ImageImage

Bonzi Wells has deadlock high value.......

Moderators: ken6199, TMU

CuttingEdge
Banned User
And1: 0

Bonzi Wells has deadlock high value....... 

Post#1 » by CuttingEdge » Wed Jan 9, 2008 4:12 am

Bonzi Wells has already proven himself regardless if he plays like crap or not these 2 seasons. Detroit is always interested in signing him because they know his capabilities regardless of Rasheed's influence. So why do people on this board question him? He's going to get signed somewhere else next season unless Rockets come up with a way to re-sign him.
RoxFan08
Veteran
And1: 1

Post#2 » by RoxFan08 » Wed Jan 9, 2008 4:32 am

Well, we can probably offer him more than most teams (do we have bird rights?). Even if we don't, no one with any cap space is going to offer him a big contract, and if we're winning and he likes it here, why leave?

As for why we doubt him:

1. His defense can be good, but too often he leaves him man wide open for 3 or picks up stupid fouls for being lazy

2. His jumpshot is off most games, he's really only useful as a finisher at the rim.

3. He turns the ball over in clutch situations=recipe for disaster. Story of our close loss to the Celtics without Tmac.

He's fine, he even plays well some games, and his rebounding is excellent. But if he leaves, his production is nothing Scola and Luther Head can't match between them.
CuttingEdge
Banned User

Post#3 » by CuttingEdge » Wed Jan 9, 2008 4:56 am

I think Rockets won't be able to sign him back. Most teams would spend money on this guy. It's more than how he currently plays on and off but the fact that they knew how he played in Portland, Sactown etc. He's just a superstar in his own right given the opportunity with another team with few or no stars on it.
TMACFORMVP
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 161

Post#4 » by TMACFORMVP » Wed Jan 9, 2008 5:31 am

I doubt a team pays him any more than the MLE.

Keep in mind, the FA is pretty strong next year and comparing the inconsistencies he has with turnovers and shooting and the fact he's getting up there in age, I highly doubt any team pays him that much more than the Mid-level.
MaxRider
RealGM
And1: 5,805

Post#5 » by MaxRider » Wed Jan 9, 2008 5:44 am

there's plenty of good free agents out there worth more than Wells
anyway we got Wells' favorite coach
Tmaco
Ballboy

Post#6 » by Tmaco » Wed Jan 9, 2008 8:25 am

MaxRider wrote:there's plenty of good free agents out there worth more than Wells
anyway we got Wells' favorite coach

You are dead right, but don't forget NBA is a business.
Baller 24
RealGM
And1: 18

Post#7 » by Baller 24 » Wed Jan 9, 2008 2:41 pm

I think we will sign him back next season, the most he will get is the MLE though, if we win here, then I don't see him leaving. He is a excellent 6th man as well.
dockingsched wrote: the biggest loss of the off-season for the lakers was earl clark
luhbron
Senior

Post#8 » by luhbron » Wed Jan 9, 2008 8:18 pm

Bonzi Wells always plays well in a contract year. I worry about how he will play next year when he gets guaranteed money. I could definitely see him balloon up like he did last year and not give a crap.
CuttingEdge
Banned User

Post#9 » by CuttingEdge » Wed Jan 9, 2008 8:23 pm

The guy is listed at 210lbs but looks more like the 230lbs - 240lbs range at 6'5". He's basically Charles Barkley.

Return to Houston Rockets