ImageImageImageImageImage

John Salmons - All Star or MOP?

Moderators: KF10, City of Trees, codydaze

humboldtkingsfan
Junior
And1: 1

John Salmons - All Star or MOP? 

Post#1 » by humboldtkingsfan » Thu Jan 17, 2008 12:23 am

John Salmons is really coming into his own creating his own shot nearly at will (it seems half of them are And 1's), and I was comparing him to last year's version. Without Musselmen at helm and some extra PT John has topped my list of Most Improved Player in the league. His clutch scoring has also made him a candidate for All Star....if we played in the Eastern Conference. What do you guys think, worthy of MOP or?
SacTown Kings
Lead Assistant
And1: 132

Post#2 » by SacTown Kings » Thu Jan 17, 2008 12:33 am

What is MOP? I thought it was MIP. Whether Salmons deserves to be an all star or MIP reality tells me he has no shot at any of those, especially all star.
humboldtkingsfan
Junior
And1: 1

Post#3 » by humboldtkingsfan » Thu Jan 17, 2008 12:39 am

I meant MIP. Sorry about that. As far as All Star I agree, no shot in the West. But hypothetically, if we were in the East would he have a shot at a coach's selection? Also, who do you like for MIP as of now?
SacTown Kings
Lead Assistant
And1: 132

Post#4 » by SacTown Kings » Thu Jan 17, 2008 4:12 am

I would vote for Salmons. But I doubt others would even in the East. Too many other younger and more hype players out there like Gay, Aldridge, Bynum, Roy, Calderon, and even Howard. And Salmons would not make the all star in the east. Wade, Gordon, Billups, Redd, Joe Johnson, Pierce, Carter, Allen, Richardson, and Hamilton would all get votes over Salmons, even the coach's votes.
SacKingZZZ
RealGM
And1: 1,082

Post#5 » by SacKingZZZ » Thu Jan 17, 2008 4:20 am

Well, depends what his minutes and role are like for the rest of the season. He could potentially fall off the map very quickly. Don't forget, as of now, he pretty much becomes the 4th or 5th option at best.

Return to Sacramento Kings