ImageImageImageImage

A quick Chad Ford comment on the trading deadline

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

laVal03
Sixth Man
And1: 6

Post#21 » by laVal03 » Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:47 pm

thief, have you seen Curry's rebounding #'s??? yeah, make the case that he will be next to the best rebounder in the NBA, thats true however, Dwight needs help! not to mention he shoots free throws at a worst percentage than dwight, come on we already lose games b/c of our team ft % you want more losses?

I say no to both of those bloated bastards
theTHIEF
RealGM
And1: 214

Post#22 » by theTHIEF » Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:54 pm

you guys really need to read what i say, instead of just focusing on certain things...not to mention, players change...if your in an environment like NY and your constantly being benched, and your losing, how do you feel? if you get a chance to go elsewhere, work with a new coach, new trainers and find a role, you typically become happier and you even tend to play better...

as I said, OFF THE BENCH, Curry would be a dynamite addition...regardless of how you feel about the guy, he's still 6'11 300lbs, he still muscles 3/4 of the NBA out of the block and he still get's his shots up...
laVal03
Sixth Man

Post#23 » by laVal03 » Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:03 pm

I know you are a nice guy and I read where u were taking shots from a guy in another thread, I'm in no way taking shots at you for wanting him, I actually would have liked him here a couple of years ago before his contract, I don't want a $40 million dollar guy coming off the bench and I can't see him being happy with it either-

i also see where u said if the $$$ was right but reality is hes not taking a paycut so no need to talk about it
theTHIEF
RealGM

Post#24 » by theTHIEF » Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:07 pm

well that is the only area where its a definite no from me...when i said $$$ is right, i meant he'd have to be cheaper...and i also said only if we got him for basically nothing...2 scenarios which wont materialize...so it is moot...but i think people often jump too quick on things...

i give Curry one more chance, he just needs the right guy to pick him up, dust him off, give him a change of clothes and point him in the right direction...he has a lot of viable resources...IMO he has just given up...
laVal03
Sixth Man

Post#25 » by laVal03 » Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:19 pm

btw did I say Chad Ford was an idiot!

thief, you going to watch UFC 80 sat. night or are u just a fan of Rampage?
theTHIEF
RealGM

Post#26 » by theTHIEF » Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:24 pm

no im a huge UFC guy as well as Pride, K-1 and Bushido...it all depends on the game, we play portland that night...so as long as I can get out of there, and get home in time, I may go to the wing house on 436, some of my buddies have tables reserved there every time there is a fight...but im also not a huge fan of places like the wing house and hooters, they make me uncomfortable...so if not there, satellite...
laVal03
Sixth Man

Post#27 » by laVal03 » Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:35 pm

thEthIEf wrote:no im a huge UFC guy as well as Pride, K-1 and Bushido...it all depends on the game, we play portland that night...so as long as I can get out of there, and get home in time, I may go to the wing house on 436, some of my buddies have tables reserved there every time there is a fight...but im also not a huge fan of places like the wing house and hooters, they make me uncomfortable...so if not there, satellite...

haha, I must have seen you or ur friends up there, that winghouse on 436 is where I would go for EVERY UFC event when I lived there 2 yrs ago

why do they make you uncomfortable??? b/c ur married and might do something you shouldn't or what??
zerp
Rookie
And1: 36

Post#28 » by zerp » Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:38 pm

TooNice00 wrote:this trade won't happen for money reasons. there is no way i would invest around 250 million dollars all together for randolph, howard, and lewis. talk about being idiotic.

And 118 only for Lewis it's not idiot ? :crazy:
Go MAGIC
theTHIEF
RealGM

Post#29 » by theTHIEF » Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:50 pm

well, once i became married i only had eyes for my wife...so im not worried about making a mistake, and i hardly ever make a point to notice another woman in such a way...but there they force it on you, and it's just not why i like to be there, i like their food though, when im in a junk food mood, those wings and sandwiches are tops...

so jut the scantily clad woman roaming around, i dont dig those types of places, must be why i have never found myself inside a strip club...not my bag...

not saying there is anything wrong, it's your business if you do it/like it...just my feeling...

well, not sure about 2 years ago...but i have several buddies who fight for a few local teams, and they go up there all the time...
laVal03
Sixth Man

Post#30 » by laVal03 » Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:02 pm

they definately have the best wings imo (don't care for hooters food at all) but I know what your saying in fact almost everytime I was there, my fiance was with me
to me they have good food and I'm all about sports bars but the main reason we went there was b/c we didn't know of any other place playing it and my boys girl worked there so she would save us a spot as that place gets jammed pack for UFC fights
TooNice00
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#31 » by TooNice00 » Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:32 pm

zerp wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

And 118 only for Lewis it's not idiot ? :crazy:
it was dumb too. but you don't need to keep adding more salary just because of the rashard signing and you are now over the cap. randolph isn't worth 13-17 million a year. and if you keep adding players like that you will end up like the knicks.
mattyBoi
Head Coach
And1: 894

Post#32 » by mattyBoi » Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:57 pm

Did you guys catch Matt Hughes get spanked by Pierre...The man is BADDDD
thepantypeeler
Sophomore

Post#33 » by thepantypeeler » Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:52 am

Randolph is the one asking to be traded
thepantypeeler
Sophomore

Post#34 » by thepantypeeler » Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:53 am

i would take randolph for some expirings. he does actually care, curry doesn't
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,901

Post#35 » by drsd » Fri Jan 18, 2008 11:03 am

Eddy Curry would be a great fit next to Howard. All pressure would be off and he could focus on his game as a third/forth option.
Optimus_Steel
RealGM
And1: 11,147

Post#36 » by Optimus_Steel » Fri Jan 18, 2008 1:11 pm

Thief, if you want Curry to come off the bench, would Curry be ok with that and not complain? When he got benched earlier this month he was pouting and complaining that he had never come off the bench in his career and bla bla bla. Would he accept it? I dont think he would.
aka: prorl
theTHIEF
RealGM

Post#37 » by theTHIEF » Fri Jan 18, 2008 1:37 pm

couldnt tell you...but if it was explained to him that he would run the show off the bench, and if he accepted his roll, it would be great...you could be right...there is also a difference in making someone do something versus working with them on something and helping them to understand the importance of...something tells me that eddy just needs to feel wanted and needed...

just think about it, how does a guy who was monsterizing the league over the last 2 seasons, come into this season and just be a ghost not having suffered any injuries, not having had any weight problems...
mhectorgato
RealGM
And1: 574

Post#38 » by mhectorgato » Fri Jan 18, 2008 2:07 pm

thEthIEf wrote:couldnt tell you...but if it was explained to him that he would run the show off the bench, and if he accepted his roll, it would be great...you could be right...there is also a difference in making someone do something versus working with them on something and helping them to understand the importance of...something tells me that eddy just needs to feel wanted and needed...

just think about it, how does a guy who was monsterizing the league over the last 2 seasons, come into this season and just be a ghost not having suffered any injuries, not having had any weight problems...

:D
NEM wrote: However, I'm a fan of my team winning so, keep the winning coming. All the "tank" fans can take their crap to another board. We are here to win.
theTHIEF
RealGM

Post#39 » by theTHIEF » Fri Jan 18, 2008 2:08 pm

i figured someone would pickup on that, and i actually thought it would be you of all people...
mhectorgato
RealGM
And1: 574

Post#40 » by mhectorgato » Fri Jan 18, 2008 2:23 pm

thEthIEf wrote:i figured someone would pickup on that, and i actually thought it would be you of all people...

Maybe Eddy just needs a hug :hug:
NEM wrote: However, I'm a fan of my team winning so, keep the winning coming. All the "tank" fans can take their crap to another board. We are here to win.

Return to Orlando Magic