ImageImageImageImageImage

Bargnani was not credited with the assist!!!!????

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

Santoki
General Manager
And1: 2,635

Post#21 » by Santoki » Sat Jan 12, 2008 5:07 pm

Mak wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

are we still talking about the same play where he dunked the ball? There was no miss on the first attempt, it was a clean dunk.

Moon did not get credit for his block on Curry either....

Yes, you're right he did dunk it. I'm thinking of the pass Calderon made to Bosh in the paint, he missed, but tipped it in right away. Both were in the 3rd quarter I believe, around the same time.

I'm not quite sure why he didn't get the assist. It really doesn't matter because Bargnani's performance seems to be measured by how many rebounds he grabs; at least around these parts.
Ill Mago
Rookie
And1: 1

Post#22 » by Ill Mago » Sat Jan 12, 2008 5:09 pm

NBA needs new scorekeepers.

They get to sit courtside all year, and all they gotta do is count team rebounds and press a button twice, or thrice.
JN
RealGM
And1: 9,907

Post#23 » by JN » Sat Jan 12, 2008 5:10 pm

Toxicity wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

My major concern is not abuut that single assist (it can happen), but on the fact NBA refs seem to focus their attention on him more than other players (regarding doubt fouls, travels, etc)... it's also a Bargs fault (how he plays, how he moves, etc), i know.

So now the refs are the new excuse.
Jamz18
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#24 » by Jamz18 » Sat Jan 12, 2008 5:11 pm

If you notice how that game was played it was very sloppy..... Ref weren't making calll.... Knicks don't even care about the game.... their hoping Isiah get fired on the spot.....
needbox
Pro Prospect
And1: 212

Post#25 » by needbox » Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:01 am

only 9 more and 8 reb for a triple-double :pray:
ansoncarter
Head Coach
And1: 367

Post#26 » by ansoncarter » Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:01 am

needbox wrote:only 9 more and 8 reb for a triple-double :pray:

lol

he'll get it next game. Or come close (like within 8 assists and 10 rebounds)
99 Problems
Banned User
And1: 7

Post#27 » by 99 Problems » Sun Jan 13, 2008 7:00 am

I don't get the amount of jokes... I just looked at the play and it looks like a clean assist, unless it was deflected and we couldn't see it...

the OP has a legitimate issue, if Bargs didn't get credited with an assist for that pass something is wrong.. The league is already having problems with that ATL scorekeeping thing, so this would be big if it got out and would discredit the League's scorekeeping policies... create mistrust and paranoia among players and fans too.. like when Donaghy was arrested everybody looked at all refs as being corrupt...
CB4_Toronto_Raptors
Bench Warmer
And1: 4

Post#28 » by CB4_Toronto_Raptors » Sun Jan 13, 2008 8:04 am

Sons of Bitches!!!!????
Bballer2306
Rookie

Post#29 » by Bballer2306 » Sun Jan 13, 2008 8:41 am

I know a lot of people see this as a joke, but its really a worrying issue.

If scorekeepers cannot put down a clear assist to Bargnani, then something is wrong. Next they are going to start missing points scored and fouls etc..

These people are payed to sit on their ass and watch professional athletes play a game of basketball for free. All they need to do is watch the game closely and write down a few stats, nothing more nothing less.

David Stern needs to get off his ass and say something, there are corrupt refs and now scorekeepers lurking around the NBA.
bychai
Veteran
And1: 3
Location: forward, not backward. upward not forward. and always twirling, twirling, twirling towards freedom!

Post#30 » by bychai » Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:34 am

I care more about the sketchy calls the refs kept making all night to lower the point spread :P
shoutout to Slam Dumb! for ignoring my email!
Snowcrash
Analyst
And1: 118

Post#31 » by Snowcrash » Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:08 pm

msantos wrote:Bosh missed the first attempt, and tipped in his own miss.

Maybe that has something to do with Bargnani not getting credit for the assist.

Btw, is there a contest for who can be the biggest prick? Some of you guys can't post without making some sort of sarcastic comment. I understand that not everyone is as intelligent as you, but sometimes posters are genuinely trying to learn about basketball and you guys make them feel like fools.

If they're like this in real life, these are the type of people who'll go through four or five marriages if they manage to survive the beatdowns they regularly receive in pubs and clubs.
Tommy Gun
Head Coach
And1: 2

Post#32 » by Tommy Gun » Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:11 pm

A) Bosh did not miss the first attempt, he dunked it clean. Watch the replay.

B) This happens all the time. If you ever follow the Yahoo boxscore/play by play while watching a game you will often see them miss or credit stats to teh wrong player--particularly rebounds, steals, and blocks
Appel:
Bargs will be an all-star while Bosh averages 10/6 in Miami
JN
RealGM
And1: 9,907

Post#33 » by JN » Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:29 pm

Warya wrote:I don't get the amount of jokes... I just looked at the play and it looks like a clean assist, unless it was deflected and we couldn't see it...

the OP has a legitimate issue, if Bargs didn't get credited with an assist for that pass something is wrong.. The league is already having problems with that ATL scorekeeping thing, so this would be big if it got out and would discredit the League's scorekeeping policies... create mistrust and paranoia among players and fans too.. like when Donaghy was arrested everybody looked at all refs as being corrupt...

Good lord, I hope I am missing some sarcasm, but unfortunately for your sake, I don't think I am.

How can you compare a satistical error, versus something that actually had a direct impact on a game.
Toxicity
Analyst
And1: 39

Post#34 » by Toxicity » Sun Jan 13, 2008 7:17 pm

JN wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

So now the refs are the new excuse.

Did you see tonight game against Portland?!? Refs are calling GHOST FOULS on him... AGAIN! Stupid biased NBA refs... :wavefinger:
99 Problems
Banned User
And1: 7

Post#35 » by 99 Problems » Sun Jan 13, 2008 7:37 pm

JN wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Good lord, I hope I am missing some sarcasm, but unfortunately for your sake, I don't think I am.

How can you compare a satistical error, versus something that actually had a direct impact on a game.

??? I must be missing something, because I didn't say we should replay the game based on that lol.. and I didn't compare it to the Miami game, I just said it builds negatively on that game...what they did was sloppy, and if it could happen with one assist but next time it could be a foul or even a point...the league doesn't want something like this or even the perception of this becoming widespread... don't know how you got that out of my post..
Harry Palmer
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,417

Post#36 » by Harry Palmer » Sun Jan 13, 2008 7:52 pm

Warya wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

??? I must be missing something, because I didn't say we should replay the game based on that lol.. and I didn't compare it to the Miami game, I just said it builds negatively on that game...what they did was sloppy, and if it could happen with one assist but next time it could be a foul or even a point...the league doesn't want something like this or even the perception of this becoming widespread... don't know how you got that out of my post..

No, the point you are missing was that, as far as the league is concerned, it's a complete non-event. The Miami thing affected the outcome of the game.

If a Bargs assist is missed, it affects exactly nothing. It has no bearing on the game, the season, or anything. It's a non-factor for anything but people paying attention to Andrea Bargnani's statistics. Missed assists or rebounds or whatever happen. This is not something anyone would be concerned about.

It's a non-event. If Bargs was in the running for the assist lead or something, and this one missed stat affected it, ok, it's something to talk about. But other than that, this is the kind of thing that happens. If you notice it, ok, great, it's funny/odd when it happens.

But to, IN ANY WAY, equate it with something that possibly affected the outcome of the game, or actually MEANT something, and to suggest that the perception of this kind of thing happening would be negative is just over the top. If it was a foul or a point, ok, and for that reason the league pays special attention to that stuff. But when it comes to how you distribute the statistical credit for what has already happened that only affects stats, they don't care nearly as much, especially when you know how many of those a season are judgment calls in the first place.

Seriously, take this to the main board, see what an 'Oh, yeah?' response it gets.
All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.

-Arthur Schopenhauer
STEELE_34
Banned User

Post#37 » by STEELE_34 » Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:43 pm

and this needs its own thread.
da fugg outta here.

Return to Toronto Raptors