ImageImageImageImage

ORL/SEA/HOU trade proposal

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

leo6287
Starter
And1: 4

Post#21 » by leo6287 » Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:52 pm

I would throw in our 1st if we can get Collison instead of Kurt
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,908

Post#22 » by drsd » Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:05 pm

GM Smith is not likely to make a mega-deal trade such as that proposed.
Nemesis21
RealGM
And1: 6,608

Post#23 » by Nemesis21 » Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:20 pm

don't like this trade.
MagicHolland
General Manager
And1: 301

Post#24 » by MagicHolland » Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:56 pm

magicfanejc42 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Adam , I am not singling just you out, but, people do your homework... Kurt has a WONDERFUL contract. the dude is expiring and is 8 mil off the books...Seattle traded TWO 1st rounders for it...He's not going anywhere for what WE have to offer. That's number 1...

Battier is OVERRATED!! yes he's a good defender, but he is an inconsistent threat, and at SG we need a consistent athletic threat.. all we have are shooters, we need a slasher, someone to take it to the paint and dunk it, or make good entry passes while cutting to the lane, sort of like what jameer does passing wise when he takes it to the basket.

Watson, I like the guy, but he is on a bad contract, and is only better than Jameer by a little, but Jameer playing well, is a much better guard, IMO

Seattle GOT 2 first round picks for taking on Thomas's contract.

Battier imo is not overrated and is the right man for our SG position. He's on a good contract, guards the opposing best wing player to relieve Lewis. Also Lewis from the SF spot can take on that slasher role like he's showing more often these days.

Watson's contract, I agree is not the greatest but does it really matter? we're going to be over the cap for the duration of his contract anyways..
MagicHolland
General Manager

Post#25 » by MagicHolland » Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:57 pm

drsd wrote:GM Smith is not likely to make a mega-deal trade such as that proposed.

In that case pretty much any trade proposal thread is a waste. It's just to get some discussion going..
MagicHolland
General Manager

Post#26 » by MagicHolland » Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:00 pm

d12fan wrote:How does this trade NOT make us better ??? Getting a guy like Thomas to play a rebounding/defensive PF and a defensive ,3pt shooting Battier at the SG spot is exactly what we need IMO The only problem I have with the trade is Kurt's age . If we could somehow get Wilcox instead of Thomas that would be a helluva deal for us . That will never happen though

This is how I feel about a deal like this. Talent wise it might not be a upgrade but it sure seems like a better fit.

On the Thomas part, he's averaging almost 10 boards with his bad knees and can make that jumper from the top of the key.. His 8 million contract comes of the cap and we'll be able to resign him, with Battie coming back, the MLE to spend and who knows Vazquez coming over..
MagicHolland
General Manager

Post#27 » by MagicHolland » Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:02 pm

MagicFan149 wrote:and even earl is just another undersized point guard... not exactly what we need......

I do think it's an upgrade over Dooling and Arroyo at PG. We're not going to get any better PG's.. They can maybe be 2-3 inches taller but name me some that are realistically better and attainable..
MagicHolland
General Manager

Post#28 » by MagicHolland » Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:05 pm

AdamTheGreek wrote:Kurt has a bad contract, is old, gets hurt too much, and really isn't consistent. I'd like Wilcox, but I'd also like LBJ, Kobe, Yao and Chris Paul but that's not happening.

Battier is a good defender but his shot is inconsistent at best and I'd rather keep our Mr. 4th quarter than get a guy that can play some good D.

Earl Watson would probably distribute better than any one of our current PGs, but again, not worth giving up Hedo, picks, Arroyo and JJ.

Kurt's contract is expiring, so not really that bad. We have nog picks going out. I like Hedo but it looks like it's maybe time to get Rashard that role. That's what I'm trying to do here, build a solid team around Dwight at C and Lewis at 3..
MagicHolland
General Manager

Post#29 » by MagicHolland » Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:08 pm

TooNice00 wrote:i watch houston a lot and we def don't want battier. don't let all that he is good defender, mr intangilbe, and does all the little things get to your head. its basically a cover up for him not really being good at anything especially scoring. he is just a good team defender(not a great man defender) and flopper.

I don't like flopping at all, but it might be good to actually have one on our side since the zebra's buy it every single time they do it against us..
MagicHolland
General Manager

Post#30 » by MagicHolland » Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:22 pm

MagicFan149 wrote:you are correct kurt thomas is expiring so basically its kurt and earl (getting paid more than jameer) for hedo then reddick arroyo garrity for battier on a long term contract that isnt really all that friendly

i dunno you are right thomas could be big for us but it just seems like wed be giving up too much... everyone on hear always values our expirings soo much and this doesnt exactly retrieve alot for them... and were giving up hedo on top of all this...

We don't have much to offer next to the expirings though.. At the start of the season I thought Ariza/Redick/expirings and picks could land us a disgrundled star. But look what Ariza got us.. And our pick will not be all that great either.. So our expirings aren't going to bring us something spectacular imo..
Cigamodnalro
RealGM
And1: 66

Post#31 » by Cigamodnalro » Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:23 pm

Turkoglu, Redick, and Arroyo for Chris Wilcox and Earl Watson works in the trade checker ;)

Dwight Howard, Adonal Foyle
Chris Wilcox, Brian Cook, James Augustine
Rashard Lewis, Mo Evans
Keith Bogans, Keyon Dooling
Jameer Nelson, Earl Watson
https://twitter.com/cigamodnalro
“A house pulled down is half rebuilt” - Ancient Proverb
"There's beauty in the breakdown" - Frou Frou
"We're going to turn this team around 360 degrees" - Jason Kidd
MagicHolland
General Manager

Post#32 » by MagicHolland » Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:24 pm

leo6287 wrote:I would throw in our 1st if we can get Collison instead of Kurt

What would be the purpose for a rebuilding team to trade a young, productive player like Collison right now?
MagicHolland
General Manager

Post#33 » by MagicHolland » Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:25 pm

Cigamodnalro wrote:Turkoglu, Redick, and Arroyo for Chris Wilcox and Earl Watson works in the trade checker ;)

Dwight Howard, Adonal Foyle
Chris Wilcox, Brian Cook, James Augustine
Rashard Lewis, Mo Evans
Keith Bogans, Keyon Dooling
Jameer Nelson, Earl Watson

So that Seattle can let Green and Durant coming of the bench :wink:
leo6287
Starter
And1: 4

Post#34 » by leo6287 » Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:11 am

MagicHolland wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

What would be the purpose for a rebuilding team to trade a young, productive player like Collison right now?

To save $$$ and get 1st Round Pick's
UKMagic
Lead Assistant
And1: 3

Post#35 » by UKMagic » Thu Jan 17, 2008 6:11 pm

Why not just trade for Yao and put Dwight at the PF....

I'm thinking OUTSIDE...the box! :D

In all seriousness though, I'd still go after C-Webb.
@CraggsNumber1

Return to Orlando Magic