ImageImageImageImage

SVG and his frankness

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

LiteHedded
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 0

Post#21 » by LiteHedded » Thu Jan 17, 2008 4:10 pm

mhectorgato wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

For what reasons though?

Do those reasons make him more desirable?

There are reasons why things are sold at loss ...

yup.
Gerhalt11
Assistant Coach
And1: 827

Post#22 » by Gerhalt11 » Thu Jan 17, 2008 4:16 pm

It seems like there's always something that SVG says in a post game press conference that strikes a chord in a positive way, but the problems don't seem to be getting fixed. It's one thing to recognize a problem, it's quite another to actually correct it. This is not to say anything bad about Stan the Man, I have infinitely more confidence in him than I did in Brian Hill. And obviously the players are to blame at least as much if not more than Stan. But as the coach, the buck really does stop with you when it comes to improving a team on the court.
knappy
Junior
And1: 0

Post#23 » by knappy » Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:28 pm

I think SVG will get this team turned around - the question is how much and we are hurting with no PF to play consistent minutes.

I just hope we can get a good PF - I think we should be able to get someone decent for Dooling and JJ.

We need a backup PG if we move Arroyo.
lovehoops01
General Manager
And1: 1

Post#24 » by lovehoops01 » Sat Jan 19, 2008 12:15 pm

CraZyPraiZ wrote:Joakim noah is probably very available.

What if they could get Noah for Garrity?

I have to say....it does make me a little nervous that he has had those clashes with his team. But if he was mad because he didn't think they were trying hard, is that such a bad thing? What if Ben is just mad because he thinks he actually might be on track to replace him and he's throwing his veteran weight around? Noah does play with energy, and he does want to win. We know that. His habit of showing up late to practice is a bad thing. If I were Otis, I certainly wouldn't make a deal without giving Skiles a call, but it's not like Garrity's doing anything for the team sitting on the bench. And Chicago seems to have an abundance of big men -- they can't all get playing time between Ben, Ty Thomas, Noah, Joe Smith, etc.

I guess it depends what direction they want to go with their roster. If Paxson is going to make changes, it would seem that now would be the time since he hasn't set his next coach in stone yet. He can make deals without having to consult his coach.

Did anyone hear Stan's radio show on Thursday by the way? I was out of town and missed it and was wondering what he had to say.
lovehoops01
General Manager
And1: 1

Post#25 » by lovehoops01 » Sat Jan 19, 2008 1:58 pm

Gerhalt11 wrote:It seems like there's always something that SVG says in a post game press conference that strikes a chord in a positive way, but the problems don't seem to be getting fixed. It's one thing to recognize a problem, it's quite another to actually correct it. This is not to say anything bad about Stan the Man, I have infinitely more confidence in him than I did in Brian Hill. And obviously the players are to blame at least as much if not more than Stan. But as the coach, the buck really does stop with you when it comes to improving a team on the court.

I think it's not out of the realm of possibilities that Otis and Stan are going to need to work together this summer to get at least a couple players -- either in free agency or through the draft -- who do some things that Stan is not able to get out of the guys he has on the roster right now. There really wasn't time to do a lot of that this summer, and Stan never had coached the players who had been here so he didn't know their strengths and weaknesses. I think most of the pieces they have signed for the long term are useful. They have to determine who is useful who is a free agent that they might want to keep around and who they can let go (or use in a trade before the deadline) to make way for someone who will do something that they need.

Return to Orlando Magic