ImageImageImageImageImage

McGrady

Moderators: codydaze, KF10, City of Trees

Rugged Ron Ron
Pro Prospect
And1: 0

Post#21 » by Rugged Ron Ron » Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:12 am

Ultimate Kings Fan wrote:Also, Why would Adelman want to be back with Artest. I can see why he would want Mike, but not the both. He just left that party two years ago.
Artest like playing for Adelman and Adelman has no problem with Artest at all.
OGSactownballer
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,001

Post#22 » by OGSactownballer » Tue Jan 15, 2008 6:04 pm

I don't like this at all for the same reasons that rpa already listed - it doesn't address ANY of our real needs #1 of which is dumping the 13 million cap $$$ locked up in K9 and SAR.
UKF
Assistant Coach
And1: 0

Post#23 » by UKF » Tue Jan 15, 2008 7:22 pm

Bibbinator wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

He didn't leave. He was fired.

He likes Artest.

Thats what everyone says, but I think he was the one who wanted to leave. I really dont know, but thats how I felt about the whole situation. Did you see how Adleman's comeback was publicized?
It wasnt..
a-rod
Assistant Coach
And1: 21

Post#24 » by a-rod » Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:34 pm

Ultimate Kings Fan wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Thats what everyone says, but I think he was the one who wanted to leave. I really dont know, but thats how I felt about the whole situation. Did you see how Adleman's comeback was publicized?
It wasnt..
clearly you have missed his going away the press conferences.

SacKingZZZ wrote:Hey on paper it looks great, you pair up two guys that can't be stopped in Martin/Tmac but I just think it's a step in the wrong direction and wouldn't work in reality.

hey if didn't work out hes going off the books in 2 years with Kenny Thomas, i think this is a risk worth taken, cause were not given up
young players in return.
Bibbinator wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

He didn't leave. He was fired.

He likes Artest.

He wasn't fired, he was dismissed.
pillwenney wrote:
SacKingZZZ wrote:No thanks to Deng. I read a rumor surfing hoopshype awhile back saying Gay for Reke is a possibility.

Must be true, if it's a rumor you read on Hoopshype.
:rofl:
GTO
RealGM
And1: 19

Post#25 » by GTO » Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:01 pm

ICMTM wrote:I could see this deal happening more for Houston than I do for the Kings, but with this deal I see the Kings being very hard to stop and playing an uptempo game.

I don't see us winning in the playoffs with T-Mac. His injuries at his age are a serious concern.

TMac had plenty of wear on his treads, but if you look at his records, his injury history really is not worse than Artest's.

I think a Tracy-Ron deal can make sense, not sure what the exact composition of guys involved would be, though. Bibby is a nice player, but the Rockets have 5 small guards already. So if Bibby is involved the Rockets would probably want to trade at least 2 of these guys at the same time.
Who wants to sex Dikembe Mutombo Mpolondo Mukamba Jean Jacque Wamutombo?
pillwenney
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,428

Post#26 » by pillwenney » Tue Jan 15, 2008 11:14 pm

GTO wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

TMac had plenty of wear on his treads, but if you look at his records, his injury history really is not worse than Artest's.

I think a Tracy-Ron deal can make sense, not sure what the exact composition of guys involved would be, though. Bibby is a nice player, but the Rockets have 5 small guards already. So if Bibby is involved the Rockets would probably want to trade at least 2 of these guys at the same time.

As far as games missed, sure that's pretty much true, but Ron's injuries are often just dents and dings that result from the way he plays. T-Mac has chronic problems that seem to always be a threat to his career.
ICMTM
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 176

Post#27 » by ICMTM » Tue Jan 15, 2008 11:49 pm

GTO wrote:TMac had plenty of wear on his treads, but if you look at his records, his injury history really is not worse than Artest's.

Look again! Artest has missed more games to suspension than injury. I didn't say it won't work. I'm just saying this deal is better for Houston and given TMac's lack of playoff success and injury history it doesn't look like a no brainer trade to pull.
KANGZZZZZ!
SacKingZZZ
RealGM
And1: 1,082

Post#28 » by SacKingZZZ » Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:08 am

mitchweber wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

As far as games missed, sure that's pretty much true, but Ron's injuries are often just dents and dings that result from the way he plays. T-Mac has chronic problems that seem to always be a threat to his career.

Pretty much right on the money.
GTO
RealGM
And1: 19

Post#29 » by GTO » Wed Jan 16, 2008 5:25 am

ICMTM wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Look again! Artest has missed more games to suspension than injury. I didn't say it won't work. I'm just saying this deal is better for Houston and given TMac's lack of playoff success and injury history it doesn't look like a no brainer trade to pull.

I agree it's not a no brainer trade.
Who wants to sex Dikembe Mutombo Mpolondo Mukamba Jean Jacque Wamutombo?
KF10
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,442

Post#30 » by KF10 » Wed Jan 16, 2008 5:29 am

GTO wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I agree it's not a no brainer trade.

Why do you want to trade McGrady for Artest? At least McGrady has a bit more value than this, IMO....
ICMTM
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 176

Post#31 » by ICMTM » Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:34 am

I don't think so. Other than being a flashy scorer what has TMac accomplished? IMO I think it's too much for McGrady. TMac makes almost $20M...crazy money for a guy who hasn't really won anything. That's two more years of him if it doesn't work out at crazy high prices! I just don't find that risk a good one.

I do recognize McGrady having the skillset to be a legit super and this being a win win deal, but I also see it as having the ability to set our franchise back a few more years.
KANGZZZZZ!

Return to Sacramento Kings