ImageImageImageImageImage

Question from a Pistons fan ?

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

Sub-Zero
Sophomore
And1: 1

Question from a Pistons fan ? 

Post#1 » by Sub-Zero » Sun Jan 13, 2008 8:20 am

Wassup fellas, I'm a Pistons fan living in the GTA, and I do follow the Raps a lot and support them and never miss a game. But I hardly ever post on this forum mainly because the Pistons are my squad and I live on their forum or rival teams forums like Chicago and Boston now.

More often I come across posts/ threads bashing you guys and calling you guys whiners and complainers and the fact that you cant handle a loss and you call for every member of the organizations head and start like 10 trade threads, fire smitch and bargnani is a bust threads.

I just would like to know what you guys think about why you guys get ripped so much around real gm. Is it maybe the Americans vs Canadians thing.
jrizzel
Senior
And1: 6

Post#2 » by jrizzel » Sun Jan 13, 2008 8:33 am

its cause we are that way!

its sad but thats the Canadian way
Egg Nog
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,373

Post#3 » by Egg Nog » Sun Jan 13, 2008 8:35 am

The Raps forum has incredible numbers. With so many people posting, the boards are disproportionately weighted toward discussion of this particular team. Since everyone typically wants to talk about their own respective teams, this annoys others.

Also, there are higher chances of moron overflow because of the higher population AKA Raps fans who talk trash in other people's game threads. I'm not saying it doesn't happen with other fans, but there are simply more Raps fans on here.
reptar15
Assistant Coach
And1: 2

Post#4 » by reptar15 » Sun Jan 13, 2008 8:40 am

raptor fans are whiners

the bashing is deserved
teamLeiweke
Head Coach
And1: 5,019

Post#5 » by teamLeiweke » Sun Jan 13, 2008 8:46 am

It is because it is the truth.

When a fan base gets nationally recognized as being a crazy, whiny, obsessed and nuts group of fans by an ESPN writer such as The Sports Guy, you know it is the truth.
m1kenoff
Bench Warmer
And1: 482

Post#6 » by m1kenoff » Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:36 am

OMG your such a hater raptors aere the best... except bargnani is abust thats why were like 500 so whatever smitch is good but as an ass. coach FIRE SMITCHH TRADE BARGNANI GO RAPTORS!! whooo
jonny three time
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,246

Post#7 » by jonny three time » Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:21 am

The problem is that it is a board of extremes. Where most statements are made as over-statements and taken too far. Even when someone makes a post in the grey-area of an opinion, people will take it in the worst way and come back with an over-the-top statement of their own.

Too much drama, too many young posters and too many people who live and die by every game, win or lose.

Then you also get the racial overtones that come from a basketball team being half-white and that leads to a whole rash of ridiculous threads with irrational viewpoints coming from both sides.

Other than that its great.
Snayr
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4

Post#8 » by Snayr » Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:32 am

Like previously stated by above posts:

We aren't exactly small numbers here on this board. We are the largest board on all of RealGM and so with that brings great minds, while it also brings people who seem to have misplaced their minds... It's like the expression:

"You have to take the good with the bad"

More so lately with the Raps doing better there have been a lot of Bandwagon fans jumping on and thus creating more complaints when the Raps lose. So, the other boards comments are justified as those of... lets say lesser intelligence like to go over to opposing teams forums and troll... or whine when we lose, and so forth. So that's how they view us, without looking at the good. So they have a very jaded view of us.

But hey, I could care less! I love the Raps and I love RealGM. I'll admit I have a love/hate relationship with the Raps, because I am a highly competitive guy who, I like to think knows a bit about the game. When the Raps don't play well, like any other fan I get frustrated but I'm not going to be calling for anyones head anytime soon. We have a very solid organization right now and with a little bit of tweakin' and some maturing of our players, we will be a force in the East for years to come.

On that note... Go Raptors Go!!
Montreal Canadiens Fan | Toronto Raptors Fan | Montreal Alouettes Fan - Proud to be Canadian!!
gei
Sixth Man
And1: 394

Re: Question from a Pistons fan ? 

Post#9 » by gei » Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:50 am

Sub-Zero wrote:Wassup fellas, I'm a Pistons fan living in the GTA

sellout
emfive
General Manager
And1: 16

Post#10 » by emfive » Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:45 am

reptar15 wrote:raptor fans are whiners

the bashing is deserved

You are the expert on that. :roll:
Dennis 37
RealGM
And1: 17,764

Post#11 » by Dennis 37 » Sun Jan 13, 2008 2:14 pm

WAAAAAAAAA!!! WAA! WA! WAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!
batman54
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,378

Post#12 » by batman54 » Sun Jan 13, 2008 3:13 pm

I think the Realgm Raptors board has the rep it has because:
1) we do have the volume that other teams don't have on realgm.
2) the raptors have had a pretty bizarre and checkered history over the years that has been up and down like crazy. We've had hope so often, but been burnt so much, that we aren't used to winning, and always see the light at the end of the tunnel as some big freight train thats going to run over our ass. THe bipolar nature of the team throughout it's history, has manifested into the bipolar nature of the fans on the board.
bill russell
Pro Prospect
And1: 65

Post#13 » by bill russell » Sun Jan 13, 2008 3:15 pm

Sub-Zero wrote:Wassup fellas, I'm a Pistons fan living in the GTA, and I do follow the Raps a lot and support them and never miss a game. But I hardly ever post on this forum mainly because the Pistons are my squad and I live on their forum or rival teams forums like Chicago and Boston now.

More often I come across posts/ threads bashing you guys and calling you guys whiners and complainers and the fact that you cant handle a loss and you call for every member of the organizations head and start like 10 trade threads, fire smitch and bargnani is a bust threads.

I just would like to know what you guys think about why you guys get ripped so much around real gm. Is it maybe the Americans vs Canadians thing.

we waste a lot of space on this board talking about non-gm stuff. is that the case on the detroit board?
reptar15
Assistant Coach
And1: 2

Post#14 » by reptar15 » Sun Jan 13, 2008 4:52 pm

emfive wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

You are the expert on that. :roll:

yes i constantly make threads about someone being fired after each loss, missing stats for raptor players, how every one on the raptors is under rated, how we should sign every scrub that hits the market, our players are smiling on the court, and buy into a media frenzy about an ex player when the focus should be on the teams successful playoff birth.
Jamz18
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#15 » by Jamz18 » Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:53 pm

Well im a raptors fan from toronto and I hate raptors fans there sooo gay
greed416
Bench Warmer

Post#16 » by greed416 » Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:44 pm

i think part of the reason is that the nba/raptors is fairly new to canada. therefore we have a lot of young fans, and a lot uneducated fans of the game. therefore they can only see the small picture and tend to freak out at every small situation because of that.
Mandrake
Senior

Post#17 » by Mandrake » Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:23 pm

I think that the fans on real gm and the fans that go to the game are two totally different groups of people for the most part. IMO people on here don't act like true Canadians while the fans at the ACC are always on point with their ovations for hustle & teamwork which is pretty much a hockey mentality (i hate hockey though).

Plus the internet is a place to get out your deepest emotions and the Raps history has been a rollercoaster. Check out two/three years ago when we started the season 1-15. That year we where in alot of games but just lost them at the end everytime. It was crazy to watch and I watched every game. So I don't blame people for their frusteration. But for me as a fan, that year humbled me while for other people it drove them nuts. Anyways enjoy the game on Tuesday buddy, we're comming for ya. haha
TGM
Analyst
And1: 714

Post#18 » by TGM » Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:42 pm

Sub-Zero wrote:Wassup fellas, I'm a Pistons fan living in the GTA, and I do follow the Raps a lot and support them and never miss a game. But I hardly ever post on this forum mainly because the Pistons are my squad and I live on their forum or rival teams forums like Chicago and Boston now.

I think the biggest part is because the Raps are a Canadian team and there is a general impression that whatever they do is always not as great as an American team. Therefore most Raps fans get defensive.

Lets take Jamario for example, you go to other forums and teams refer to him as an athletic player, but not with a lot of potential. If Moon played on the Knicks, the US media would already be labeling him as the next Dr. J.

I split time working in the US and Canada and I really notice this bias. In general from a sports perspective your average American will assume that anything in the US is better

On another note. A few months ago a client of mine, an Investment Banker from Wall Street told me that the US dollar was worth 30% more than the cdn dollar. My jaw just dropped. This isn't because the I-Banker was stupid, but the US honestly doesn't really give two **** about Canada. We are essentially the 51st state.

Canada in the eyes of the US will always be the underdog.
Wonka_INC
Junior

Post#19 » by Wonka_INC » Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:52 pm

We're just passionate.
masterpiece by none other than LyNx
GameBoy
Senior
And1: 4

Post#20 » by GameBoy » Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:15 pm

gei wrote:-= original quote snipped =-