ImageImageImage

With rumors speculating...

Moderator: ijspeelman

eyejayem
Pro Prospect
And1: 0

With rumors speculating... 

Post#1 » by eyejayem » Sat Jan 19, 2008 4:29 am

Do you consider a Hughes,Gooden,Brown, and 1st rd pick for Crawford, Zach Randolf, and possibly 2nd rd pick?

Rumors state that Cavs are looking for a Hughes for Crawford deal but Knicks are also trying to get a taker for Randolf. I think that Gooden may be dangled for the swap because he's a great player for the price(less years) and may fix Curry. Getting Randolf may be the beginning to Varrajao becoming the starter next year with Crawford and Pavs and Gibson coming off the bench. Crawford can handle the ball but plays off-ball way better than Larry. Randolf wouldnt have to be the go to scorer but is well suited as 2nd or 3rd option but the primary post scorer.

Just wanted to know different looks and I know the no knicks policy but this is the best two knicks who can't lead a team but should be complimentary players.
hoopsdownlow
Sixth Man

Post#2 » by hoopsdownlow » Sat Jan 19, 2008 4:43 am

i wish we could make a hughes for crawford deal. i been saying this for years. crawford + lebron = WILD.
TheOUTLAW
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,757

Post#3 » by TheOUTLAW » Sat Jan 19, 2008 5:06 am

I will never understand this odd zealousness that some Cavs fans have to tossing a first round pick onto every deal. You may not think it but even later first round picks are needed to fill out a good team.
UncleDrew wrote: I get Buckets!
L&H_05
RealGM
And1: 94

Post#4 » by L&H_05 » Sat Jan 19, 2008 5:10 am

Flirting around with Knick trade rumors have me nervous...
hoopsdownlow
Sixth Man

Post#5 » by hoopsdownlow » Sat Jan 19, 2008 5:10 am

^^^^ the diff between cavs first round and knicks 2nd round will be like 5 picks
TheOUTLAW
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#6 » by TheOUTLAW » Sat Jan 19, 2008 5:25 am

Right this moment the difference between the Cavs first and NY second would be closer to 15 picks.
eyejayem
Pro Prospect

Post#7 » by eyejayem » Sat Jan 19, 2008 5:47 am

The Knicks have done worse things with their second rd picks like tradinf for extra ones last season and then cutting them to trim the roster. With tactics like that we may be able to sign our pick when he's cut when they have to trim to 15 because of so many guarunteed contracts.

Plus they may want to trade for a future pick but I know the Cavs would ant at least 1 pick in this draft.
B Mac
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 540

Post#8 » by B Mac » Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:09 am

Just say no to Randolph. Dude is bad bad news.
Gordon Bombay
Head Coach
And1: 79

Post#9 » by Gordon Bombay » Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:11 am

crawford would be the only guy that i would want to deviate from the no knicks rule for

as for randolph, he can go take a long jump off a short pier for all i care
Niko23
Lead Assistant
And1: 884

Post#10 » by Niko23 » Sun Jan 20, 2008 4:49 pm

What does this do to our cap?
Does this really make us a better team?
With Z and Zach.....We would have the same problems as New York
But Hughes is pretty worthless so lets do it
kiwibrindle
Starter
And1: 80

Post#11 » by kiwibrindle » Mon Jan 21, 2008 6:25 pm

Take out the picks and I say okay
Bamboozled
Sophomore

Post#12 » by Bamboozled » Mon Jan 21, 2008 6:42 pm

We need to keep our draft picks. Good players rarely have an incentive to ever leave their original teams, so they're almost always available in the draft.
Go Cavs!
voice of reason
Sophomore

Post#13 » by voice of reason » Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:01 pm

some of you would really take on Randolph? not that i care, bulls fan and we have more than our share of issues..but have you seen this guy play? Sure his stats may look nice but he's a cancer- No D, anytime- and i mean anytime you throw it down low to him the balls not coming back out, even if he's triple teamed he'll still chuck it up, while the rest of the players on the floor just stop moving, sit & watch, because they know too- it's not coming back out. watch the knick players when he gets a pass down low. somehow i don't think there's enough shots for Lebron & ZBo.
B Mac
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 540

Post#14 » by B Mac » Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:25 pm

Preach
eyejayem
Pro Prospect

Post#15 » by eyejayem » Wed Jan 23, 2008 6:15 pm

Yes you are right about not passing out in a double or triple team but do you think he would be double and tripled team with Lebron or Crawford in the backcourt. I definately wouldnt suggest it if I didnt think that what we was getting was better than what we was sending out and if I didnt think it would work in our favor. Zach has always had to be the go-to guy. It Portland he was their man, in New York he is arguably their best player so I believe he takes on a lot.

