ImageImageImageImageImage

Looking forward to Bibby, Martin and Artest getting healthy!

Moderators: KF10, City of Trees, codydaze

King Baller
Pro Prospect
And1: 168

Looking forward to Bibby, Martin and Artest getting healthy! 

Post#1 » by King Baller » Mon Jan 7, 2008 5:09 am

With Mike , Kevin and Ron coming back in the following weeks I'm curious what the fans think about how the Kings will play. Reggie Theus has proven that he is up to the task of coaching in the NBA, will blending the returning players in be his biggest test so far?

KB
KF10
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,446

Post#2 » by KF10 » Mon Jan 7, 2008 5:20 am

This is my response on the other thread:

We are decimated by injuries this year. (Losing 4 legit starters: Bibby/Martin/Artest/SAR) Also, Artest didnt play for the first 7 games due to that suspension. Brad Miller really stepped it up this season. The bench really stepped it up. Salmons, Garcia, and Beno are the ones improved alot. We should be proud where we at right now. Losing our best players should guaranteed us for the #1 pick but we are not. We fight hard every night despite competition. We dont get blown out like others assume...

When this team is healthy we are a playoff team (6/7/8 seeds) look back when we were truly healthy. It was that one half of the season when we got Artest. We were like 28-12 for that last half of the season and went to the playoffs... The last 2 years IMO were flukes due to key injuries in the worst situations... When we get back our team, we will make a last rally to the playoffs...
UKF
Assistant Coach
And1: 0

Post#3 » by UKF » Mon Jan 7, 2008 6:05 am

Im seriously salivating. I dont understand how we have the record we do. I wouldnt be surprised if we made the playoffs this year. But I didnt even think I would be saying that anytime this year.

Many players have stepped it up but I was totally wrong with the hiring of Theus, he totally blew me away.

Lets get all our guys back and see what can happen...
SacKingZZZ
RealGM
And1: 1,082

Post#4 » by SacKingZZZ » Mon Jan 7, 2008 6:37 am

Here is what I think. With all three back, and maybe Ron the most, we are a completely different team. I don't know if it's good or bad, I guess it depends on how you look at it.

I think the team we have now is actually a better fit for the way Reggie wants to play. Brad's, Cisco's, John's, and Beno's games will be affected by the returning players. RIght now we are utilizing the players we have to their assets and they seem to be working well together. They don't seem to get in eachothers way. John has even really started to work well off of Brad. With Ron back the offense focuses on him and we are an entirely different team.

I wouldn't be racking up the wins just yet. Hey, it could happen, but that might not be a good thing if by the deadline a good portion of that returning group isn't here anymore.
xAIRNESSx
RealGM
And1: 13,108

Post#5 » by xAIRNESSx » Fri Jan 11, 2008 4:37 am

Yahoo's saying that Martin might be back for the Dallas game on Monday.
SadKingsFan
RealGM
And1: 5

Post#6 » by SadKingsFan » Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:00 am

xAIRNESSx wrote:Yahoo's saying that Martin might be back for the Dallas game on Monday.
And in Sacramento they are saying as early as saturday.
KingInExile
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4

Post#7 » by KingInExile » Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:06 am

The Bee this morning was saying Monday for Martin's return (see the injury report thread).
This space needs to be filled with a new sig...but I'm too lazy to make one.
SadKingsFan
RealGM
And1: 5

Post#8 » by SadKingsFan » Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:25 am

KingInExile wrote:The Bee this morning was saying Monday for Martin's return (see the injury report thread).
Yeah but reggie theus on the radio said there is a strong possibility that he could play saturday, grant napier as well.
SacKingZZZ
RealGM
And1: 1,082

Post#9 » by SacKingZZZ » Fri Jan 11, 2008 7:04 am

I am just glad they didn't let him come back too early. Sure mosly likely nothing would have happened but still a wise move.
jking
Junior
And1: 4

Post#10 » by jking » Fri Jan 11, 2008 2:49 pm

Ya today's Sac Bee says Martin might play this Saturday. If not on Sat, then definitly on Monday. Will come off the bench for now.

Return to Sacramento Kings