australia, I only get 4 games a week on Pay TV, and for the last two months, you can be guaranteed one of those games will be Miami, San Antonio, Lakers, or Cleveland. (They have shown Rox Vs Lakers at the start of the season and that is all!)

Anyone know of any way to get all the Rockets games, (I'd happily buy a Sattelite dish if I could get every Rockets game!) It sucks, they get them all in china, (Because of the Yao Factor) but as I stated earlier, I get highlights on Sportscenter, and four games a week, (Two on ESPN, one on Fox Sports 1 and one on Fox Sports 3.) It breaks my heart not to be able to watch the Rockets, if I could afford it, I'd relocate to Houston and apply for citezenship!!!!!!!

Anyone interested in marrying a 6'7" Aussie so that I can move to H-town??????
"I don't think Michael had to retire for us to get the spotlight, because when you win, it commands attention."
Hakeem Olajuwon
RaoulDuke79
RealGM
And1: 4,153

Post#7 » by RaoulDuke79 » Tue Jan 8, 2008 6:08 am

I want to make an "Appreciation Threads Appreciation Thread" thread but it will just get locked so I will just have to dream.
We watched the tragedy unfold. We did as we were told, we bought and sold. It was the greatest show on Earth...but then it was over.
rocketworld
Starter
And1: 0

Post#8 » by rocketworld » Tue Jan 8, 2008 6:09 am

anyone remember the phoenix vs. new jersey game last season....161-157?....that was amazing
MaxRider
RealGM

Post#9 » by MaxRider » Tue Jan 8, 2008 6:40 am

rocketworld wrote:anyone remember the phoenix vs. new jersey game last season....161-157?....that was amazing

after that game nba league pass got an option for paying for one game instead of the whole season
compucomp
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#10 » by compucomp » Tue Jan 8, 2008 7:23 am

rocketworld wrote:anyone remember the phoenix vs. new jersey game last season....161-157?....that was amazing

Good basketball involves defense. The Suns play none, and in many cases their tempo lulls the opponent into also playing none.

If I wanted to watch entertaining offense with matador defense I'd watch the And-1 Mix Tape Tour or the Harlem Globetrotters.
MaxRider
RealGM

Post#11 » by MaxRider » Tue Jan 8, 2008 8:02 am

compucomp wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Good basketball involves defense. The Suns play none, and in many cases their tempo lulls the opponent into also playing none.

If I wanted to watch entertaining offense with matador defense I'd watch the And-1 Mix Tape Tour or the Harlem Globetrotters.

95% of the people who are paying don't want to watch good defense
that's why nobody watch the Spurs
Spurs vs Pistons finals got one of the lowest rating of all-time
etopn23
Head Coach
And1: 160

Post#12 » by etopn23 » Tue Jan 8, 2008 8:34 am

RaoulDuke79 wrote:I want to make an "Appreciation Threads Appreciation Thread" thread but it will just get locked so I will just have to dream.
TMACFORMVP
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 161

Post#13 » by TMACFORMVP » Wed Jan 9, 2008 3:49 am

Though the Spurs lost yesterday, I just love the way they play, good hard tough defense, run the offense through the best big man in the NBA and execute their offense to perfection. Really the model team in the NBA right now.
Alex_De_Large
Lead Assistant
And1: 45

Post#14 » by Alex_De_Large » Wed Jan 9, 2008 4:40 am

Warriors and Baron Davis. I watch every game i can of them.
TMACFORMVP
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 161

Post#15 » by TMACFORMVP » Wed Jan 9, 2008 6:29 am

Phoenix Rockets wrote:Warriors and Baron Davis. I watch every game i can of them.

I live in the bay, so I get every game!! :clap:

Return to Houston Rockets