ImageImageImageImageImage

Sacramento (15-21) at Toronto (20-18)

Moderators: KF10, City of Trees, codydaze

KF10
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,446

Post#81 » by KF10 » Thu Jan 17, 2008 5:50 am

Yeah, kinda expected this...We are out of sync and the defensive rotations looked horrible IMO.... Bibby/Artest/Martin need several games to get the feel of the game...

I give Artest the benefit of the doubt, he looked very rusty and pretty much a non-factor on defense... He came out very early IMO.... Needed at least another week to recover....

Bibby is just Bibby.... His shot looked good..Played defense to some extent... But he needs to be more balance i.e. pass the ball (Although he made good passes but the other player didnt finish)....
bibby1023
Bench Warmer
And1: 208

Post#82 » by bibby1023 » Thu Jan 17, 2008 5:55 am

what's up guys im new to the boards, and I watched the whole game tonight as im sure most of you did.....some of you have already said this enough but the zone that we were running was a bad idea...the raptors were knocking down 3's especially kapono, delfino, and calderon.

with the bibby issue i agree with most of you that he needs to be traded if he doesn't start looking to pass the ball more that he looks to shoot the ball, if the kings can trade bibby for a power foward, that can stop people like Chris Bosh and other big men in the league we won't get slaughter down low like we did tonight.

They had 44 points in the paint, we had a measley 14, that's just ridiculous..we need to fix the problem down low, and the only way in doing that IMO is trading bibby, and soon

I understand that my username is Bibby1023, and I really like the guy, but there is a possibility we can do better w/o him in the lineup
KF10
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#83 » by KF10 » Thu Jan 17, 2008 6:00 am

bibby1023 wrote:what's up guys im new to the boards, and I watched the whole game tonight as im sure most of you did.....some of you have already said this enough but the zone that we were running was a bad idea...the raptors were knocking down 3's especially kapono, delfino, and calderon.

with the bibby issue i agree with most of you that he needs to be traded if he doesn't start looking to pass the ball more that he looks to shoot the ball, if the kings can trade bibby for a power foward, that can stop people like Chris Bosh and other big men in the league we won't get slaughter down low like we did tonight.

They had 44 points in the paint, we had a measley 14, that's just ridiculous..we need to fix the problem down low, and the only way in doing that IMO is trading bibby, and soon

I understand that my username is Bibby1023, and I really like the guy, but there is a possibility we can do better w/o him in the lineup

Welcome to the boards! Yeah, I agree with the assessment...Bibby needs to play a more balance game to make the game better and easier for his teammates...IMO I will give Bibby around 15-20 games at the most if he could prove himself that he actually changed his mindset, especially in offensive....
WesWesley
General Manager
And1: 5

Post#84 » by WesWesley » Thu Jan 17, 2008 6:07 am

kingsfan10 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Welcome to the boards! Yeah, I agree with the assessment...Bibby needs to play a more balance game to make the game better and easier for his teammates...IMO I will give Bibby around 15-20 games at the most if he could prove himself that he actually changed his mindset, especially in offensive....

Now that you've got to see Calderon first hand, what were your impressions?
5:26 LAC - B. Davis misses a layup
BMiller52
RealGM
And1: 0

Post#85 » by BMiller52 » Thu Jan 17, 2008 6:12 am

Man anyone else noticed how pissed Salmons looked on the bench? Seriously he looked pissed IMO. I would be too. He's playing great and doing everything now guys come back and jack all his minutes and shot attempts, it's not fair. I want to see John as our SF. Trade Bibby.
OGSactownballer
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,002

Post#86 » by OGSactownballer » Thu Jan 17, 2008 6:16 am

Fact is, Bibby is just being advertised to show that he is not damaged goods right now. So some guys are gonna lose PT for a minute while he gets shopped. Just as soon as he is moved you will see things move back where they were.
KF10
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#87 » by KF10 » Thu Jan 17, 2008 6:17 am

Wes_Wesley wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Now that you've got to see Calderon first hand, what were your impressions?

He looked better than I thought... He shot looked good and his presence on court for the Raps was positive... He had 14 assists...IMO those were the most quietest 14 assists ever lol...Regardless, his feel of the game looked very good...Excellent court awareness...Set his teammates up very nicely...

Overall, I could see why he could be within the top 10 PGs...He just needs to improve his defense overall IMO and etc....
KF10
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#88 » by KF10 » Thu Jan 17, 2008 6:19 am

BMiller52 wrote:Man anyone else noticed how pissed Salmons looked on the bench? Seriously he looked pissed IMO. I would be too. He's playing great and doing everything now guys come back and jack all his minutes and shot attempts, it's not fair. I want to see John as our SF. Trade Bibby.

Salmons looked pissed? Hmm, he should have known that this day is inevitable anyways IMO...True, it's unfair that Artest took his minutes but Salmons needs to adjust his game, bench-wise IMO....
Cruel_Ruin
Head Coach
And1: 767
Location: The intersection of intellect, imagination and insanity

Post#89 » by Cruel_Ruin » Thu Jan 17, 2008 6:32 am

BMiller52 wrote:Man anyone else noticed how pissed Salmons looked on the bench? Seriously he looked pissed IMO. I would be too. He's playing great and doing everything now guys come back and jack all his minutes and shot attempts, it's not fair. I want to see John as our SF. Trade Bibby.

How does trading Bibby get John his SF minutes back? Trade Ron right now, IMO. He's upped his value considerably and we can probably dump both KT and SAR to the Knicks for David Lee in return. Bibby needs to up his value and he's not killing team chemistry right now.
BMiller52
RealGM
And1: 0

Post#90 » by BMiller52 » Thu Jan 17, 2008 6:41 am

Cruel_Ruin wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

How does trading Bibby get John his SF minutes back? Trade Ron right now, IMO. He's upped his value considerably and we can probably dump both KT and SAR to the Knicks for David Lee in return. Bibby needs to up his value and he's not killing team chemistry right now.

Did you just watch the same game I did? :blank:

As was the case when the Kings were healthy, a roster that has no shortage of individual talent struggled to mesh collectively. And although all involved expected some sort of transition, even they didn't see this coming.

"I'm sure everybody will be like, Oh, great return, with everybody being back," Kings center Brad Miller said. "But we've been playing 40 games working without them and trying to get a bond together. It's going to change a few things. We just have to adjust to that, to try to get these guys mixed in."
http://www.sacbee.com/100/story/640521.html
ICMTM
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 176

Post#91 » by ICMTM » Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:02 am

Everything about this game was bad. The substitutions, the chemistry, The rust on some players. This game was horrible.
KANGZZZZZ!
Livno
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1

Post#92 » by Livno » Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:19 am

KingInExile wrote:I think Beno fits that description better (evident by his 7 assists versus Bibby's 0 assists).

Beno's 7 AST in just 18 MIN, Bibby's 0 AST in 29 MIN!
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
a-rod
Assistant Coach
And1: 21

Post#93 » by a-rod » Thu Jan 17, 2008 2:00 pm

Stanko Barac wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Beno's 7 AST in just 18 MIN, Bibby's 0 AST in 29 MIN!

we are 0-6 against run n gun teams thats not Bibby is fault, and beno is assist PG but hes not a play maker he doesn't make teammates better. bibby
on the other hand does make his teammates better because hes pure
play maker.
pillwenney wrote:
SacKingZZZ wrote:No thanks to Deng. I read a rumor surfing hoopshype awhile back saying Gay for Reke is a possibility.

Must be true, if it's a rumor you read on Hoopshype.
:rofl:
ImissJordan
General Manager
And1: 968

Post#94 » by ImissJordan » Thu Jan 17, 2008 2:41 pm

Wolfay wrote:Apparently, Moore is known as the "Bosh Killer". I really want to see this.

Well....so much for that theory.

(this post isn't intended to be a shot at you, but rather Mikki Moore; I f*cking hate that guy.)
Bibbinator
Rookie
And1: 3

Post#95 » by Bibbinator » Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:12 pm

a-rod wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

we are 0-6 against run n gun teams thats not Bibby is fault, and beno is assist PG but hes not a play maker he doesn't make teammates better. bibby
on the other hand does make his teammates better because hes pure
play maker.

I think Bibby wasn't really controlling the offense anyways, he would dribble the ball up the court, but he would pass it to someone else to set up the offense.

Bibby did have some hockey assists, passes that lead to a pass.
a-rod
Assistant Coach
And1: 21

Post#96 » by a-rod » Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:18 pm

Bibbinator wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I think Bibby wasn't really controlling the offense anyways, he would dribble the ball up the court, but he would pass it to someone else to set up the offense.

Bibby did have some hockey assists, passes that lead to a pass.

exactly.
pillwenney wrote:
SacKingZZZ wrote:No thanks to Deng. I read a rumor surfing hoopshype awhile back saying Gay for Reke is a possibility.

Must be true, if it's a rumor you read on Hoopshype.
:rofl:
Smills91
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#97 » by Smills91 » Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:27 pm

He STARTED, he played like CRAP most of the game. He deserved to be on the bench for how he played.
KingInExile
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4

Post#98 » by KingInExile » Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:50 pm

Smills91 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

He STARTED, he played like CRAP most of the game. He deserved to be on the bench for how he played.
Hmmm...in the game I saw Salmons was playing just fine when he got yanked in the 1st quarter then never really had any consistent time afterwards. I also saw Garcia making his normal stupid mistakes but getting time on the floor, Artest being ineffective and a liability but still get a lot of burn, and Martin playing pretty crappy for most of the game but still get a lot of time. I think Salmons had good reason to be pissed last night. Prior to last night he has been busting his ass and producing for the team. But last night he got rewarded for that by getting screwed over.
This space needs to be filled with a new sig...but I'm too lazy to make one.
Smills91
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#99 » by Smills91 » Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:59 pm

I agree Ron played bad, Beno played bad, John played bad and Mikki played bad.\\Garcia played ok, Bibby was shooting well, Martin started slow and got it going and Brad was pretty good.
OGSactownballer
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,002

Post#100 » by OGSactownballer » Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:00 pm

Smills91 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

In case you forgot, he played like crap for three quarters of the Dallas game too - then erupted with Kevin to score 14 in the fourth including the winning bucket with 2.4 on the clock. He often starts slow, but he is always there the whole game busting his ass in other ways if he isn't scoring.

Return to Sacramento Kings