ImageImageImageImage

OT: The Heat

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

Cigamodnalro
RealGM
And1: 66

OT: The Heat 

Post#1 » by Cigamodnalro » Sun Jan 20, 2008 7:14 am

Miami has lost thirteen (13) games in a row after tonight's loss to the Knicksies.

They're schedule looks like this in the coming weeks:

Cleveland
San Antonio
Indiana
Boston
Orlando
New Jersey
Toronto
Detroit
Philadelphia
LA Lakers
Denver
Chicago
Houston

If they don't beat Indiana, it's conceivable that they stretch the streak to twenty-one. If they don't beat Philly, it could hit twenty-six. Of course, they could easily take down one of the better teams.

And eventually, they'll play the Sonics.
https://twitter.com/cigamodnalro
“A house pulled down is half rebuilt” - Ancient Proverb
"There's beauty in the breakdown" - Frou Frou
"We're going to turn this team around 360 degrees" - Jason Kidd
AdamTheGreek
RealGM
And1: 2,112

Post#2 » by AdamTheGreek » Sun Jan 20, 2008 7:30 am

Shaq is starting to get things going, Miami will win soon.
But that team still won't make the playoffs.
Twitter: @PapageorgiouMBO
Penny & Pops Podcast (Orlando Magic): https://soundcloud.com/137665379
Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 15,607

Post#3 » by Howard Mass » Sun Jan 20, 2008 7:40 am

Isn't it just priceless to see the Heat doing so bad especially after what Pat Riley pulled this summer with SVG?

I always thought the difference would not be that much but I was wrong.

Now, they will only get Orlando's second-round pick this year which likely would have been sold anyway.

If needed, the Magic could easily buy another 2nd.

My hope is Miami gets out of this funk so they hurt their lottery odds while missing the playoffs.
R.I.P. Dharam Raghubir (A.K.A. Magnumt)

:beer:
Optimus_Steel
RealGM
And1: 11,060

Post#4 » by Optimus_Steel » Sun Jan 20, 2008 12:59 pm

Well it looks like they wont be getting our pick. And i dont feel one bit sorry for Slimey. I do want them to win a lil bit so they mess up their draft position.
aka: prorl
craig01
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 483

Post#5 » by craig01 » Sun Jan 20, 2008 1:36 pm

Miami = Beasley.

Riley already has figured this out.

LOL.
Basketball is driven by three principles:

1) Movement 2) Application of fundamentals 3) Predictability
MoGrAdY
RealGM
And1: 118

Post#6 » by MoGrAdY » Sun Jan 20, 2008 4:04 pm

Funny because in the offseason I said they would suck. I didnt think they would be this bad, but I know alot of ppl on here disagreed with me. Beasley and Wade would make an interesting combo.
CourtsideTV
RealGM
And1: 349

Post#7 » by CourtsideTV » Sun Jan 20, 2008 4:19 pm

The heets ftl
Work Hard
maginno
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#8 » by maginno » Sun Jan 20, 2008 4:26 pm

prorl wrote:Well it looks like they wont be getting our pick. And i dont feel one bit sorry for Slimey. I do want them to win a lil bit so they mess up their draft position.

I do because I doubt very seriously they will mess up their draft position. Riley is floating ideas of stepping down as coach, Talking about Wade still being in pain and we all know jolly well Shaq is going to manufacture an injury when he knows there is no playoffs coming.

Wade playing with a top two pick or what a top two pick can be traded for? No thanks.
damo[23]
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 64

Post#9 » by damo[23] » Sun Jan 20, 2008 4:30 pm

MoGrAdY wrote:Funny because in the offseason I said they would suck. I didnt think they would be this bad, but I know alot of ppl on here disagreed with me. Beasley and Wade would make an interesting combo.

I was one of the people that agreed with you [though I had the same thoughts independent of you]. I have felt for the past couple of seasons [since they wont the 'ship] that Miami were massivily over rated.

Last season I felt the team was better with just Shaq [last portion of the season] than with just Wade or Shaq / Wade. Wade last year reminded me of M.James, but like the rich mans version, where he score sore 30 and dish out 10 dimes, but really didnt get his team anywhere.

