ImageImageImageImage

Hedo Battling the Turkoflu Again?

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

The Letter J
Starter
And1: 0

Post#21 » by The Letter J » Mon Jan 21, 2008 4:36 am

zuppafly wrote:You do know players play through the flu and rarely miss a game because of it, don't you?

i.e. Stephen Jackson just spent over a week playing with a big time flu that hurt his game a lot (and my fantasy team) in GS...

Yeah, I do. Thanks for checking. I also know that Hedo is the only player in the world to go through a bout of it every year right when he starts sucking. :D
karizma87
Rookie
And1: 0

Post#22 » by karizma87 » Mon Jan 21, 2008 5:41 am

The Letter J wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Yeah, I do. Thanks for checking. I also know that Hedo is the only player in the world to go through a bout of it every year right when he starts sucking. :D

and morons like you think he's lying, and the team doctor is in on this??
lovehoops01
General Manager
And1: 1

Post#23 » by lovehoops01 » Mon Jan 21, 2008 6:37 am

I don't know. It seems highly unlikely that more than one coaching staff and front office would be trying to cover for him if he was just using it as an excuse. They would have traded him already.

Last year was weird, but guys get sick a lot in the league. I don't think I watch a game (not just Magic games, on League Pass) when the announcers don't say that someone has been suffering from food poisoning or the flu. Think about it. They travel throughout the continent in the middle of flu season and are exposed to all kinds of people and their bugs, they travel in the middle of the night and their rest is inconsistent. That's enough to make anyone sick.
AdamTheGreek
RealGM
And1: 2,115

Post#24 » by AdamTheGreek » Mon Jan 21, 2008 7:08 am

This has been a heavy flu period in the state (me included) so he should be good from here on out.
Twitter: @PapageorgiouMBO
Penny & Pops Podcast (Orlando Magic): https://soundcloud.com/137665379
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,402

Post#25 » by Bensational » Mon Jan 21, 2008 7:38 am

The Letter J wrote:Why do so many ORL fans give Hedo a pass on this? He does this seemingly every year and every year fans come on here and say, "Well, it's not his fault he's missing every shot he takes. He doesn't feel very good."

:thinking:

Give me a break, if the guy was that sick why doesn't he miss any games. Did the Dr. write him a damn prescription that says, "Keep shooting."?

translation: "i just want a reason to hate on Hedo"

Return to Orlando Magic