ImageImageImageImage

Tyrus Thomas?

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

TheMadMagician
Sixth Man
And1: 0

Tyrus Thomas? 

Post#1 » by TheMadMagician » Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:08 am

Y'all knew this thread was coming :lol: . Anyway, since he's on the trading block, I feel that we REALLY need to go after this kid. He's got athleticism and a developing offensive game. I have loved this kid since college and I feel we need an energy, defensive PF like him who can develop. I think he is worth a Future first, so I would be willing to give one up in a trade for him.
DiplomaticMagic
Head Coach
And1: 2,514

Post#2 » by DiplomaticMagic » Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:10 am

It be a pipe dream. That's why it won't happen.
STOP PLAYING FULTZ
EasternMagic
RealGM
And1: 1,154

Post#3 » by EasternMagic » Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:11 am

we might as well lock trade threads for the rest of the season seeing as we wont be making any according to otis
Bucs80
Analyst
And1: 1

Re: Tyrus Thomas? 

Post#4 » by Bucs80 » Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:11 am

themadmagician wrote:Y'all knew this thread was coming :lol: . Anyway, since he's on the trading block, I feel that we REALLY need to go after this kid. He's got athleticism and a developing offensive game. I have loved this kid since college and I feel we need an energy, defensive PF like him who can develop. I think he is worth a Future first, so I would be willing to give one up in a trade for him.

This guy is all about himself, and he is pretty much overrated. I don't like his additude. And if he were to come here, I'd punch him in the face personally.
litex wrote:I'm pretty sure that, no matter what he does, Lebron will never have "tittles" like Shaquille O'Neal does, or for that matter, Chales Barkley.
MagicFan3
Banned User
And1: 19

Post#5 » by MagicFan3 » Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:13 am

Bucs80 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

This guy is all about himself, and he is pretty much overrated. I don't like his additude. And if he were to come here, I'd punch him in the face personally.

Forget that, you need to go punch Dooling and Arroyo in the face personally.
TheMadMagician
Sixth Man

Post#6 » by TheMadMagician » Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:14 am

Proof?

And on the overrated part, he hasn't showed his whole game yet in the NBA, just his defensive prowess.
TheMadMagician
Sixth Man

Post#7 » by TheMadMagician » Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:14 am

MagicFan3 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

co-sign
Bucs80
Analyst
And1: 1

Post#8 » by Bucs80 » Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:15 am

MagicFan3 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I'll do that when all 3 of them are in the same room with me.
litex wrote:I'm pretty sure that, no matter what he does, Lebron will never have "tittles" like Shaquille O'Neal does, or for that matter, Chales Barkley.
magicman123
RealGM
And1: 722

Post#9 » by magicman123 » Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:18 am

thomas is still all about himself right now, he needs to grow up a little, i still cant believe last year he said "im just in the dunk contest to get a check"
The Letter J
Starter

Post#10 » by The Letter J » Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:23 am

Thomas wouldn't be as effective here as he could be somewhere else. He depends on a running offensive style where others set him up for buckets. His jumper isn't consistent enough to really compliment Dwight either.

All that said I'd welcome him because we need a PF so bad.
MagicFan3
Banned User
And1: 19

Post#11 » by MagicFan3 » Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:28 am

I'll do that when all 3 of them are in the same room with me.

You'd be doing a public service. :nod:
j-ragg
RealGM
And1: 11,652

Post#12 » by j-ragg » Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:37 am

God these threads are dumb.
BadMofoPimp wrote:Durant thinks Vooch is one of the Best Centers in the NBA. I will take his word over a couch-GM yelling at a TV.
theTHIEF
RealGM
And1: 214

Post#13 » by theTHIEF » Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:59 am

haha...man, if it's "available" or talked about, we will shoot for it...Thomas is GARBAGE...aside from leaps, he got nothing....end of story...
MoGrAdY
RealGM
And1: 118

Post#14 » by MoGrAdY » Thu Jan 17, 2008 4:09 am

There are alot of guys who are going to be available. Two problems. The first one is that Otis has a raging boner for the current team even though we have obvious flaws that we cant without fixing them. And second, Otis has such a raging boner over this team that the guys who would be decent trade bait wont be made available.
theTHIEF
RealGM
And1: 214

Post#15 » by theTHIEF » Thu Jan 17, 2008 4:13 am

and 3rd, we dont have jack isht to trade...we would really only be able to make a trade with a team over the cap where our expirings could provide relief...that's really that...

and to further on about Tyrus, the article says "he may be available blah blah blah talks to resume about Pau?" sounds like Chicago has bigger plans or wants a lot for the young guy, dont it?
SS_MagicMark
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33

Post#16 » by SS_MagicMark » Thu Jan 17, 2008 4:15 am

My fantasy team would welcome a trade out of CHI for Tyrus.
laVal03
Sixth Man
And1: 6

Post#17 » by laVal03 » Thu Jan 17, 2008 4:44 am

I would love to get him here, fact is, chi needs him in any big trade they make ala Pau Gasol. The bulls aren't interested in expirings either

Since we already made a thread today about noah and tyrus, and have talked about Joe Smith we might as well make a thread for the rest of the bulls big men? right? Ben Wallace next?
MoGrAdY
RealGM
And1: 118

Post#18 » by MoGrAdY » Thu Jan 17, 2008 4:45 am

thEthIEf wrote:and 3rd, we dont have jack isht to trade...we would really only be able to make a trade with a team over the cap where our expirings could provide relief...that's really that...

and to further on about Tyrus, the article says "he may be available blah blah blah talks to resume about Pau?" sounds like Chicago has bigger plans or wants a lot for the young guy, dont it?

I dont think we have the guys to net us a superstar unless we can pull off a Baron davis or Vince Carter type of deal from back in the day. Im sayin that Otis has such a man crush on Hedo he wouldnt move him. I know alot of you guys disagree with me but Ive been sayin since the season started to deal Hedo for some legit help. Either a starting caliber PF, or a deal that nets us a PF and a SG or PG. Id still be interested to see if Philly would be at all interested in expirings + picks + Hedo + Redick for Daly + Dre or something to that extent.
thepantypeeler
Sophomore

Post#19 » by thepantypeeler » Thu Jan 17, 2008 6:25 am

tyrus thomas will definitely not go to orlando. magic strictly go after character guys and thomas is yet to prove he is one of those
thepantypeeler
Sophomore

Post#20 » by thepantypeeler » Thu Jan 17, 2008 6:39 am

we are definitely, definitely in need of some PF help to ease the rebounding/defensive load on Dwight.

Option 1. You guys may not think so but a team in need of an offensive spark could go for some combo of j.j., arroyo, dooling, and some filler. ****, i don't know if i even believe this

Option 2. go the high risk high reward route and trade hedo. i actually am all for this if it can net us some good talent. maybe something like

hedo (3 years at $6,373,900)
+
j.j. (2 years at $2,000,160 )

=

haslem (3 years at $6,050,000 )
+
dorrell wright (1 year at $2,040,746)

-J.J. essentially replaces kapono from last year at a discount. Hedo gives the heat another scoring option and makes Shaq into the more manageable third scoring option.

-the Magic get Haslem's rebounding and defense. they also get the athletic wright as a young wing defender.

maybe the Magic throw pick in too. this would be fine because haslem is a known commodity, he brings toughness, rebounding, defense, passion. things this team needs

what do you guys think?

Return to Orlando Magic