ImageImageImage

Let Miller and Bibby sink Miami

Moderator: ijspeelman

Bamboozled
Sophomore
And1: 0

Let Miller and Bibby sink Miami 

Post#1 » by Bamboozled » Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:59 pm

I'm not sure that adding Andre Miller or Mike Bibby will guarantee any more playoff success than what they're facing now. I think Detriot will never win another playoff series again versus Cleveland, but assuming that the Cavs are going to lose in the 2nd or 3rd round to Boston (pretty good chance at this point), why not let Miami get a crack at picking up one of these two guys?

Such a trade would probably cost them Udonis Haslem (the same way that we would have to give up Gooden), thus stripping Miami's cupboard even more bare than it currently is, but would also probably improve their record from "Top 5 pick Lottery bound" to "Mid First round pick".

Assuming that adding Miller or Bibby provides a negligible improvement, it seems that letting Miami hurt itself more, roughly equates to long term success for the Cavs. Am I right?
Go Cavs!
eyejayem
Pro Prospect
And1: 0

Post#2 » by eyejayem » Wed Jan 16, 2008 5:11 pm

I would have to say I do agree. Analysts have to respect Cavs simply due to the Lebron factor, as long as he is playing you have a chance at winning. In the current state only the Pistons and Cavs are said to have a chance against Boston but after the Wizrds beat them twice in 4th quarters and Lebron has become Mr 4th Quarter I believe we just have to keep things close and let him take over like the first game against Boston.

What we need to do is get back into the 2nd rd in the draft by trading Newble's expiring.
Benedict_Boozer
RealGM
And1: 5,694

Post#3 » by Benedict_Boozer » Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:57 pm

I agree. I didn't at the beginning of the year because I thought adding a top flight PG would push them back into contender status.

Now that it's clear Shaq is completely done, and Wade can't carry their current team outside of the lottery, I'm all for them moving back up to middle of the pack.

The last thing we need is Wade paired up with a Beasley/Rose/Gordon/Bayless type talent for the next 10 years
L&H_05
RealGM
And1: 94

Post#4 » by L&H_05 » Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:09 pm

I'm definitely disappointed in D-Wade...

I always said I was curious to see him lace them up for a whole season as the leader of his team with limited talent like LBJ had ...

His leadership skills are nowhere near on par with LBJ's... Granted, I still like his jumper better and constant attack mode, and would prefer him to take the last second shot, but LBJ is starting to prove he is a far more superior player and leader and is getting better..

I just wish he wouldn't take fall away 20 footers to try and win the game when there's 10 seconds left.. :(
Benedict_Boozer
RealGM
And1: 5,694

Post#5 » by Benedict_Boozer » Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:21 pm

L&H_05 wrote:
I just wish he wouldn't take fall away 20 footers to try and win the game when there's 10 seconds left.. :(

It's so stupid and predictable.

All 4th qtr long he is scoring at will on the drive. But with under 10 secs left, he undoubtedly will take an off balance pull up fadeaway from some impossible angle :crazy:

Of course who in the Cavs organization is gonna dare to say anything about it

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers