ImageImageImage

With rumors speculating...

Moderator: ijspeelman

L&H_05
RealGM
And1: 94

Post#21 » by L&H_05 » Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:58 pm

The thing I'm starting to realize more and more as I watch the Cavs. It's not about having more shooters, it's about having more dribble penetration from someone other than LBJ...
the edge
Pro Prospect
And1: 109

Post#22 » by the edge » Thu Jan 24, 2008 7:01 pm

L&H, you could'nt be more on the money. Did you see Boobie penetrate early in the game? Defense collapses and wham! There goes Z for the easy basket. I had to take a double look, cause thats usually LBJ making that move.

If Gibson keeps working on that part of his game, look out.
Icness
NFL Analyst
And1: 129

Post#23 » by Icness » Fri Jan 25, 2008 3:04 pm

What L&H and the edge said--the problems (and solutions) to the offense are better spacing and someone other than Lebron attacking the paint. That's why when Sasha was playing well last season the Cavs were so great, it collapses the D and the shooters get more space to get a look. Because Z is such a good shooter, the opposing big has to venture further outside and that opens the backside cuts and weakside 3s.

And the Cavs do have the guys who can do that on the team already--Sasha, Boobie, even Hughes when he has his confidence. It's a matter of dedicating to it and sticking with it (read: Coach Brown waking up and trying to coach offense, not just D)

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers