And1: 540

Game 41 - Wizards @ Cavaliers 7:00 FSNOHIO 

Post#1 » by B Mac » Tue Jan 22, 2008 6:59 pm

@

Key Matchup

Caron "Prune Juice" Butler

vs.

The King

- The Cavs are currently a half game back of Washington for 4th place in the Eastern Conference.
- Wiz playing some great ball without Agent M0r0n and have put on an impressive streak of their own.

Lets remind them that we are still the top dogs in the East and have rolled them the past three times we've faced them in the playoffs.

Hopefully old Gil makes the trip and feels the need to talk some more trash from the sideline again.

I sure do miss that guy running around the court acting all crazy.

Battle of the Cheerleaders

vs

The Cavs girls "making it rain" Im sure our Wizard friends remember Drew making it rain on them as well.

B Mac's gamethread record
4-1

Lets go Cavs!!!
Cevap
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#2 » by Cevap » Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:16 pm

didn't we just beat them the past two years in the playoffs? whatever, they're not that good. wiz remind me of a crappier version of the early 2000 nets in a harder conference. they are not a championship contendedr
B Mac
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#3 » by B Mac » Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:19 pm

Yup. But we've beat them three times in the playoffs now.
the edge
Pro Prospect
And1: 109

Post#4 » by the edge » Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:26 pm

Lord don't slow us down! This should be a good game with both teams on a roll. I'm sure Lebron remembers Butler making fun of him in the past.

That "trap" game against Miami was a good start to shake some of our baggage, they should'nt take this game lightly!

Come on Butler p*ss off the King, just like the Spurs a couple nights ago, when LBJ rolled his ankle, you won't like him when he's angry.

Who's that knocking on your door Detroit? Oh yea, the suns still shinning on that dogs a**!!
L&H_05
RealGM
And1: 94

Post#5 » by L&H_05 » Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:29 pm

Their name is----> Wizards :rofl:
TheOUTLAW
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,757

Post#6 » by TheOUTLAW » Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:48 pm

What exactly is it about the Wiz that brings out the cockiness in Cavs fans?
UncleDrew wrote: I get Buckets!
B Mac
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#7 » by B Mac » Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:49 pm

I would also love it if Prune Juice mocked Bronnie again... One of the most stupid moves he has made. Not a good idea to piss off LeBron. Hopefully the Cavs dont take the Wiz lightly. Z should have some problems, but Drew seems to always do well on the offensive end against these guys. Now, if he can do anything to Jamison on the other end then thats a bonus.
B Mac
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#8 » by B Mac » Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:50 pm

TheOUTLAW wrote:What exactly is it about the Wiz that brings out the cockiness in Cavs fans?

Dude. Do you want us to go bring up the old playoff game threads? These guys deserve it.
TheOUTLAW
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,757

Post#9 » by TheOUTLAW » Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:00 pm

Yeah, they probably do deserve it, but overall these two teams are remarkably even overall. Either team can win tonight. Hopefully Sasha will be the same Sasha we saw last night and that might swing things our way.
UncleDrew wrote: I get Buckets!
B Mac
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#10 » by B Mac » Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:10 pm

I actually am really excited to play them. I think our rivalry with their fans is more of a friendly one anyway. Sure we get into it from time to time, but I do respect their team and enjoy playing them. I know they hate LeBron and Larry, but we hate Gilbert and Caron so its even.

For any Wiz fans stopping by, or anyone else who knows. Is Haywood still doing as well as he had been? I always thought that trading him was a mistake because he had some serious skill just a questionable personality. I actually completely forgot about his blowup on AV in the playoffs last year. That was hilarious... Didnt Austin or Fred say something ridiculous about the fans in the stands all having his back if there was a fight??? Pipster I know you remember that, can you recap it better?
Donkey McDonkerton
General Manager
And1: 411

Post#11 » by Donkey McDonkerton » Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:29 pm

B Mac wrote:I actually am really excited to play them. I think our rivalry with their fans is more of a friendly one anyway. Sure we get into it from time to time, but I do respect their team and enjoy playing them. I know they hate LeBron and Larry, but we hate Gilbert and Caron so its even.

