ImageImageImageImage

The Enigma That Is Fran Vazquez

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

The Letter J
Starter
And1: 0

Post#61 » by The Letter J » Fri Jan 18, 2008 11:34 am

devin3807 wrote:"Being drafted was obviously very flattering"

This pisses me off.

:lol:
CourtsideTV
RealGM
And1: 349

Post#62 » by CourtsideTV » Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:48 pm

trade JJ and Fran for a disgruntled pao gasol LOL
Work Hard
Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 15,648

Post#63 » by Howard Mass » Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:59 pm

I think the Magic should give Vazquez a chance here.

His game probably would transfer over here better and that mid-range jumper he has would fit in well here.

One reason why the Magic drafted him was his impressive frame and also to play next to Dwight Howard defensively.

Vazquez is never going to be a star but could be a good bigman defensively with a nice jump shot to go with. A bonus here is his leap. The guy jumps like Marcus Camby.

If Vazquez comes over, I could see him playing around 10-15 minutes per game. He also has value around the league if Otis Smith decides to trade his rights but he has rejected offers for them.

For the skeptics, Let's say after the first year it is not working out, the Magic could decline his third-year option or trade him someone as bigmen on that low salary contract would still have value to a team.

You cannot teach size in this league and for that reason alone, Vazquez is worth a shot.
R.I.P. Dharam Raghubir (A.K.A. Magnumt)

:beer:
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,908

Post#64 » by drsd » Fri Jan 18, 2008 1:58 pm

Howard Mass wrote:I think the Magic should give Vazquez a chance here.

His game probably would transfer over here better and that mid-range jumper he has would fit in well here.

One reason why the Magic drafted him was his impressive frame and also to play next to Dwight Howard defensively.

Vazquez is never going to be a star but could be a good bigman defensively with a nice jump shot to go with. A bonus here is his leap. The guy jumps like Marcus Camby.

If Vazquez comes over, I could see him playing around 10-15 minutes per game. He also has value around the league if Otis Smith decides to trade his rights but he has rejected offers for them.

For the skeptics, Let's say after the first year it is not working out, the Magic could decline his third-year option or trade him someone as bigmen on that low salary contract would still have value to a team.

You cannot teach size in this league and for that reason alone, Vazquez is worth a shot.

To add: many big men can bang inside. And in Europe, quite of few bigs can shoot the deep jump. What is missed by most is a nice midrange jumper. The 10-15 footer. Vazquez definitely has this shot. This mid-game complements the Magic wing players, the slashers, and Howard's inside dominance.

Return to Orlando Magic