ImageImageImageImageImage

McGrady

Moderators: KF10, City of Trees, codydaze

sacking101
Senior
And1: 0

McGrady 

Post#1 » by sacking101 » Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:21 am

My friends mom works for the kings orginization and said there is a possibility at a trade that would include bibby and artest for mcgrady. I don't know the details but the salaries do match. Don't rip me up this is just what i heard. What would you guys think of matching up mcgrady and martin together? They would probably want to trade a pg also.
a-rod
Assistant Coach
And1: 21

Post#2 » by a-rod » Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:26 am

i purposed the same deal a month ago and i still like it for us
pillwenney wrote:
SacKingZZZ wrote:No thanks to Deng. I read a rumor surfing hoopshype awhile back saying Gay for Reke is a possibility.

Must be true, if it's a rumor you read on Hoopshype.
:rofl:
KingInExile
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4

Post#3 » by KingInExile » Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:31 am

If Aaron Brooks comes back in the deal, I would be intrigued.

As a rule, I have no faith in any "rumors" that are based on "something I heard from someone who's [insert family member]...". Nothing personal, but too many unreliable rumors are started like this (not saying that's the case here, just being honest). I'm not getting too excited about this until I see this validated by other sources.
This space needs to be filled with a new sig...but I'm too lazy to make one.
SacTown Kings
Lead Assistant
And1: 132

Post#4 » by SacTown Kings » Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:32 am

I'd do it, even if TMAC has back problems.
sacking101
Senior

Post#5 » by sacking101 » Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:53 am

KingInExile wrote:If Aaron Brooks comes back in the deal, I would be intrigued.

As a rule, I have no faith in any "rumors" that are based on "something I heard from someone who's [insert family member]...". Nothing personal, but too many unreliable rumors are started like this (not saying that's the case here, just being honest). I'm not getting too excited about this until I see this validated by other sources.

I know what you mean, it's just that she works for the kings and was pretty confident in what she was saying. I am not sure if it makes us a better team right now but I think free agents would see us as a team that could be one big man away from a really good team.
RIPskaterdude
RealGM
And1: 36,468

Post#6 » by RIPskaterdude » Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:06 am

I'm not sure if Houston would do it, though.

TMAC has had his injury problems, but would the Lakers trade Kobe for Bibby and Artest? Doubt it.
sacking101
Senior

Post#7 » by sacking101 » Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:29 am

the lakers aren't .500
rpa
RealGM
And1: 7,453

Post#8 » by rpa » Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:54 am

xx_skaterdude_xx wrote:I'm not sure if Houston would do it, though.

TMAC has had his injury problems, but would the Lakers trade Kobe for Bibby and Artest? Doubt it.

But they wouldn't trade him for McGrady either, so what's the point?

Anyways, I'd be heavily against this.

What are the Kings' strengths? Their wing players.
What does this trade get the Kings? A wing player.

I just don't think it's a good idea for the Kings to trade Artest AND Bibby and not get a single 1 of the following back:
1) A good young PG
2) A good young PF
3) A 1st round pick that could turn into #1 or #2
4) Salary relief
dozencousins
Analyst
And1: 135

Post#9 » by dozencousins » Tue Jan 15, 2008 5:58 am

i would have done this a year or 2 ago but i could not do it as mcgrady seems to get seriously hurt 2 times or more a year i would not want to risk 15-22 mill yearly on a player that is injury prone that would kill us from doing other free agent signings/trades if we needed if he got seriously hurt for us we could be lame ducks for the next 2-3 years !

i like aaron brooks though!
SacKingZZZ
RealGM
And1: 1,082

Post#10 » by SacKingZZZ » Tue Jan 15, 2008 6:00 am

Don't like it.
Wolfay
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 649

Post#11 » by Wolfay » Tue Jan 15, 2008 6:42 am

I think Mcgrady is starting his decline, and he just gets injured to often. Seems too risky if you ask me.
SacKingZZZ
RealGM

Post#12 » by SacKingZZZ » Tue Jan 15, 2008 6:53 am

Hey on paper it looks great, you pair up two guys that can't be stopped in Martin/Tmac but I just think it's a step in the wrong direction and wouldn't work in reality.
ICMTM
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 176

Post#13 » by ICMTM » Tue Jan 15, 2008 6:56 am

I could see this deal happening more for Houston than I do for the Kings, but with this deal I see the Kings being very hard to stop and playing an uptempo game.

I don't see us winning in the playoffs with T-Mac. His injuries at his age are a serious concern.
KANGZZZZZ!
_SRV_
Analyst
And1: 2

Post#14 » by _SRV_ » Tue Jan 15, 2008 6:57 am

I'd rather use Bibby and Artest to dump the 2 non-playing PFs.
xx_skaterdude_xx wrote:Kobe gets bailed out more than Wall Street.
Ballings7
RealGM
And1: 1,470

Post#15 » by Ballings7 » Tue Jan 15, 2008 7:03 am

No. I'd actually rather have Artest than McGrady. Also like with that Redd trade proposal/rumor, T-Mac doesn't make much sense for us. Short-term and long-term.

If this did happen, it'd show they want Yao as the man, and more balance around Yao.
The Playoffs don't care about your Analytics
UKF
Assistant Coach

Post#16 » by UKF » Tue Jan 15, 2008 7:11 am

I think it would be great, not sure how true this is. I believe you but maybe the person who told your friends mom doesnt know what they are talking about.

I dont think we would be able to win a title or anything but, I think having T-Mac playing right beside Kevin would be great for Kev. If a deal happens of this magnitude then great! If not I wont be surprised..

I believe you, I just dont see it happening man.
UKF
Assistant Coach

Post#17 » by UKF » Tue Jan 15, 2008 7:13 am

Also, Why would Adelman want to be back with Artest. I can see why he would want Mike, but not the both. He just left that party two years ago.
SacKingZZZ
RealGM

Post#18 » by SacKingZZZ » Tue Jan 15, 2008 7:31 am

Ultimate Kings Fan wrote:Also, Why would Adelman want to be back with Artest. I can see why he would want Mike, but not the both. He just left that party two years ago.

His butts over the fire a bit in Rocket land. They thought he was going to automatically bring them to the promise land and they have done a lot more regressing than progressing from the Van Gundy days. Getting two guys that you know can work for you and give the team more depth could help.

Still don't know why the only names I hear associated with Ron are guys like Redd, Tmac, and Ben Gordon. WTF! :crazy:
Bibbinator
Rookie
And1: 3

Post#19 » by Bibbinator » Tue Jan 15, 2008 7:34 am

Ultimate Kings Fan wrote:Also, Why would Adelman want to be back with Artest. I can see why he would want Mike, but not the both. He just left that party two years ago.

He didn't leave. He was fired.

He likes Artest.
KF10
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,446

Post#20 » by KF10 » Tue Jan 15, 2008 7:34 am

SacKingZZZ wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

His butts over the fire a bit in Rocket land. They thought he was going to automatically bring them to the promise land and they have done a lot more regressing than progressing from the Van Gundy days. Getting two guys that you know can work for you and give the team more depth could help.

Still don't know why the only names I hear associated with Ron are guys like Redd, Tmac, and Ben Gordon. WTF! :crazy:

Eh, maybe it's just Petrie's genius that show that teams that are interested Artest are not getting him on cheap....Thus, big names associated with Artest... That's my understand of the situation....

Return to Sacramento Kings