ImageImageImageImage

~The Submit Your Trade Idea~ Game

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

thepantypeeler
Sophomore
And1: 0

~The Submit Your Trade Idea~ Game 

Post#1 » by thepantypeeler » Thu Jan 17, 2008 6:52 am

Here are the rules :

1. everything must be reasonable. anything wild will be ignored.

2. you must use the ESPN.com Trade Machine provided here ===> http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/trademachine

3. you must follow the format i used to list the players and their contracts from the Trade Machine

4. you can only submit 1, so make it good

5. Very brief synopsis of why this would benefit each team

I say we need PF help badly. My trade is

Orlando
Hedo (3 years at $6,373,900)
+
J.J. (2 years at $2,000,160 )

=
Miami
Haslem (3 years at $6,050,000 )
+
Dorrell Wright (1 year at $2,040,746)

-J.J. essentially replaces Kapono from last year's Heat team at a discounted price. Hedo gives the Heat another scoring option and converts Shaq into the more manageable third scoring option.

-the Magic needs Haslem's toughness, passion, rebounding and defense. Dorrell Wright is a solid young and athletic player who can be a wing defender.

This could feasibly happen I think in the real world if the Magic threw in a point guard for the Heat to sweeten the deal for them. either Dooling or Arroyo I'd say. With that being said, I also think this may never happen because neither team would want to help out a division rival even if it would greatly benefit both.

Responses with Input on other's ideas and your own are welcome. Let the fun begin
theTHIEF
RealGM
And1: 214

Post#2 » by theTHIEF » Thu Jan 17, 2008 6:59 am

you have entered the realms of lunacy if you even think that Miami will trade Haslem AND Wright, to the Magic an instate rival, for JJ and Hedo...

Haslem and Parker is more realistic, Haslem and Davis is also mor realistic...that is IF the Heat are intent on even moving Haslem...Wright, is less realistic IMO...

did i break the rules??
thepantypeeler
Sophomore

Post#3 » by thepantypeeler » Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:03 am

you do realize Hedo has been playing at an All-Star level all season? That he has singlehandedly won games for us this year? That he was averaging almost 20 ppg before his recent slump?The Heat are in desperate need of some help. Wade is young but not young enough to want to stick around for 4-5 years for a full rebuilding period.
thepantypeeler
Sophomore

Re: ~The Submit Your Trade Idea~ Game 

Post#4 » by thepantypeeler » Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:07 am

thepantypeeler wrote:With that being said, I also think this may never happen because neither team would want to help out a division rival even if it would greatly benefit both.

Also, read the whole post.

Does it feel good to let out your frustration and be an ass online like you wish you could in the real world?
theTHIEF
RealGM

Post#5 » by theTHIEF » Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:21 am

man.....

thepantypeeler wrote:you do realize Hedo has been playing at an All-Star level all season?

really? hadnt really paid much attention, is he the tall light skinned guy with the accent?

also, it depends on who you poll in regards to the ASG candidate label...personally, i'd make a case for him, im a big Hedo fan...

thepantypeeler wrote:That he has singlehandedly won games for us this year?

your just piling it on me, trying to make me look like fool, and im an ass? haha, dont get me wrong, i can be one, but i wasnt earlier, now im probably going to get a little more ass like in your book...

any who, yea, im at every home game (unless im not able to make it), and i watch every game on tv...i've seen his heroics...great stuff...so all of the sudden that makes him the hot commodity item?

sure, there may be buzz, but one season of this type of play doesn't make you the ultimate trading chip....

just things you have to understand...

thepantypeeler wrote:The Heat are in desperate need of some help.

yes and no...they know they are in trouble...so they are probably already chalking this one up as a loss...so Riley is checking into options as we speak...he may make some moves here and there, but id be willing to bet that he does very little this season and just waits til the summer when they can focus...

thepantypeeler wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Also, read the whole post.

Does it feel good to let out your frustration and be an ass online like you wish you could in the real world?

i read your whole post...i disagreed, and i responded...welcome to the internet message board world...from my understanding, thats how it works...not to mention, you asked for it...

feel good to let my frustrations out? i don't even have frustrations, aside from a driver side front axle problem im having with my wife's new range rover and we're getting hosed on it by the dealership...what a mess...

an ass? sir i ask you to take that back...un-called for...
Illuminati
Banned User
And1: 11

Post#6 » by Illuminati » Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:29 am

The Magic are fine the way they are.
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,366

Post#7 » by Bensational » Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:40 am

Illuminati wrote:The Magic are fine the way they are.

when did Otis Smith sign up for a Realgm account?
mattyBoi
Head Coach
And1: 877

Post#8 » by mattyBoi » Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:17 am

Bryan Colangelo for Otis Smith

Looked it up and by golly it works in the trade checker.