In Cleveland he knows this is Lebrons team, which NY doesnt have a leader for that team. He should know teams wont clamp down on him because Lebron usually is the focus. This opens driving for Lebron, Sasha, or Crawford. Zach will have so much offense come to him because of his strong rebounding ability and his abilility to pop out catch and shoot the jumper better than Drew. He will sit the bench like Drew in the 4th quarter until he learns to play D like Z did later in his career. Hopefully by that time a frontcourt of Varajao and Randolf will work. But for the next year or so I see Varajao and Z getting the time because Randolf will be the liability. I believe Crawford starts the point like Hughes with Sasha starting and Gibson coming off the bench.

This opens up for the next year and the year after that expirings to land us big players. +20mil both years in expirings is really good start with all our draft picks.
Bamboozled
Sophomore

Post#16 » by Bamboozled » Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:51 pm

The idea that we're even discussing a Randolph trade sort of embodies a major dilemma for the Cavs as a franchise. They have their franchise player, but they're drafting too high to land an impact player, and they're too cap restricted to make a major move for a proven all-star-caliber guy.

And I really think that even though Randolph has major baggage at this point in his career, a noticeable amount of that can be chalked up to his surroundings. He's on a team with horrible leadership and inconsistant coaching. And considering he's still only 26, it's not out of the question to say that he's young enough to learn some new tricks. Because he's already quite polished offensively, and I'd assume Drew Gooden would be getting the boot out of town, I don't think he would clash that much more with Z than Gooden's current style (assuming he buys into the Cavs offense).

B Mac, I understand your sentiment, especially your argument about his character (which would be the giant X-factor if a deal like this goes down), but Lebron's style is far more conducive to taking on another scorer than most superstars. He would definitely sacrifice 10 ppg if it meant he's dishing out 7 more apg.

So I guess I just wanna emphasize that Randolph has much more potential and telent than anyone on the Cavs (besides #23), and that he's available for far less than he's probably worth. And since the Cavs are going to be forced really need to fleece another team in order to get better. Randolph could totally burn the franchise to the ground, but I would be less surprised if he's a visible upgrade over Gooden. Take it for what it's worth.....
Go Cavs!
eyejayem
Pro Prospect

Post#17 » by eyejayem » Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:16 pm

I totally agree and I think it would benefit us to get Crawford for Hughes because Crawford can actually shoot but we lose a little on D. But when we have had lineups of Z,Bron,Sasha,Damon Jones, and Gibson because we needed to spread the court with shooters wouldnt it be better to have Randolf and Crawford instead of Z and Jones. Crawford creates offense better than Hughes and I would rather have Crawford chucking an unmakable shot rather than Hughes. Hell, most unmakable shots by Hughes, Crawford can make. And we only move back in the draft, we dont lose a pick.
Baseline Runner
Analyst
And1: 1,067

Post#18 » by Baseline Runner » Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:01 am

I'm kind of torn about Randolph. On the one hand he does seem to be a cancer and the prototypical empty stat player. On the other he certainly has a lot of talent and may just need to play along someone like Lebron on a winning team to really thrive. Both Portland and New York are short of true playmakers and outside shooters. We have gibson to spread the floor and Lebron to set him up. Teams wouldn't be able to double team him and he'd be a very efficient scorer. He's always been the go to guy on his teams when really he should be a complimentary player. There's been a lot of big men that can score but don't pass (Amare Stoudamire for example) but Randolph takes more flak because he's been in bad situations.
TheOUTLAW
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#19 » by TheOUTLAW » Thu Jan 24, 2008 12:31 pm

eyejayem wrote:Yes you are right about not passing out in a double or triple team but do you think he would be double and tripled team with Lebron or Crawford in the backcourt. I definately wouldnt suggest it if I didnt think that what we was getting was better than what we was sending out and if I didnt think it would work in our favor. Zach has always had to be the go-to guy. It Portland he was their man, in New York he is arguably their best player so I believe he takes on a lot.

In Cleveland he knows this is Lebrons team, which NY doesnt have a leader for that team. He should know teams wont clamp down on him because Lebron usually is the focus. This opens driving for Lebron, Sasha, or Crawford. Zach will have so much offense come to him because of his strong rebounding ability and his abilility to pop out catch and shoot the jumper better than Drew. He will sit the bench like Drew in the 4th quarter until he learns to play D like Z did later in his career. Hopefully by that time a frontcourt of Varajao and Randolf will work. But for the next year or so I see Varajao and Z getting the time because Randolf will be the liability. I believe Crawford starts the point like Hughes with Sasha starting and Gibson coming off the bench.

This opens up for the next year and the year after that expirings to land us big players. +20mil both years in expirings is really good start with all our draft picks.

Sure why not double team him if you know he's not going to pass the ball out.
Icness
NFL Analyst
And1: 129

Post#20 » by Icness » Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:34 pm

Get a 3rd team involved to eat Randolph, then I'm happy with the deal. I used to rip Crawford a lot but the guy does what he does pretty effectively and it would fit well with what the Cavs allegedly want to do.

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers