ImageImageImageImage

Tyrus Thomas?

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

The Letter J
Starter
And1: 0

Post#21 » by The Letter J » Thu Jan 17, 2008 6:58 am

thepantypeeler wrote: hedo (3 years at $6,373,900)
+
j.j. (2 years at $2,000,160 )

=

haslem (3 years at $6,050,000 )
+
dorrell wright (1 year at $2,040,746)

Man, I'd do that in a heartbeat, but I really don't see the Heat doing it. They'd want picks from us at least. Haslem is one of the few players the will really be trying to hold on to once they start their post-Shaq rebuilding process.
DerrickRose23
Junior
And1: 3

Post#22 » by DerrickRose23 » Mon Jan 21, 2008 3:41 am

Yea i think you would need a third team to make a deal.. I definitely think a Frontcourt of Thomas/Howard would be the best in the league and in recent memory (Thomas can play guys.. inconsistent, but he has a lot of friggin talent).. Teams like the magic that can make a deal like this could be like when the pacers acquired Jermaine oneal, or pistons rasheed wallace you could really become a force.

I think you need to find a team that would take Hedo and Turkoglu and give a post scorer to Chicago
TNMagicFan
Head Coach
And1: 243

Post#23 » by TNMagicFan » Mon Jan 21, 2008 4:06 am

MoGrAdY wrote:I dont think we have the guys to net us a superstar unless we can pull off a Baron davis or Vince Carter type of deal from back in the day. Im sayin that Otis has such a man crush on Hedo he wouldnt move him. I know alot of you guys disagree with me but Ive been sayin since the season started to deal Hedo for some legit help. Either a starting caliber PF, or a deal that nets us a PF and a SG or PG. Id still be interested to see if Philly would be at all interested in expirings + picks + Hedo + Redick for Daly + Dre or something to that extent.

Damn that would be awesome :nod:
lovehoops01
General Manager
And1: 1

Post#24 » by lovehoops01 » Mon Jan 21, 2008 6:29 am

If I'm not mistaken, some of the media reports out of Chicago says Tyrus Thomas is not getting more PT with the Bulls because they found that he is basically uncoachable. Whether that is true or just some media hatin', who knows?
Tommy Udo 6
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 28

Post#25 » by Tommy Udo 6 » Mon Jan 21, 2008 4:00 pm

When Tyrus was drafted, the Bulls said that he was a "project".

He is now 21 years old & learning. It makes no sense to draft as guy as a project & then trade him midway into his second season because he's not a star yet.

Ben Wallace demands playing time & gets it because of his status & salary. At PF, Joe Smith is having a great year & has played into the starting roll. Nocioni & Noah are also competing for playing time at that position. In fact, Noah was doing so well against detroit, that they left Ben W on the bench for the entire 4th quarter

As you can see, there is a jam at Tyrus' positions & he has not received regular playing time.

To make matters worse, he has alienated powerful Sam Smith (the guy with all the trade rumors) & Sam has a personal vendetta against Tyrus - calling him every name in the book & attacking his character. Surprising, Sam admits to this bias against the kid - and has toned it down after numerous Bulls have told him that he is just wrong about the kid.

Tyrus may be traded as part of a package for a player like Gasol. Otherwise, he's staying put.

Bulls writers get upset because they want trades. John Paxson hasnt done an in-season trade since Nov 2003. He hasnt done any trade for a player in so long that i forgot the last one. 9 players on the team were drafted by Paxson, 4 were signed by him as FAs, and the other 2 were acquired for a draft pick or claimed on waivers. Not one Bull was acquired via trade for another player

We're not talking Isiah Thomas here.. Paxson just doesnt trade much.
The gem cannot be polished without friction, nor man perfected without trials.
- -- Chinese proverb
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,906

Post#26 » by drsd » Mon Jan 21, 2008 4:10 pm

JJ for Ty straight up!
Max Power
Head Coach
And1: 1,204

Post#27 » by Max Power » Mon Jan 21, 2008 4:29 pm

I think the Magic need to stay the hell away from Tyrus Thomas. I didn't know a thing about him till his dunk contest as easy money comments. Thats the mark of a true, greedy, non committed athlete. Magic don't need that kind of virus seeping there lockerroom.
You look confused...let me fill you in.
NEM
RealGM
And1: 2,122

Post#28 » by NEM » Mon Jan 21, 2008 4:35 pm

for the right price i'd do it
I live rent free in your head. You know who you are :D

Not changing this sig until Magic win a championship. Started 6/26/2015.
Tommy Udo 6
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 28

Post#29 » by Tommy Udo 6 » Mon Jan 21, 2008 5:25 pm

Max Power wrote:I think the Magic need to stay the hell away from Tyrus Thomas. I didn't know a thing about him till his dunk contest as easy money comments. Thats the mark of a true, greedy, non committed athlete. Magic don't need that kind of virus seeping there lockerroom.

He made that comment because he wasn't in the mood to be interviewed.

Most 19-year olds make stupid comments at some point.

Tyrus had already pledged the proceeds from the dunk contest to his high school in Louisiana. Somehow, that part of the story was never reported in most areas.

Poor Tyrus - say something stupid and he'll have to live with it for the rest of his life. Life is cruel & unforgiving sometimes.

Hopefully he'll stay a Bull for a long time.
The gem cannot be polished without friction, nor man perfected without trials.
- -- Chinese proverb

Return to Orlando Magic