Going into this season with no major additions and a couple of subtractions [Kapono namely] I just new they would be bad, but 2nd worst in league? not that bad.
MagicFan3
Banned User
And1: 19

Post#10 » by MagicFan3 » Sun Jan 20, 2008 5:19 pm

It's interesting to see us doing significantly better than the Heat now. I remember in the General Board, people were going nuts if anyone dared to predict Orlando over Miami in the standings.

What a difference a few months makes. :D
Last Guardian
RealGM
And1: 3,827

Post#11 » by Last Guardian » Sun Jan 20, 2008 6:25 pm

Yea I remember Harlem Heat whatever his name is was laughing at Magic fans. He declared he would pay us money if the Magic finished over the Heat. LOL. Like Conan does with Max, get a picture of him and put ASS across it.
MagicFan3
Banned User
And1: 19

Post#12 » by MagicFan3 » Sun Jan 20, 2008 6:41 pm

Solid Snake wrote:Yea I remember Harlem Heat whatever his name is was laughing at Magic fans. He declared he would pay us money if the Magic finished over the Heat. LOL. Like Conan does with Max, get a picture of him and put ASS across it.

Screw that, I want my money. :D
j-ragg
RealGM
And1: 11,650

Post#13 » by j-ragg » Sun Jan 20, 2008 7:46 pm

MoGrAdY wrote:Funny because in the offseason I said they would suck. I didnt think they would be this bad, but I know alot of ppl on here disagreed with me. Beasley and Wade would make an interesting combo.

Same here. I thought we would finish ahead of them, as well as the Wizards.

People started threads on the General Board saying the same thing and got flamed for it. Miami mods were in there cocky and everything saying it was a joke that they'd miss the playoffs.
BadMofoPimp wrote:Durant thinks Vooch is one of the Best Centers in the NBA. I will take his word over a couch-GM yelling at a TV.
happypedro12
Bench Warmer
And1: 0

Post#14 » by happypedro12 » Sun Jan 20, 2008 11:32 pm

I feel no pity for that creep Riley. First he steals SVG's miami team and wins the championship with them (very ala tony dungy and john Gruden), then he makes a move that puts him in the running for biggest douche in the universe award by making us give them a second round pick for SVG. Screw Riley and Miami, they sold their souls for 1 championship and they got it, let them rot
Whether you think you CAN or you think you CAN'T, you're right.
lovehoops01
General Manager
And1: 1

Post#15 » by lovehoops01 » Sun Jan 20, 2008 11:33 pm

I wouldn't gloat too much. You know that Riley knows what adding a top 3 pick and maybe a deal involving an expiring at this year's trade deadline could mean when added to Wade and Shaq next season. Wade, he hasn't recovered from all the offseason surgery he had yet. He'll be better next year. Shaq knows he can't do it by himself. They're not going to improve a lot this season -- but they will be better next season. And the thing about their cocky fans...they'll disappear now, but they'll come back with 10 times the vengeance as soon as they get good again.
happypedro12
Bench Warmer
And1: 0

Post#16 » by happypedro12 » Sun Jan 20, 2008 11:49 pm

^^Maybe, but i'm pretty sure Shaq and Riley are leaving after this year. Hopefully, but who knows. haven't they only won like 8 games all year??
Whether you think you CAN or you think you CAN'T, you're right.
UCFJayBird
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 3,411

Post#17 » by UCFJayBird » Mon Jan 21, 2008 12:18 am

yea it's looking like the Heat might not even win 20 games this year. I think they will, but they're certainly not on track to do so. The Heat can rot for all I care. However, I will say this, a top 3 draft pick with Wade is a DANGEROUS combination. Beasley + Wade could be scary.

But I think Shaq could be done after this year, I don't think he's going to want to come back after this year with all this losing. I think it could take a lot out of him.

Riley, I think could he probably will be gone. Riley to me seems like an egotistical ****. He'll go back to being GM, and let some coach take the fall while the team does poorly, then when he manages to get the pieces in tact, he'll swoop in again and act like he's the greatest coach ever by leading them to the playoffs again, maybe even winning another championship. He won't continue to coach if it hurts his legacy. Surprised he hasn't quit this year yet.

Return to Orlando Magic