Orlando Team Outlook: + Everything

No more giganticly ridiculous contract signings, no more muffed draft picks, no more fighting and burning bridges with agents, no more pointless horrid trades, no more false optimism, and best of all no more having to hear that he "likes" the way a LOSING team looks.

Throw in some holiday and tourist packages, we should be able to pull this off.
MagicFan3
Banned User
And1: 19

Post#9 » by MagicFan3 » Thu Jan 17, 2008 1:19 pm

mattyBoi wrote:Bryan Colangelo for Otis Smith

No more giganticly ridiculous contract signings, no more muffed draft picks, no more fighting and burning bridges with agents, no more pointless horrid trades, no more false optimism, and best of all no more having to hear that he "likes" the way a LOSING team looks.

We have a winner, get it done DeVos!
Gerhalt11
Assistant Coach
And1: 827

Post#10 » by Gerhalt11 » Thu Jan 17, 2008 2:23 pm

mattyBoi wrote:Bryan Colangelo for Otis Smith

Sooooo.....in short, become the Spurs. :)
magicman123
RealGM
And1: 722

Post#11 » by magicman123 » Thu Jan 17, 2008 6:31 pm

Oh this is easy...i play playstation all the time..

Orlando trades

nelson, bogans, garrity(3.9), augustine, 2nd round

Philadelphia trades

andre miller, jason smith

Ah why not lets do another

Orlando trades

jj redick, keyon dooling, carlos arroyo, 2008 1st round pick, 2nd round, rights to fran

golden state trades

monta ellis, mickael pietrus, matt barnes, kosta perovic

shall we do another

Orlando trades

brian cook

Memphis trades

damon stoudamire

our new team

miller....stoudamire/ellis
ellis......pietrus/evans
turk......evans/pietrus
lewis.....barnes/smith
howard..foyle/perovic
mattyBoi
Head Coach

Post#12 » by mattyBoi » Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:01 pm

Orlando trades Pat Garrity, Carlos Arroyo, Keyon Dooling, J.J. Redick, Rights to Fran Vazquez.

Philadelphia trades Samuel Dalembert, Willie Green, Future Second Round.
theTHIEF
RealGM

Post#13 » by theTHIEF » Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:04 pm

they wont come off Dalembert IMO (not to mention Cornstein is his agent), but

PG/Dooling/Bogans for Evans/Green = good trading...
Max Power
Head Coach
And1: 1,204

Post#14 » by Max Power » Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:06 pm

Orlando Sends
Hedo Turkoglu,
1st Round Pick
Carlos Arroyo
JJ Redick

LA Clippers send:
Elton Brand
Sam Cassell
2nd round pick

Orlando Receives
Elton Brand
Sam Cassell
2nd Round Pick

Magic Roster
C-Dwight/Foyle/Fran?
PF: Brand/Tony Battie/Cook
SF: Rashard Lewis/Bogans/Evans
SG: Bogans/Dooling
PG: Nelson/Cassell/Dooling
You look confused...let me fill you in.
theTHIEF
RealGM

Post#15 » by theTHIEF » Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:10 pm

I like Brand (injuries scare me) coming here, and i'd love a veteran PG...but I dont see them both being packaged together...I think the package above is fair value for Brand and maybe a scrub player, IF LAL is trying to move him or if he is ready to be out...
mattyBoi
Head Coach

Post#16 » by mattyBoi » Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:12 pm

How would we resign brand though, thats the only problem?
theTHIEF
RealGM

Post#17 » by theTHIEF » Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:14 pm

S&T baby...
mattyBoi
Head Coach

Post#18 » by mattyBoi » Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:14 pm

thEthIEf wrote:they wont come off Dalembert IMO (not to mention Cornstein is his agent), but

PG/Dooling/Bogans for Evans/Green = good trading...

I thought the same, but i got the idea from and espn article today about superstars on the move.

It said Philly wants to clear cap and move dalemberts 10 million dollar contract so they can make a run at Brand, and keep Louis williams and Iggy.

I wouldnt mind your trade either tho.
Max Power
Head Coach
And1: 1,204

Post#19 » by Max Power » Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:15 pm

Thief, I know my idea has that sort of "in your dreams" quality. I think the Clips may need to start over again, and Brand would probably love to play for a contender, with Orlando he would definetely be with one. The injury does scare me too, but in all honesty Brand seems like one of those guys who'd adapt his game without the explosiveness and still be one hell of a player.

I think a Brand trade to the Magic would work well for both sides, we get the PF, Brand goes East so not to torch them 4 times per year. Clips get a peaking Hedo Turkoglu to pare up with Maggette, JJ could do some damage there and Arroyo could be servicable until Livingston comes back. A good new start for all involved.
You look confused...let me fill you in.
theTHIEF
RealGM

Post#20 » by theTHIEF » Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:16 pm

well he's OVERPAID, but that's not something we're lacking experience in, so yea, Dally would be a great backup, but he still wont compliment Dwight on the court...i dont think...

Return to Orlando Magic