ImageImageImageImageImage

The Kings

Moderators: KF10, City of Trees, codydaze

Adde91202
Sophomore
And1: 0

The Kings 

Post#1 » by Adde91202 » Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:48 pm

Spurs fan here, but man, I've always loved the Kings, especially when webber was on it and they kept battling all those years with the Lakers..

Everyone keeps saying that the kings need to make major trades to become contenders but I've always seen them as contenders if they do some minor tweaking..

Bibby
Martin
Artest

^ That's too me a big three of clutch, penetration as well as defense.. if you guys could simply get a legitimate big man down low, then you guys would e fine..

Just giving my 2 cents!
mapko81
Sixth Man
And1: 18

Post#2 » by mapko81 » Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:52 pm

Such uncanny insight could only be expected after reading the provoking and original thread title
SacKingZZZ
RealGM
And1: 1,082

Post#3 » by SacKingZZZ » Thu Jan 17, 2008 4:16 am

See last year as an example of why it may not work. It just doesn't. Talented for sure but they just don't fit together.

To be a great team you need balance and when you compare those three to the rest of the lineup there is none. If there was an entirely different lineup assembled around those guys maybe but we have a lot of guys that need the ball to be comfortable.

Plus without trading one of those three we probably won't come close to getting a legit big man, unless we cut loose of the young talent we have which would be a bass ackwards way to go IMO.

I like the promise of a Beno/Martin/Salmons/Hawes/draft pick ('s) led team more than building around Bibby/Artest myself and think that should be the way we go. We have about a month for Petrie to make the right call here, or we could go bust big time.

Return to Sacramento Kings