:nod:

B Mac wrote:For any Wiz fans stopping by, or anyone else who knows. Is Haywood still doing as well as he had been? I always thought that trading him was a mistake because he had some serious skill just a questionable personality. I actually completely forgot about his blowup on AV in the playoffs last year. That was hilarious... Didnt Austin or Fred say something ridiculous about the fans in the stands all having his back if there was a fight??? Pipster I know you remember that, can you recap it better?

Haywood is still playing very well, but Blatche and Opec are also getting some pt at the C position (as well as Darius, and he shouldn't).

Caron is really having a monster year, and Jamison is almost a lock for 20 and 10 night in and night out.
dlts20
RealGM
And1: 6,194

Post#12 » by dlts20 » Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:01 am

Wiz fan here. You guys have beat us 2 years in a row but come on now, we all know that last year was a gimmie. 2 years ago you beat us but we were right there with you the whole time. You blew us out in the 1st game but in all of the next 5 games we had the lead with under 3 seconds left but somehow still managed to lose 2 of them. You guys won the East last year and no one can take that away from you but we felt around here that we were the team that wouldve beat you. People forget that we were in 1st place last year before the injuries. We also were a much better team then the year before mostly due to the fact that Deshawn was much better then Jared Jeffries.

I will say that you guys definatly shouldnt sleep on us this year. This Wiz team is 10x better then our past teams when healthy. There have always been 3 reasons why we were so average every year. We had no good bigs, our D always sucked, and we never had any depth. Now were way better in those 3 positions. People who dont watch us closely blame Gil but if you really watched us then you will see those are the 3 main reasons. We always came off the bench with bums like Jarvis, Ruffin, Taylor, & Booth. Now we come off the bench with Blatche, Pecherov, a healthy Songaila, Mason, and Nick Young. All those guys have been great this year and we can count on them. Then AD will be back to the bench when Gil gets back. Our bigs have always sucked with Wood, Etan, Ruffin, and Booth. Now our bigs can play with anyone. Wood has been a monster this year along with AJ. Then off the bench you can come in with long athletic guys like Blatche & Pecherov, or a heady guy like Songaila. Then one thing people overlook is that we added Randy Ayers this year from Philly which has made our D top notch. We shut down everyone now. EJ is great on O but he didnt know how to coach D. People are still some dumb about us that you still have fans from other teams saying how much there team sucks when they cant put up points against us. They still dont realize how much better on D we are this year and its not a fluke.

Im not dissing you guys at all. I think its so funny how people continue to underrate you. I think that you guys will give anyone hell when healthy but I also think we matchup with you, Boston, and Detroit way better then any other team in the East and it shows when we battle. We are without Gil but still are great as long as we have AD. Without him we are average because we have no other PG right now. He will play in this game so it should be fun. The King vs Caron will be classic as Caron has dominated nearly everyone this year including owning Pierce but I know Lebron is a whole different beast. Still, I know that there are a ton of great matchups in this one and it should be fun. I espically want to see how our bigs matchup off the bench and how well Deshawn plays against Pavlovich after he totally sucked down the stretch last year. Now he's back to normal and I know he wants to redeem himself Good luck but not too good : )
L&H_05
RealGM

Post#13 » by L&H_05 » Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:38 am

TheOUTLAW wrote:What exactly is it about the Wiz that brings out the cockiness in Cavs fans?
Because it's fun... We're not extreme too extreme..

Let loose, Outty... Rip 'em a little... You know you wanna...It's all in good nature... There's nobody you really have to worry about on this board..

Just cause we're the hammer and the Wizards are the nail in this rivalry doesn't mean we can't have fun... We smack them around like Mike did us...:lol:

Plus, don't forget Pickle Juice mocking THE KING with his powder toss... Not to mention coining the horrific and unwarranted moniker "LeTravel" :nonono:

And just so we know.... Donkeys still suck...

Mules are where it's at...
B Mac
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#14 » by B Mac » Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:45 am

I do give Wiz fans credit for the LeTravel name... Quite creative. :roll:

BUT I prefer to refer to the Zards as the big bug to our windshield. They annoy you just enough that you have to clean them off, but they never do enough damage to stop us from rolling right through them.
Benedict_Boozer
RealGM
And1: 5,696

Post#15 » by Benedict_Boozer » Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:08 am

L&H_05 wrote:
And just so we know.... Donkeys still suck...

Mules are where it's at...

LOL :rofl:

This is actually a huge game. The Wiz keep winning games and we need to catch them in the standings before Arenas comes back. Not to mention this is probably the team we will end up facing again in the playoffs.

I also look forward to the Butler/Lebron matchup, we will see how far LBJ's defense has come playing a quicker scoring forward like Butler. Really for the sake of keep him fresh till the 4th, we should put Sasha on him for the first 3 Qtr's, let LBJ rest on Stevenson.

By the way in a playoff series, I still think the Cavs would win 10/10 times against the Wiz solely because of Lebron James. They can't stop him period and end up trapping him at halfcourt with double teams which breaks down their defense and will leave guys like DJ/Gibson open down the stretch. Sure our other guys are mediocre, but DJ/Gibson deliver consistently in tight games
Cevap
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#16 » by Cevap » Wed Jan 23, 2008 4:14 am

lol @ letravel. not too catchy

hitachi>letravel
yungal07
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#17 » by yungal07 » Wed Jan 23, 2008 4:57 am

Actually the Wiz have lost to the Cavs twice in the playoffs, you non counting gumps. The first time you needed the refs to win because everyone knows Queen LeTravel can't win a playoff game without the help of the refs. Last season, our big 2 was hurt.

We already owned the Cavs like the bitches they are once this year already. Time to do it again. :nod:
B Mac
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#18 » by B Mac » Wed Jan 23, 2008 6:08 am

yungal07 wrote:Actually the Wiz have lost to the Cavs twice in the playoffs, you non counting gumps. The first time you needed the refs to win because everyone knows Queen LeTravel can't win a playoff game without the help of the refs. Last season, our big 2 was hurt.

We already owned the Cavs like the bitches they are once this year already. Time to do it again. :nod:

Better check your history yunggal. Go ahead look it up.

Also, you are talking about a game where LeBron, Larry, and AV all didnt play and it was Sasha's first game back. Congrats on owning us.

Oh wait I remember you. You're the one who last year said that Gibson was horrible and the Wizards wouldnt even give up Etan Thomas for him.

Daaaaaaa :clap:

Welcome to the Cavs board... Didnt mean to own you.
Gordon Bombay
Head Coach
And1: 79

Post#19 » by Gordon Bombay » Wed Jan 23, 2008 6:19 am

B Mac wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Better check your history yunggal. Go ahead look it up.

Also, you are talking about a game where LeBron, Larry, and AV all didnt play and it was Sasha's first game back. Congrats on owning us.

Oh wait I remember you. You're the one who last year said that Gibson was horrible and the Wizards wouldnt even give up Etan Thomas for him.

Daaaaaaa :clap:

Welcome to the Cavs board... Didnt mean to own you.

pure greatness bmac, pure greatnes
L&H_05
RealGM

Post#20 » by L&H_05 » Wed Jan 23, 2008 6:33 am

yungal07 wrote:Actually the Wiz have lost to the Cavs twice in the playoffs, you non counting gumps. The first time you needed the refs to win because everyone knows Queen LeTravel can't win a playoff game without the help of the refs. Last season, our big 2 was hurt.

And here's your typical dude at the club that's had a little too much to drink, decides to muster up the courage to speak his mind freely, and then proceeds to get curb stomped which leads to him feeding through a tube right around 4:00am...

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers