ImageImageImageImage

On the Dan Sileo Show Otis......

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

TooNice00
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#141 » by TooNice00 » Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:07 pm

neither darko or battie are anything special. they are both good for around 25mpg and thats about it whether they do it off the bench or starting. they are both overpaid but i'll take the one who gets paid less. orlando doesn't need darko and i am glad he is gone.
mttingly2391
Sophomore

Post#142 » by mttingly2391 » Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:10 pm

Thief:

I agree that Battie is valuable past his stats. But c'mon. He does not have a reliable anything on offense. If you watch the Magic on a regular basis you will see Battie misses more shot from point blank range than any other player on the team. I'm not saying I don't want him on the team, but he is not worth the money we are paying him. I do hate Otis as a GM right now, but I am not blinded because of that. You didn't see the potential of Darko and Dwight last year during stretch runs? Its not like Darko is 30 and in the prime of his career. He is still developing and it would have been better to see him develop with Dwight then watch a maximum reach Battie not do a whole lot. Battie would be our starting PF this year if he wasn't injured. Could we have won more games with him, yes I think so. But he is not anywhere near a starting PF.

I'm not sold on Darko yet, but I was and am not ready to give up on a 7footer so young. I guess you guys are. Why are you so high on Battie. Think about his game and think about his salary. Then think if he is a starting PF. Be honest
theTHIEF
RealGM
And1: 214

Post#143 » by theTHIEF » Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:12 pm

yea, im not making a case for Battie as a starter, but dont knock the guy and his contributions...IMO though, if I had to pick between he and Darko for any reason when he came to a lineup, i'd take Battie...
mttingly2391
Sophomore

Post#144 » by mttingly2391 » Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:15 pm

Dont' knock the guy? Why? Isn't that what these message boards and forums are for? For fans to discuss and states their opinions. I'll knock him. He is a good leader, makes good contributions on the floor (for a bench player) and he is a good all around guy. But my point is he is not a starting NBA 4 or 5 and he is overpaid. But I guess all of that comes back to the original point of this thread...Otis Smith. Otis is the one that had Tony as our starting 4 before his injury. Otis is the one who resigned him.
Optimus_Steel
RealGM
And1: 11,133

Post#145 » by Optimus_Steel » Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:20 pm

I cant believe this thread has gone this long.
aka: prorl
theTHIEF
RealGM

Post#146 » by theTHIEF » Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:21 pm

mttingly2391 wrote:Thief:

I agree that Battie is valuable past his stats. But c'mon. He does not have a reliable anything on offense. If you watch the Magic on a regular basis you will see Battie misses more shot from point blank range than any other player on the team. I'm not saying I don't want him on the team, but he is not worth the money we are paying him. I do hate Otis as a GM right now, but I am not blinded because of that. You didn't see the potential of Darko and Dwight last year during stretch runs? Its not like Darko is 30 and in the prime of his career. He is still developing and it would have been better to see him develop with Dwight then watch a maximum reach Battie not do a whole lot. Battie would be our starting PF this year if he wasn't injured. Could we have won more games with him, yes I think so. But he is not anywhere near a starting PF.

I'm not sold on Darko yet, but I was and am not ready to give up on a 7footer so young. I guess you guys are. Why are you so high on Battie. Think about his game and think about his salary. Then think if he is a starting PF. Be honest

i hate when people say this...i guess when people say this to me from now on i should just say stuff like

i've been a season ticket holder since before we drafted Shaq...while i've missed my share of games...i happen to watch just about every home game up close, and i do mean, up close...not to mention im glued to the screen during away games...a large HD screen that is...

as for Battie's shot, it's a pretty good shot my friend...every player misses...maybe you should watch closer...i'll have to take you to a game next year...
TooNice00
Banned User

Post#147 » by TooNice00 » Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:21 pm

oh this is just dumb. more people would be complaing if otis signed darko for 7 million a year.
mhectorgato
RealGM
And1: 574

Post#148 » by mhectorgato » Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:21 pm

mttingly2391 wrote:Dont' knock the guy? Why? Isn't that what these message boards and forums are for? For fans to discuss and states their opinions. I'll knock him. He is a good leader, makes good contributions on the floor (for a bench player) and he is a good all around guy. But my point is he is not a starting NBA 4 or 5 and he is overpaid. But I guess all of that comes back to the original point of this thread...Otis Smith. Otis is the one that had Tony as our starting 4 before his injury. Otis is the one who resigned him.

Quick question ... how familiar are you with the CBA? Would you consider yourself a capologist?

Are you even a Magic fan, because quite frankly, I don't recall you posting much here before?
NEM wrote: However, I'm a fan of my team winning so, keep the winning coming. All the "tank" fans can take their crap to another board. We are here to win.
theTHIEF
RealGM

Post#149 » by theTHIEF » Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:26 pm

haha now your just being sophomoric...these message boards are for whatever your mind wants them to be, apparently...but i never refuted that...

my "dont knock the guy" comment was generalized, which im sure you know...your welcome to knock him on anything you like...i just dont think there should be a Battie vs. Darko comparison...and the simple facts that 2) there is a comparison being made and b) Battie was never scouted as having "all the potential in the world" , just might reveal how worthless Darko really is, at the age of 22...
mttingly2391
Sophomore

Post#150 » by mttingly2391 » Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:28 pm

OH here we go. Where to begin.

Theif: Sorry man, I didn't mean to offend you. I didn't mean it to sound sarcastic. I just didn't want to assume that you watch all the games. I too am I season ticket holder and watch all the games on tv that I am not at. Good for you man. I'm glad to meet another true fan. Sorry for the confusion. On the other note...Battie is not that good of a shooter. For a guy that spends most of his time in the paint, he only average about 47.5% from the floor since being with teh Magic. I feel that when I watch him play, he makes one or two shots then he start taking outside jumpers and turn around jump shots and he rarely hits these on a regular basis. I'm aware that everyone misses, but I just don't think he has a good shot. Its great that he can hit from 12-15 every once in awhile. But hey, that's your opinion and this is mine. They can be different.

Hey mhectorgato: I guess since I don't post here that often that makes me not a true Magic fan right? Wow, you're pretty cool. Anyway, I am very familiar with the CBA, which again, has nothing to do with this thread. I have been visiting this site pretty much since it began. I have just recently decided to start posted after reading some things that I didn't agree with. So please don't try to say I'm less of a fan because I haven't posted here everday for the last year or so.
mhectorgato
RealGM

Post#151 » by mhectorgato » Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:33 pm

mttingly2391 wrote:Hey mhectorgato: I guess since I don't post here that often that makes me not a true Magic fan right? Wow, you're pretty cool.

Not saying that at all ...

For all I know you could simply be a troll trying to stir things up.

Anyway, I am very familiar with the CBA, which again, has nothing to do with this thread. I have been visiting this site pretty much since it began. I have just recently decided to start posted after reading some things that I didn't agree with.

The reason for asking is by saying that we should have kept Darko AND signed Lewis suggests that perhaps there's not much of an understanding of the CBA, with the Base Year Compensation and all...

Right now don't remember if you suggested this or not ... too many posts blurring together.

So please don't try to say I'm less of a fan because I haven't posted here everday for the last year or so.

Please don't put words in my virtual mouth. Once again you could be (picks random team) Knick fan simply trying to start things up here.
NEM wrote: However, I'm a fan of my team winning so, keep the winning coming. All the "tank" fans can take their crap to another board. We are here to win.
theTHIEF
RealGM

Post#152 » by theTHIEF » Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:37 pm

yea, you seem to be doing a lot of dirt kicking not to mention i feel that you have insinuated many things which may or may not have been there...over all your going about extracting info from fellow fans and trying to have a regular talk about session in the wrong manner, im not usually one for long debates, but when i see certain things they irk me, this irked me...

you just haven't yet settled in...no biggie...
mttingly2391
Sophomore

Post#153 » by mttingly2391 » Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:38 pm

No problem Mhector...sorry about that. Its all good.
TooNice00
Banned User

Post#154 » by TooNice00 » Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:38 pm

u just joined seven days ago. thats why people wonder why the first thing you do is come on here and complain about otis. really everyone of your post is in this thread
mttingly2391
Sophomore

Post#155 » by mttingly2391 » Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:41 pm

Yeah thanks toonice. This thread is why I decided to join. What is this a private club? I have to defend myself for joining the Magic fan message boards. Okay...interesting.
mattyBoi
Head Coach
And1: 877

Post#156 » by mattyBoi » Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:45 pm

Ok everyone on this board KNOWS that when darko was here, he was a young big with loads of potential, mid range shot, hook shots, swated hella shots and had good interior defense.

You cant say look at how hes playing now im glad we didnt sign him...Hes playing next to Pau Gasol, a guy how takes loadsss of shots and constantly gets the ball...Kind of the opposite of dwight who takes far less shots.

Then you have this guy saying: devin3807 wrote
See that's the thing with just about everyone who sits around here yapping "Otis SUX sooo bad!!!"; you just assume that all these other things would be true.

and then goes on to write: devin3807 wrote
That's funny, 'cause that's not what Darko is averaging.

How about 6.5ppg, 5.7rpg, 1.9bpg? Oh yeah, on 42 FG% and 46FT%, 43.1 TS%.

Clearly contridicting yourself by "assuming" those numbers would be the same if he was with the magic.

Point is we would be better off had we signed darko to an extension when we had the chance, and then went on to sign rashard.

There is no getting around that or denying it.
mhectorgato
RealGM

Post#157 » by mhectorgato » Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:45 pm

mttingly2391 wrote:No problem Mhector...sorry about that. Its all good.

Goo.d. How about me and your "source". Are we good?
mttingly2391
Sophomore

Post#158 » by mttingly2391 » Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:48 pm

Nice points Mattyboi..I agree fully.

Mhectorgato: My source is still unhappy with you...just kidding man. Everything is good. The source I was talking about is pretty close to the situation, but don't we all have those sources? Its all good.
TooNice00
Banned User

Post#159 » by TooNice00 » Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:49 pm

mttingly2391 wrote:Yeah thanks toonice. This thread is why I decided to join. What is this a private club? I have to defend myself for joining the Magic fan message boards. Okay...interesting.

i was just saying. didn't mean to come across harsh. a lot of people have their complaints about otis. but try to defend darko is just stupid at this point. do you not think darko for 7 million is dumb? yes battie is a little overpaid but that is not a justification to overpay darko too.
Fonzy1410
Freshman

Post#160 » by Fonzy1410 » Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:51 pm

I know who this guy mttingly2391's source is... I'll give you a hint, you hear his voice but never see his face and he has played professional ball on a couple levels... any guesses?

Return to Orlando Magic