ImageImageImageImageImage

Memphis (10-24) at Sacramento (13-20)

Moderators: KF10, City of Trees, codydaze

Smills91
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#81 » by Smills91 » Sun Jan 13, 2008 7:17 pm

Kevin MartinFan wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Too bad they won absolutely nothing, i hate when people call those Golden years.

Yeah, other than it was probably the most entertaining and beautifully orchestrated basketball team of this generation. :nonono: :roll:

I swear, all or nothing with so many of you.
Ballings7
RealGM
And1: 1,474

Post#82 » by Ballings7 » Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:38 pm

I didn't get to see those times originally as much as most others, but still, those years were great, and the best of the Kings franchise. An elite-good team for several years, that almost won the championship in 2002.

But that doesn't mean it wasn't a very significant group of teams over that period of time. Especially with the style of play. (I still need/want to see a handful of games from then)

Anybody who feels opposite to that way, also has to feel similar about the Suns (Barkley and Nash), Jazz, Trailblazers (Clyde and Rasheed/Sabonis), Cavaliers (Price and Daugherty), Mavericks, Supersonics (GP and Kemp), Spurs (pre-Duncan), T'Wolves (03-04), Knicks (Ewing), Pacers (Reggie and 03-04), Heat (Zo era and 04-05), etc.

None of those teams had high-level years or teams, because they didn't win the championship...

Simply wrong. Just a disrespectful mind-set to think that way, too. A limited perspective.

Also - why did and do a lot of (certain fan-type for nowadays, anyway) people enjoy and recognize the Heat/Knicks, Pacers/Knicks series? Shouldn't all those series between those teams in the 1990s be looked at as something lesser, or just forgotten about now? Of course not. Those were quality teams playing intense, great basketball over several years. Like-wise for the Sonics/Suns, Jazz/Rockets, and Spurs/Suns series in the 1990s, and for the Mavs/Kings series all those years. I actually still have to see some of those Knicks/Heat games, from what I haven't already over-time.

Teams who didn't win the championship still have their place in the history of the league, as being recognizeable and high-quality teams. All being different and good in their own way.
The Playoffs don't care about your Analytics

Return to Sacramento Kings