Moderators: codydaze, KF10, City of Trees

Cruel_Ruin
Head Coach
And1: 767
Location: The intersection of intellect, imagination and insanity

OT: Lakers looking at Webber 

Post#1 » by Cruel_Ruin » Tue Jan 15, 2008 6:20 pm

Per Wiretap

I think I just threw up a little in my mouth.
Ballings7
RealGM
And1: 1,468

Post#2 » by Ballings7 » Tue Jan 15, 2008 7:02 pm

Not too surprising they'd be involved with eachother, considering the Lakers situation as a team, and with Bynum going down. Even if he didn't, they'd still be interested.

Will certainly be weird possibly seeing Webb in a Lakers uni, and playing against us 3-4 times.

That said, C-Webb will only add to their depth and offense, which is already quite good. As well as make them even more fun to watch. Which, if you're a fan of the game and have seen them play, you know this, and don't let Laker dislike get too much in the way of watching good basketball.

I have to say I've been impressed with how they've emerged this season as a legit top team in the league. They've established a winning-style of 'ball, being a balanced team. Rather than the last two seasons, a pretty good offensive team that was inconsistent defensively, and a good deal of the time not too much defensively.

The main difference from last year for them is they're a better defensive team. Also more experience and chemistry, improvement from Bynum/Farmar/Radmanovic, and not a serious amount of injuries (at least not so far). Trading for Trevor Ariza was a good move, also. Adding another dimension to the team on both ends of the floor. All this has allowed Kobe to not have to play Kobe-show 'ball. Though, that might come back more with Bynum going down.
The Playoffs don't care about your Analytics
BMiller52
RealGM
And1: 0

Post#3 » by BMiller52 » Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:18 pm

Traitor.
Smills91
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#4 » by Smills91 » Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:37 pm

BMiller52 wrote:Traitor.

He hasn't betrayed anyone....yet. I hope he doesn't, but I think he will. It'll taint his career if he EVER wears that uniform and allies himself with voldemort himself.
a-rod
Assistant Coach
And1: 21

Post#5 » by a-rod » Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:58 pm

Ballings7 wrote:Not too surprising they'd be involved with eachother, considering the Lakers situation as a team, and with Bynum going down. Even if he didn't, they'd still be interested.

Will certainly be weird possibly seeing Webb in a Lakers uni, and playing against us 3-4 times.

That said, C-Webb will only add to their depth and offense, which is already quite good. As well as make them even more fun to watch. Which, if you're a fan of the game and have seen them play, you know this, and don't let Laker dislike get too much in the way of watching good basketball.

I have to say I've been impressed with how they've emerged this season as a legit top team in the league. They've established a winning-style of 'ball, being a balanced team. Rather than the last two seasons, a pretty good offensive team that was inconsistent defensively, and a good deal of the time not too much defensively.

The main difference from last year for them is they're a better defensive team. Also more experience and chemistry, improvement from Bynum/Farmar/Radmanovic, and not a serious amount of injuries (at least not so far). Trading for Trevor Ariza was a good move, also. Adding another dimension to the team on both ends of the floor. All this has allowed Kobe to not have to play Kobe-show 'ball. Though, that might come back more with Bynum going down.

Very Well Put Ballings, but i just can't stand the idea of another kings legend retiring as laker, even tho what you said make a lot of since, i just can't stand the idea of Webber playing with the lakers, cause their our rivals so emotion plays big part of the Equation.
pillwenney wrote:
SacKingZZZ wrote:No thanks to Deng. I read a rumor surfing hoopshype awhile back saying Gay for Reke is a possibility.

Must be true, if it's a rumor you read on Hoopshype.
:rofl:
Vlade4life
Junior

Post#6 » by Vlade4life » Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:36 pm

BMiller52 wrote:Traitor.

Yea and the kings were real loyal to Webber, huh?
SactownHrtBrks8
Lead Assistant
And1: 68

Post#7 » by SactownHrtBrks8 » Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:43 pm

Smills91 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

He hasn't betrayed anyone....yet. I hope he doesn't, but I think he will. It'll taint his career if he EVER wears that uniform and allies himself with voldemort himself.

A Harry Potter drop - ZING!
Ballings7
RealGM

Post#8 » by Ballings7 » Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:49 pm

Well, two other teams are still in the picture, because he said three teams he was looking at, but didn't specify. Or his agent.

I think it's the Lakers, Celtics, Pistons. All could use him. Dallas is out of the picture because of Bass. Who I'm happy for that he found a spot in the league, and with a good team.

I think overall Webber should go to the Celtics, best team out of three, set spot off the bench, and Pollard/KG are there. KG/Webber on the floor together working the post would be great to watch.
ICMTM
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 176

Post#9 » by ICMTM » Tue Jan 15, 2008 11:50 pm

Vlade Divac....

That's all I have to say.
KANGZZZZZ!
BMiller52
RealGM

Post#10 » by BMiller52 » Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:03 am

ICMTM wrote:Vlade Divac....

I like Webber a hell of a lot more than I liked Vlade so it would sting, when it was Vlade I honestly didn't really give a damn.

Smills+1
KF10
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,442

Post#11 » by KF10 » Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:32 am

ICMTM wrote:Vlade Divac....

To be fair, Vlade played with the Lakers for the 1st 7 years of his career...Then 2 years in Charlotte and another 7 years with the Kings and the last year with the Lakers...IIRC he actually stated that he wanted to retire as a Laker before coming to the Kings....So, we should be knowing that ahead of time that Vlade will do this....
SacKingZZZ
RealGM
And1: 1,082

Post#12 » by SacKingZZZ » Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:06 am

CWebb must have really pissed some people off in his early days because there is so little noise about teams wanting him it's just strange. I remember reading that there are a lot of coaches that would NEVER let him on their team. He can still play too! I think it stems from him douche bagging Nelly back in the day and that must have led to his almost leaguewide blackballing.
pillwenney
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,428

Post#13 » by pillwenney » Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:35 am

SacKingZZZ wrote:CWebb must have really pissed some people off in his early days because there is so little noise about teams wanting him it's just strange. I remember reading that there are a lot of coaches that would NEVER let him on their team. He can still play too! I think it stems from him douche bagging Nelly back in the day and that must have led to his almost leaguewide blackballing.

I don't think that's it at all. I think it's that most teams just don't think he can really play that much any more and/or don't have a situation that really fits. His D alone is a reason for contending teams to worry.
SacKingZZZ
RealGM
And1: 1,082

Post#14 » by SacKingZZZ » Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:49 am

mitchweber wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I don't think that's it at all. I think it's that most teams just don't think he can really play that much any more and/or don't have a situation that really fits. His D alone is a reason for contending teams to worry.

I heard that's why San Antonio would never want him apparently. Makes sense with Nelly and Pop being best bud's.

It's just strange though. His stats last year were pretty darn good. The D? maybe but if nothing else he could be a big body off the bench that can get you some points and rebound well in spot minutes.
mobiuseinz
Analyst
And1: 8

Post#15 » by mobiuseinz » Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:14 am

Smills91 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

same thing with Divac. I know he was drafted by them and played there till 96, but somehow seeing him wearing that uniform again made me sad.

If Webber ever goes to the lakers then I will :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
Wolfay
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 649

Post#16 » by Wolfay » Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:59 am

I'd like to see him sign with us again and retire here, even if he's just here to keep the bench warm...

I'll always have respect for Webber for what he did for the team and the city, but not as much if signs with the Lakers. If I were Webber, I'd rather retire.
BMiller52
RealGM

Post#17 » by BMiller52 » Wed Jan 16, 2008 5:44 am

SacKingZZZ wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I heard that's why San Antonio would never want him apparently. Makes sense with Nelly and Pop being best bud's.

It's just strange though. His stats last year were pretty darn good. The D? maybe but if nothing else he could be a big body off the bench that can get you some points and rebound well in spot minutes.

No SA didn't want him because he doesn't D up, Dallas wanted him, PHX he doesn't fit in with, LA wanted him, Detroit wanted him, plenty of teams wanted him. Like 7 or 8 that I can remember. The rest weren't contenders so they didnt need him. I remember Orlando also wanted him.
Ballings7
RealGM

Post#18 » by Ballings7 » Wed Jan 16, 2008 6:36 am

I'd just go to the Celtics. Better team and situation.
nolimit0820
Sixth Man
And1: 98

Post#19 » by nolimit0820 » Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:26 am

Celtics definitely. But orlando could be a nice possiblity. He would have a bigger role there, but obviously a ring should be his only desire at this point in time.
DanLanghiOwnsAll
Veteran
And1: 28

Post#20 » by DanLanghiOwnsAll » Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:30 am

I thought Webber fit in Detroit perfect.

Nobody remembers Orel Hershiser as a Giant.

Ewing on the Sonic/Magic

Hakeem on the Raptors

Chris Webber the King's superstar power forward isn't going to the Lakers. You're looking at Chris Webber with one leg going to the Lakers.

Return to Sacramento Kings