ImageImageImageImage

OT - Cloverfield Movie No Spoilers

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

LiteHedded
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 0

Post#41 » by LiteHedded » Mon Jan 21, 2008 5:34 pm

Bensational wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

i thought so. what did i miss???

apparently you see something fall from the sky in the background of the video of them at coney island
Max Power
Head Coach
And1: 1,204

Post#42 » by Max Power » Mon Jan 21, 2008 6:32 pm

Some people that see movies and film as art forget that they are designed to make money. It doesn't matter how many awards or accolades a film gets, if it doesn't turn a profit it's a failure. And if director or actor's films do poorly it means they aren't working any more. You have to design a movie with the audience in mind, are they going to enjoy it or is it going to get an Oscar for cinematography but lose 50 million dollars in the process.[/quote]

Your right and wrong there Jigen. Ultimately, any movies goal is to make a profit no question. But make no mistake, the filmmakers themselves see it as their artform. Studio execs look at it monetarily, whereas the creative forces behind film look at it as somewhat of a legacy. Not all of them, Michael Bay has never made anything that looks like art. Remember, not all films are of the blockbuster variety. There are literally millions of small budget films out there and a lot of them are better than any blockbuster like Cloverfield, Spiderman, etc. A prime example of this would be Pulp Fiction.
You look confused...let me fill you in.
magik9113
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 1,109

Post#43 » by magik9113 » Mon Jan 21, 2008 6:41 pm

they haven't added it yet but i'm gonna watch it on a movie site. it's free and good for cheapos like me who like to sit in front of the computer

Idk how many people know about it, so if anyone wants the site you can email me, it's very cool
matt13ts@optonline.net
Rafael122
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,779

Post#44 » by Rafael122 » Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:30 pm

LiteHedded wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

apparently you see something fall from the sky in the background of the video of them at coney island

Man, that's stretching it if true. Why then would the monster wait 3 weeks to attack then?
mattyBoi
Head Coach
And1: 894

Post#45 » by mattyBoi » Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:44 pm

Rafael122 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Man, that's stretching it if true. Why then would the monster wait 3 weeks to attack then?

Exactly and how would magically nobody happens to see this thing fall in the water...The movie has alot of ifs.

Magik9113 i saw it online also...My website put it up last night...Let me know if you want the site.
MJallday59
Veteran
And1: 116

Post#46 » by MJallday59 » Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:06 pm

I heard that there were preliminary talks about a sequel...except it might not be a sequel. I know this doesn't make sense, but they considered doing the same movie but from a different perspective. Maybe from someone else's iphone or something like that???
LiteHedded
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 0

Post#47 » by LiteHedded » Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:30 pm

Rafael122 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

if you do some online reading they say it's a satellite and not the actual monster. I dunno...
there's a bunch of theories as to what it is
Rafael122
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,779

Post#48 » by Rafael122 » Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:04 pm

if you do some online reading they say it's a satellite and not the actual monster. I dunno...

Eh, my theory is its similar to Godzilla. Godzilla was a result of an A-Bomb going off in Japan so it attacks Japan. Here, it appears to be the result of a Japanese drilling company, and is attacking the US. So the roles are reversed.

Honestly, if they are doing the same movie but from another perspective, I'm not sure what the point is. If they do a sequel, it won't be any time soon b/c of the strike right? Unless they got everyone to come back for a 2nd movie regardless of a strike?
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,396

Post#49 » by Bensational » Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:51 pm

hmmmm... now i'm gonna have to watch the ending again.

still, that's just a massively ambiguous hint. doesn't really say where the monster's come from.

although, the more i think about it, as cheesed off as i was before about not having resolution on the monster, i like that it's still giving life to the movie a week or so after seeing the film.
magik9113
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#50 » by magik9113 » Mon Jan 21, 2008 11:42 pm

Two of my friends just saw it this afternoon and one said it was awesome the other said it was dumb :-?

mattyBoi wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Magik9113 i saw it online also...My website put it up last night...Let me know if you want the site.

yea that'd be cool you can email it to me if u want.
u can never have too many movie sites right?
JigenDaisuke
Starter
And1: 74

Post#51 » by JigenDaisuke » Tue Jan 22, 2008 12:28 am

You can find out more about the monster if you watch all the prequel videos they released and go look at the fake websites for the companies involved. They even have my space profiles for the people in the movie. You just have to look at all of it and piece it all together. I think I like the movie better without all that stuff though.
magik9113
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#52 » by magik9113 » Tue Jan 22, 2008 1:15 am

driguez i replied to your email but it said it failed to be delivered
otownflava21
Sixth Man
And1: 103

Post#53 » by otownflava21 » Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:21 am

wat i wanna know is why that monster didnt die. he got bombed like so many times!!!
mattyBoi
Head Coach
And1: 894

Post#54 » by mattyBoi » Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:59 am

I read an interview with JJ abrams who pretty much made the movie.

He says the Monster had lived deep in the ocean for Thousands of years and when it finally came up it was like a new born baby and didnt know what was going on. He said he wanted to give the monster the confused look and thats why it was causing so much havoc.

He also said that the parasite things werent being made by the monster...but instead were attached all over his body.

In an early scene where a building is crumbling and you see the monster jj says hes actually scratching his back and removing some of the parasites and this is actually how they are let loose on the city.

And at the end of the film after the credits the camera is still on and u hear the main character rob say "help us" and if played backwards you hear "its still alive" so say hello to a sequel.

Hope i cleared some stuff up

Return to Orlando Magic