ImageImageImageImageImage

BIBBY TO NEWYORK (A SMOKESCREEN ! )

Moderators: KF10, City of Trees, codydaze

dozencousins
Analyst
And1: 135

BIBBY TO NEWYORK (A SMOKESCREEN ! ) 

Post#1 » by dozencousins » Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:21 pm

guys if we do trade bibby like everyone else i would want the maximum value in return we can get possible that said i believe the rumor of bobby going to the knicks is a smokescreen !

I of course could be wrong but the idea of trading a deal such as bibby & thomas for starbury makes no sense to me because both bibby and starbury's contract expire next year so basically we are just adding k9 in a deal just to unload him it makes sense to a point but then we are practically getting nothing really for bibby as starbury with his bloated grossly overpaid contract would not be resigned past next year !

the only scenerio i see as making this deal worth it is something along the lines of marbury,f.jones (expiring) & d.lee for bibby,k9 & rahiim getting rid of 2 bad contracts on the kings wich i dont see happening !

my question to you guys is are you in agreement with me that tthis is a smokescreen to up the anties that teams like the heat,cavs etc. maybe offering or do you see this a legitimate ?

thoughts ?

i dont see it happening

here is hoping both bibby & artest have huge games for the kings tonight and for the next several games as there value would rise if they have big games !
KingFan4Life24
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#2 » by KingFan4Life24 » Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:48 pm

It could be, but i do believe all general mangers know what everything is going on between teams talking. I dont believe, GMS sit there and read papers and say oh, marbury for bibby, they can get high value. Even though i think the knicks interested in Bibby is legit, I dont think they have a shot at it.
KingInExile
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4

Post#3 » by KingInExile » Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:52 pm

Umm...what rumors have there been about Bibby to the Knicks? I don't recall hearing any...even from the fantasies of Peter Vescey.
This space needs to be filled with a new sig...but I'm too lazy to make one.
deNIEd
Banned User
And1: 30

Post#4 » by deNIEd » Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:22 pm

Sacbee Today small mention

http://www.sacbee.com/100/story/638005.html

"But according to two league sources who didn't want to be identified because of the private nature of trade talks, New York has an interest in Bibby, as well. Yet a possible obstacle in those dealings could be forward David Lee. The athletic third-year big man out of Florida represents the very sort of piece the Kings are coveting as they enter this new rebuilding era at a pace of measured and patient deliberation. Lee has upside galore and a contract (a combined $2.8 million remaining for this season and next) that lends itself to a more sane salary cap."

Article by Amick

Well, would you guys consider a purely salary dump on the kings part?
Bibby+Thomas+Shareef?
I still don't see why the Knicks would want Bibby, and what the kings are looking for, other than a salary dump. If Artest won't bring Lee, then Bibby won't either. At least in my mind, Artest has more value than Bibby.

Grr, i'm tired of waiting. I wish i had a timemachine and just find out exactly what petrie's doing.... :banghead:
dozencousins
Analyst
And1: 135

Post#5 » by dozencousins » Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:07 pm

if we did dump salary to newyork if it involved taking marbury with no lee the only 2 scenerios i would do is

a. bibby,thomas and rahiim for marbury & jones (jones being a final year contract & marbury a huge contract at the end of the following year !

or

b. basically the same deal as A but the difference is we demand the knicks 1st round pick unprotected in this upcoming draft !
SacKingZZZ
RealGM
And1: 1,082

Post#6 » by SacKingZZZ » Thu Jan 17, 2008 4:18 am

Bibby for Marbury is pretty good value from a talent perspective and his contract would aid a rebuilding effort targeted for '09 very much. Now, with that said we better be getting something besides just Marbury. I'd settle for Marbs and one of the Knicks youngsters.
BMiller52
RealGM

Post#7 » by BMiller52 » Thu Jan 17, 2008 4:50 am

SacKingZZZ wrote:Bibby for Marbury is pretty good value from a talent perspective and his contract would aid a rebuilding effort targeted for '09 very much. Now, with that said we better be getting something besides just Marbury. I'd settle for Marbs and one of the Knicks youngsters.

I'll take Marbury+Lee+Jones for Mike+Kenny+SAR. Mike is proving he can still play well, Marbury's injured+a cancer and might need surgery on his ankle. Their contracts are the same length.
SacKingZZZ
RealGM

Post#8 » by SacKingZZZ » Thu Jan 17, 2008 5:05 am

BMiller52 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I'll take Marbury+Lee+Jones for Mike+Kenny+SAR. Mike is proving he can still play well, Marbury's injured+a cancer and might need surgery on his ankle. Their contracts are the same length.

If anyone is doubting who or what Mike Bibby is they aren't paying attention. I am pretty sure no GM is unsure in those regards. That deal would be fine, I am still a bigger fan of Balkman, but that may just be me. If Lee was a sticking point then oh well. The only reason I would rather have Lee is because he may have more value down the road.
Ballings7
RealGM
And1: 1,470

Post#9 » by Ballings7 » Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:48 am

I'd do Marbury for Bibby. Marbury probably doesn't play for us, too. I'd say he wouldn't.

Trading Mike opens up things more for a few other guys (varying, but definitely increases there). Eliminates any questionability of Mike not playing how he needs to at PG with this team as long as he's here, and the possibility of that balanced offensive play from Mike being inconsistent.

It'd be so silly when the media begins their multiple hypings of Marbury/Artest stuff, too. Which is the type of pathetic material that's simply required for the media to do anything and as much as possible with. And in the end, is just insignificant.
The Playoffs don't care about your Analytics
NATHANBIBBY
Senior

Post#10 » by NATHANBIBBY » Thu Jan 17, 2008 2:25 pm

Well lets weigh up Udrih versus Bibby.

Udrih Bibby (Last year Stats)
MPG: 35.7 34
PPG: 13.7 17.1
APG: 4.8 4.7
RPG: 3.6 3.2
SPG: 1.2 1.1
TPG: 2.68 2.4
FG% .438 .404

Theres not really much differnce statisticly Bibby scores more but allows more points through he's defence. The way I see it, is that one has to go, and Bibby definatly has the higher value right now, I say test the waters with him, see if we can get any young players/draftpicks.

I like the Marbury/Lee/Jones for Bibby/Thomas/SAR. Lucky its New York and they dont mind taking expensive crap
Fury
RealGM
And1: 14,934

Post#11 » by Fury » Thu Jan 17, 2008 5:31 pm

We're not giving up Lee and taking back salaries.
Smills91
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#12 » by Smills91 » Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:26 pm

Fury wrote:We're not giving up Lee and taking back salaries.

You're not doing much of anything.
Fury
RealGM
And1: 14,934

Post#13 » by Fury » Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:32 pm

Ummm ok.
Smills91
Banned User

Post#14 » by Smills91 » Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:43 pm

Fury wrote:Ummm ok.
Exactly.
rpa
RealGM
And1: 7,453

Post#15 » by rpa » Thu Jan 17, 2008 8:29 pm

NATHANBIBBY wrote:Well lets weigh up Udrih versus Bibby.

FG% .438 .404

Theres not really much differnce statisticly Bibby scores more but allows more points through he's defence. The way I see it, is that one has to go, and Bibby definatly has the higher value right now, I say test the waters with him, see if we can get any young players/draftpicks.

I like the Marbury/Lee/Jones for Bibby/Thomas/SAR. Lucky its New York and they dont mind taking expensive crap

Bibby also had the hand injury last year so it's hard to use his stats from last year as any kind of future indicator.
truth serum
Banned User
And1: 35

Post#16 » by truth serum » Thu Jan 17, 2008 8:32 pm

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

So we're gonna take back TWO horrible contracts and give up Lee for BIBBY? The same guy who led you no where last year and hasn't even logged a minute yet this season? This isn't Jason Kidd we're talking about here fellas. And I'm not trying to pass Lee off as some sort of all-star talent....hell, I wouldn't even do that trade if you took Lee out of it. What makes you guys think teams are lining up to help out the Sacramento Kings? I guess Isiah's rep is that bad huh?

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Ballings7
RealGM

Post#17 » by Ballings7 » Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:03 pm

Well, there have been several calls to the Kings about Bibby and Artest. People just have to put the right deal on the table for serious considerations. Obviously hasn't been much of that, thus no deal.

Good night.
Smills91
Banned User

Post#18 » by Smills91 » Fri Jan 18, 2008 3:10 am

At The Mecca wrote::rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

So we're gonna take back TWO horrible contracts and give up Lee for BIBBY? The same guy who led you no where last year and hasn't even logged a minute yet this season? This isn't Jason Kidd we're talking about here fellas. And I'm not trying to pass Lee off as some sort of all-star talent....hell, I wouldn't even do that trade if you took Lee out of it. What makes you guys think teams are lining up to help out the Sacramento Kings? I guess Isiah's rep is that bad huh?

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1st your an ignoramus because you're talking out of your ass. Bibby came back last night dropped in 19 points off the bench and hit 4 three pointers. So yes he actually has logged some minutes, and didn't look a bit rusty for a guy who's been out 36 games. Second, you're talking about the Knicks here who have absolutely ZERO leverage in ANY trade due to the lame duck status of Isiah, the lack of talent on the roster and the number of just F-AWFUL (like f-ugly) contracts on their roster.

David Lee's a nice player(he's a fringe starter/super sub type, but he's no franchise guy. His role is to be a poor man's Dennis Rodman. Bibby is a borderline all-star caliber point guard. There's a huge talent gap between the two players, HUGE.
SacKingZZZ
RealGM

Post#19 » by SacKingZZZ » Fri Jan 18, 2008 5:27 am

NATHANBIBBY wrote:Well lets weigh up Udrih versus Bibby.

FG% .438 .404

Well the numbers don't really tell how much Mike can add to a team. He is probably the best shooting PG in the league. But, the way the team was playing under Beno was quite promising.
Ballings7
RealGM

Post#20 » by Ballings7 » Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:59 am

I'd do a deal with the Knicks or Cavs or Lakers for Bibby - as long as the package is above-average. Which is what is being commanded by Petrie, obviously.

Return to Sacramento Kings